Pumped in crowd noise

hawkfannj

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2zgj83lj said:
Metlife, new englands gillette, even new jerry world are more corporate crowds. Not really the "true die hard fans" so thats why their stadiums arent as loud. Our fans are the hardcore type.
:th2thumbs: give this post a gold star.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I visited a few Jets/Giants boards the week after the SB to get their reaction and saw several "why can't WE be that loud?" posts. We all know the "piped in" noise claims are bogus, but that was also proof that our noise is much more than a structurally engineered stadium. Nobody likes to know they're inferior, so they'll cling to their (false) beliefs to make themselves feel better. We know the truth.

CANHawk

Reaction score
With regard to the pumping in noise BS, some hella smart somebody here wrote up a brilliant rebuttal (I think it was Hans, but I don't remember). Basically it's the *frequency* of the noise we broke the Guinness record with; there is no speaker in existence that can make noise at that kind of db at that frequency, and in theory if there was, it would be almost as big as the stadium itself (so kinda hard to hide).

So really... Haters are just gonna haveta keep hating, cuz there ain't a damn thing they can do about it.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It also puts into perspective how much the stadium design of C-Link assists with the noise, which is another argument used by jealous fans of other teams looking to give credit to our fans' loudness to anything but our fans. It's been obvious to me that Seattle has the loudest fans since watching the Sonics back in the Kemp/Payton era. Even watching footage of the 2 championship series they played in back in 78/79, it was just ridiculously loud for a basketball arena.