Prosise - This year's injury-prone whipping boy?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkFan72":262j617s said:
Would suck to lose Prosise for the year, since we used a 3rd rounder on him and it looked like he could bring a new dimension to the Offense. I hope he can heal fast and get some work in.

Thanks to the "labor laws", practice time on the field is precious. Just think....the first pre-season game is just 12 days away!

Hawks46

Reaction score
nanomoz":39ruitk5 said:
Not as concerned about Prosise, personnally.

But Gilliam needs to get in there, didn't realize the cyst removal would cut into TC. The guys up front need every possible minute of work they can get together if this team has any hope of not being a 9-week horror show to start the season.

I'm not really worried about Gilliam with the cyst. He was available and went through some OL drills, but left early as a "precaution". I honestly read into as: he was recovering from cyst removal surgery, so he wasn't able to work out. They are easing him in so he won't pull a hammy or otherwise injury himself into he gets himself back into football shape.

It's less to do with the surgery than making sure he gets eased back in and doesn't injure himself in a different way.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hawks46":3hrz8eyo said:
nanomoz":3hrz8eyo said:
Not as concerned about Prosise, personnally.

But Gilliam needs to get in there, didn't realize the cyst removal would cut into TC. The guys up front need every possible minute of work they can get together if this team has any hope of not being a 9-week horror show to start the season.

I'm not really worried about Gilliam with the cyst. He was available and went through some OL drills, but left early as a "precaution". I honestly read into as: he was recovering from cyst removal surgery, so he wasn't able to work out. They are easing him in so he won't pull a hammy or otherwise injury himself into he gets himself back into football shape.

It's less to do with the surgery than making sure he gets eased back in and doesn't injure himself in a different way.

This is one of the things that makes Pete so successful. He takes care of his players, which allows his young players to get more reps, and his older players to be in good shape at the end of the season when it all matters (it's not how you start...).

The players appreciate it, and unbeknownst to them, their bodies appreciate it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3u6mj6ov said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/760198206609174528[/tweet]
Doesn't look like it's that serious. Probably being cautious which is the smart move at this point.

kearly

Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of the pick nor do I see the talent that others see. However, he's good enough as a raw athlete to do some real damage as a pure pass catching running back. The reduced role will also help protect him from injury. The hamstring tweak may very well be a non-story.

It's easy to give pcjs the benefit of the doubt with good athletes. The way I feel about this pick is similar to the way I felt after the Paul Richardson pick. I thought he was more of round 4 / 5 guy as an overall prospect, but I also know that If he's healthy and used right he can live up to his 3rd round draft slot.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":34r9nazc said:
If Brooks plays well, and Procise can't participate, I could see them IR'ing Procise in a month. I think they'd prefer to stash him, but this roster is going to be tight, and Procise wouldn't clear waivers either.
That's how this most likely plays out. The one-leg-injury-after-another domino effect he's in doesn't bode well for this season.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My fingers are crossed that these injuries will soon pass and Prosise will finally be able to make a fresh start to what appears to be a hopefully promising career that has been derailed by overexertion injuries.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
7-10 days? I thought Prosise was about to retire based on other posts about it.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
We are looking at a player that probably cannot contribute on special teams and now is almost certainly not going to play vs KC in Preseason Week 1.....We will get a longer look at Christine Michael now as a starter and more Collins and Brooks, since I don't see Prosise getting healthy enough to get reps in camp.

One of the concerns is when we landed Fred Jackson, was we didn't have an outlet for Russell to dump off the ball to on 3rd down....Prosise was likely that guy.....if Brooks doesn't make the roster or become that player, we are now left with asking Alex Collins to be a pass-catching threat, on top of the complimentary back with Rawls and Michael.

I think Prosise was insurance against BOTH Christine Michael and Paul Richardson.....if he was healthy and can do BOTH....Get a couple of snaps out of the backfield and perhaps motion outside and make a play at WR, he would be the ultimate weapon that gets that one extra first down each game that extends a drive for a couple of extra minutes a game.

I hope Brooks can play and catch.....if he does, he'll make the roster.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":2gfh28wo said:
We are looking at a player that probably cannot contribute on special teams and now is almost certainly not going to play vs KC in Preseason Week 1......

Can you explain why he cannot contribute on special teams?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The negativity about goes on and on around here, just why I'm not sure, it seems tremendously premature. Ultimately Procisse will get healthy and then develop as a pro until then let's wait to see what happens once he's finally healthy.

Lot's of rookies have a slow start to their careers as they adjust to the physicality of the NFL. A hamstring strain can happen to any athlete.

I don't know how anyone can say whether he will be able to contribute or not be able to contribute at this point. He's just having a slow start and has been plagued by annoying injuries. He looked good as a college player, and has genuine physical ability.

chris98251

Reaction score
They will take care of it, strains hurt but pushing to hard can lead to a second injury easily then it becomes a tear maybe and he's done for the year. I don't see him back going hard until week three at least maybe week 4.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
week3/4?You mean preseason I hope lol

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3bf6ii98 said:
NewJerseyHawk":3bf6ii98 said:
We are looking at a player that probably cannot contribute on special teams and now is almost certainly not going to play vs KC in Preseason Week 1......

Can you explain why he cannot contribute on special teams?

Or in Week 1.

Even though I doubt they throw him out there with it tender, this injury still sounds very minor.

If he gets into the 2nd and 3rd games he's fine.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I remember a guy named Golden Tate who received similar treatment from neurotic fans. He turned out ok.