Public Transportation in Frisco

SeaTown81

Reaction score
My memory is a bit fuzzy. But my friends and I took the BART from downtown to the game. I specifically remember the driver telling us to not get off at any stops along the way. You cross through some really bad neighborhoods.

muxpux

Reaction score
one note, when riding the bus, make sure you have ones as they do not give change, i was chatting with my buddy and threw a 20 in. driver gave us free passes for the rest of the day, but still sucked as we ended up walking a lot anyways.

TrudyHawk

Reaction score
My husband and I are going to the game too. It's my first away game; Woohoo!! Anyway, my husband did a game there a few years ago and took Bart and said it worked great. We have air, hotel, but haven't picked up tickets yet. Any experienced travelers have any ideas on the best place to purchase? I know we should get on it sooner than later! Any info is appreciated.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawks46":vbmnxet5 said:
SF might have the best and easiest to use public transportation of any major US city.

The BART is a good bet to get almost anywhere, but the buses are simple and easy as well. We took a bus right to the stadium last time we were there.

The only problem you might run into is that the BART seems to be on strike every other week down there lately. Make backup plans just in case.

BART doesn't go near the stadium (It does go the Oakland's, so maybe this is the source of the confusion). You're going to need to take a shuttle from the closest stations. The strike is over, so BART will be running.

Use this site to plan your trip:

http://511.org/

Again, BART does NOT go near the 49ers stadium.

The closest stations are Balboa Park (5.5 miles away) and Glen Park (4.9 Miles).

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yeah when i wend down last year we stayed basically down town near enough to a BART station. Then a few hours before the game we took the BART to Balboa Park. At Balboa park there are busses that run to the Stadium. They are fairly crowded. Also, after the game it's kind of a mess. I recommend that depending on the score you get out there early or you'll be waiting a while. Also ask the driver as you're getting on to make sure they are going back to Balboa Park. There was some confusion between where the drivers thought they were going, and the route they had on their bus last time.

Overall not a horrible experience but you have to be willing to deal with waiting and crowds just like any game. I also imagine you might be dealing with more hostile crowds than we did. Can't say the rivalry last year when i went down for the thursday night game was as heated as it is now. We didn't really get much grief. But after the way we've slapped them around the last couple games I imagine you might get more crap.

Anyhow if you want anymore info, PM me and I can probably give you a few tips based on where you're staying. Last year my cousin and myself went down, landed at SFO, used the bart to get down town and it was pretty easy to figure out getting around and getting to the game. Fun city to hang out in.

Some things I found helpful:

-Map of SFO - like this one http://www.mappery.com/maps/San-Francis ... mthumb.jpg Useful so you can know in advance how to get to the BART station at the airport.

-Map of the area around your airport and it's location to the nearest BART station

-Map of the BART lines - they are up all over the terminals but they are useful to look at in advance so you know what to expect.

-Schedule & bus information for balboa park busses. 75x is the route we took.

It's a fun trip. Would have been 10x more enjoyable for us if we had won and would consider doing the trip again this year if not for the timing of the game this time.

MoneyLynch24

Reaction score
Also for those making this trip who are deciding to walk/bus, make sure you keep your head on a swivel as the area surrounding Candle Stick (Bayview/Hunter's Point) can be pretty rough. There's a reason why it's not in the tourist guides. And if anyone is booking a hotel either stay in Burlingame or South San Francisco.

Go Hawks!

Latest posts