Putting the shutout in perspective

RiverDog

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":2av0sa6z said:
RiverDog":2av0sa6z said:
Just an FYI... no one, and I mean NO ONE, in the national media is talking about the fact that the Hawks forced the Bears to punt on every single possession. They're all focused on Tom Brady's 400th career TD pass, the injury to Ben Worthlessburger, and Aaron Rodgers 5 TD passes. The only place the punt on every possession factoid is being discussed is in Seahawks Nation amongst stats monkeys and football freaks like us. It's a neat answer to a very obscure trivia question that 95% of sports fans across the nation are completely oblivious to.

I've seen it mentioned an almost every single highlight reel from NFLN's many shows to the Worldwide Leader to FS1.

You must be watching a lot more highlight reels than me because honestly, I haven't heard it mentioned. I haven't seen them comment on our game, period, let alone the finer details. I'll admit that I don't watch every single clip or listen to every single comment, but it is most definitely not being talked about to the same degree as other news, ie Rodgers 5 TD's, Worthlessburger's injury, etc. A 1-2 team beating up on an 0-3 team on the same day when 14 other games are played doesn't attract a lot of attention.

It's water under the bridge now anyway. Next game up. I'm excited for MNF to get here as I just scored some tickets and will be in attendance. :D