QB Brett Rypien signed PS

nwHawk

Reaction score
I have to believe this is about getting intel on the Rams. Rip isn’t exactly future material.

Rat

Reaction score
What a waste of a spot, dude couldn't even beat out that guy they have starting in Denver.

Speaking of Rypiens, if you want to read a sad story look up what happened to Mark (Brett's uncle). His eggs are so scrambled; I don't question anyone who doesn't let their kids play organized football anymore. Fun to watch, but our bodies aren't built for that kind of abuse.

flv2

Reaction score
Rypien was the only guy Lock definitely beat out for a job in Denver. Rypien made Lock look good.

This signing is more likely about forcing the Rams to change their verbiage again.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
such an odd random signing.
It make sense to me. They're taking a risk having no 3rd QB on the roster. They obviously didn't believe Holton Ahlers was ready for the NFL. Rypien isn't much, but he's played NFL games and if they needed a backup if Geno misses a few games, there aren't many decent choices out there.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Rams? Intelligence? LOLOLOLOL .....Sorry, that's just some funny thsi'
Besides LOL they likely got all the intelligence on the Rams when they hired Shane Waldron.
It now comes down to Conceptual Execution.
Conceptual Execution? I'd settle for ACTUAL Execution. The kind that occurs on the field. ;)

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Rypien was the only guy Lock definitely beat out for a job in Denver. Rypien made Lock look good.

This signing is more likely about forcing the Rams to change their verbiage again.
Regardless, we get to read pages of chicken little garbage yet again.

The mental fortitude of this fan base is equivalent to ramen noodle broth 🍜.

flv2

Reaction score
Regardless, we get to read pages of chicken little garbage yet again.

The mental fortitude of this fan base is equivalent to ramen noodle broth 🍜.
The back-up QB is always an attractive option...until he actually plays. Sometimes it works out, but most times it doesn't. Smith surprised me, (and almost everyone else), last year. Lock might surprise me in the future, as might Rypien, Ahlers, Mannion, Eason, Etling, McGough...

All good fun no matter which fan base we look at. :)

keasley45

Reaction score
The posts here by folks thinking he was signed to actually be considered for field action are pretty hilarious.

He no doubt was brought in to force the Rams to switch up calls and provide whatever insight he might have into their current scheme.

I'd also wager he's not a bad add to a qb room where the OCs seat is starting to get hot. He could be of help in working with our guys on the execution of plays and concepts. Sure, he's a backup and hardly viable as that, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the brain to understand the scheme. Some guys are just that way - they can teach it, but can't do it. In the same way that often great players can play the game, but not teach it.

2 different muscles...

CPHawk

Reaction score
I have to believe this is about getting intel on the Rams. Rip isn’t exactly future material.
Is he going to tell us how to block the rams DL? If not, what intell will he provide that will actually help?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The posts here by folks thinking he was signed to actually be considered for field action are pretty hilarious.

He no doubt was brought in to force the Rams to switch up calls and provide whatever insight he might have into their current scheme.

I'd also wager he's not a bad add to a qb room where the OCs seat is starting to get hot. He could be of help in working with our guys on the execution of plays and concepts. Sure, he's a backup and hardly viable as that, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the brain to understand the scheme. Some guys are just that way - they can teach it, but can't do it. In the same way that often great players can play the game, but not teach it.

2 different muscles...
LOLOL My "Muscle Memory" has Alzheimer's.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Is he going to tell us how to block the rams DL? If not, what intell will he provide that will actually help?
Coming off a game where the Ravens scheme totally confused and stymied the offense, how hard is it to believe. Players and teams look for advantages all the time.

Do you really believe they signed Brett for any other reason?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Coming off a game where the Ravens scheme totally confused and stymied the offense, how hard is it to believe. Players and teams look for advantages all the time.

Do you really believe they signed Brett for any other reason?
The rams D has kicked our ass for years. Maybe he helps, but that’s why we lose to them. Not because they have some crazy explosive O.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Another unthought of reason is recently Lock was on the injury report with a leg issue and perhaps that is being treated slowly.

I agree with Hawkstorian as to his use and the view that the team is picking his brain on the Rams scheme and verbiage. Winning that Rams game could put the team in a situation where all they need is a split with the Digits to win the division in terms of Divisional record at least.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Another unthought of reason is recently Lock was on the injury report with a leg issue and perhaps that is being treated slowly.

I agree with Hawkstorian as to his use and the view that the team is picking his brain on the Rams scheme and verbiage. Winning that Rams game could put the team in a situation where all they need is a split with the Digits to win the division in terms of Divisional record at least.
Injury to Lock... Which could explain why Lock got no playing time in Baltimore when the game was out of hand. When Ravens put in Huntley, their backup, and Hawks trotted out Geno again.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We shall see how invested the team is in Rypien after the Rams game is played. Frankly I expect to see Ahlers back on the PS before the year is done with him signed to a futures deal after the games are done.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
And yet I managed to stay injury free while also not stepping on the field for a single snap.

They aren't making QBs like they used to...

Latest posts