Prosise - This year's injury-prone whipping boy?

kearly

Reaction score
It's taken me a while but I think I've finally found my comp for CJ Procise.

Chris Warren.

Warren would often run his way into mistakes, and then he'd try to run his way out of them. Because Warren was so athletic (with decent size to go with his speed) he was able to get away with it and turn bad plays into big plays. As a result, Warren had a nice little career in Seattle that included three trips to the pro-bowl. Warren's instincts often got him into trouble, but his legs got him out of trouble.

I see a lot of that with Procise too. He'll make the wrong cut or he'll be indecisive on an outside run, only to cut things back and improvise for a huge play. And when Procise does get to daylight, like Warren, he can turn that opportunity into a big, big play.

When I watch Procise's highlight reel, the one thing that really jumps out are his receptions. His best highlights are him catching the ball, and NOT out of the backfield either, but way downfield. He's a heck of a wheel route runner, and he has good hands catching the ball 20-25 yards downfield.

While I still don't think he's a good fit for a starting RB role in our running game since it relies so much on having a RB with good instincts, I could see him being sensational as a surprise downfield threat or as a change of pace RB. I hope he stays healthy because he will add an extra dimension to our offense if he does.

It's also been hard to find the exact right comp for Alex Collins, but recently I've been watching a lot of Tim Hightower footage and I feel they are mostly the same back. Collins is a little bit better as a short yardage player but they are pretty comparable overall.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3ud0ypz8 said:
I remember a guy named Golden Tate who received similar treatment from neurotic fans. He turned out ok.

Because Tate was injured all the time??

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I'm high on Prosise but RBs being cautious about anything ticks me off.
Caution doesnt take a job that Lynch just vacated.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
kearly":24gyifd4 said:
It's taken me a while but I think I've finally found my comp for CJ Procise.

Chris Warren.

Warren would often run his way into mistakes, and then he'd try to run his way out of them. Because Warren was so athletic (with decent size to go with his speed) he was able to get away with it and turn bad plays into big plays. As a result, Warren had a nice little career in Seattle that included three trips to the pro-bowl. Warren's instincts often got him into trouble, but his legs got him out of trouble.

I see a lot of that with Procise too. He'll make the wrong cut or he'll be indecisive on an outside run, only to cut things back and improvise for a huge play. And when Procise does get to daylight, like Warren, he can turn that opportunity into a big, big play.

When I watch Procise's highlight reel, the one thing that really jumps out are his receptions. His best highlights are him catching the ball, and NOT out of the backfield either, but way downfield. He's a heck of a wheel route runner, and he has good hands catching the ball 20-25 yards downfield.

While I still don't think he's a good fit for a starting RB role in our running game since it relies so much on having a RB with good instincts, I could see him being sensational as a surprise downfield threat or as a change of pace RB. I hope he stays healthy because he will add an extra dimension to our offense if he does.

It's also been hard to find the exact right comp for Alex Collins, but recently I've been watching a lot of Tim Hightower footage and I feel they are mostly the same back. Collins is a little bit better as a short yardage player but they are pretty comparable overall.

I kind of hope you are wrong but your probably not. I get the feeling if he is making mistakes getting out of them or not, he won't see much paying time. Between Cable and Pete they are pretty regimented in the way they want things to work.

Golden Tate also had that quality but took three years to see real playing time and was let to walk in FA.

Basis4day

Reaction score
TheHawkster":1bgfuwdl said:
I'm high on Prosise but RBs being cautious about anything ticks me off.
Caution doesnt take a job that Lynch just vacated.

That's up to the coaches and trainers.

kearly

Reaction score
RichNhansom":zov2gerv said:
I kind of hope you are wrong but your probably not. I get the feeling if he is making mistakes getting out of them or not, he won't see much paying time. Between Cable and Pete they are pretty regimented in the way they want things to work.

Golden Tate also had that quality but took three years to see real playing time and was let to walk in FA.

I still remember when I wanted Tate cut after his second preseason. He was so awful...

But then he turned things around and became a very good NFL player. I think that's a fair comparison for Procise. He's going to madden us at times and thrill us at times. Hopefully he puts it all together and becomes a stud like Tate did.

I agree with your point about the coaches being really picky about their RBs following assignments. That's why I was so surprised by the Procise pick. There were some fundamentally sound RBs similar to Thomas Rawls who were still available that I thought were draft steals. But I think maybe what that tells us is that they have never viewed Procise as competition for Rawls, but rather a player who adds a new dimension to the offense who might as well be listed under a different position.

chris98251

Reaction score
kearly":35m58ir4 said:
RichNhansom":35m58ir4 said:

I still remember when I wanted Tate cut after his second preseason. He was so awful...

But then he turned things around and became a very good NFL player. I think that's a fair comparison for Procise. He's going to madden us at times and thrill us at times. Hopefully he puts it all together and becomes a stud like Tate did.

I agree with your point about the coaches being really picky about their RBs following assignments. That's why I was so surprised by the Procise pick. There were some fundamentally sound RBs similar to Thomas Rawls who were still available that I thought were draft steals. But I think maybe what that tells us is that they have never viewed Procise as competition for Rawls, but rather a player who adds a new dimension to the offense who might as well be listed under a different position.

Percy Harvin position, Wing Back.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":2v4hmx2z said:
kearly":2v4hmx2z said:
RichNhansom":2v4hmx2z said:

Percy Harvin position, Wing Back.
I can easily see that and with Rawls off PUP already there's no real need for him to be primarily a runner in the classic sense.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He was drafted to be the third down back. If he develops into more, great.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

brimsalabim

Reaction score
That wheel route of his reminds me a lot of Koren Robinson as a running back early in his career at NCSU. He moved to WR when Rivers took over.
Another interesting tidbit is that CJ went to and played for prestigious Woodbury Forest prep school. It's in the same league and is a main competitor of near by Collegiate where Russell stared.