Reaction score
This team is broken.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CorbinSmithNFL/status/1446328559320985604[/tweet]

Mizak

Reaction score
hugecanoli":3oamo9rl said:
This team is broken.

I mean, he’s right. His job is to play, not gameplan and scheme.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mizak":1u3lvydb said:
hugecanoli":1u3lvydb said:
This team is broken.

Bingo!

mistaowen

Reaction score
He makes plays and does his role well. Coaching staff is bottom of the barrel in the NFL, CB’s are probably the worst starting duo in the NFL, Jamal Adams is the highest paid safety in the NFL and has zero sacks, zero pass deflections, zero ints, zero fumbles. I feel for him when he is constantly yelling at players and coaches who have no idea what is going on while giving up the most yards per game EVER.

OP
OP
hugecanoli

hugecanoli

Reaction score
I’m not placing blame on Diggs. He’s obviously pissed and lightly calling out the coaching staff.

Hence the team and defense in particular being broken.

Torc

Reaction score
I'm not blaming Diggs.....but how on earth would you get "too comfortable" at 2-2 with the worst defense in the league?

PNW

Reaction score
He’s just not trying to be a snitch, he knows what’s actually wrong with the

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I saw Diggs post game interview.

The guy is pissed.

He’s right.

I don’t know how you game plan like this, damn, near every single game.

You have the highest paid safety who can’t do a damn thing on defense.

What’s the point?

This team is in shambles when Diggs says, “It’s not my job.”

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Diggs knows what’s up. He’s playing next to a bum who has sucked up a big chunk of the team’s cap space and he’s only gonna get offered crumbs when it’s time for a new contract. I’d be pissed too.

cymatica

Reaction score
Diggs was asked how he would fix the defense. That's probably the best answer he could have given without throwing coaches under the bus

LTH

Reaction score
Mizak":13lsef8r said:
hugecanoli":13lsef8r said:
This team is broken.

Yep... the media was trying to get him to place blame and he wouldn't do it that's what that was all about...

LTH

soxhawk

Reaction score
Everyone from the fans to the players to the pundits know where the problem lies. Only Pete or John can make this right though. Otherwise we tip toe through another lost season with an overwhelmed DC

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I don't think that there's anything necessarily wrong with:

Running a Vanilla Defense. Run to the ball. Let players use their natural athletics to get the 'advantage' instead of schematic approach.

BUT - you have to run to the ball QUICKLY. And you have to communicate and balance off the other guys. Neither of which we're doing.

Too much finger pointing on the field on D when things go bad. Adams from the 49er's game was an embarassment. You don't just point at the dude while he's Fing running by you! Tackle that MF!!!!!!

I'd be pissed if I was Diggs too. Diggs - leverage that and play for your own numbers dude - that's all that matters for you. The rest is a writeoff at this point kinda.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
There's no one on the entire team I feel more sorry for than Diggs.

Dude's balling out game after game, and has to play with a bunch of chickens with their head's cut off that can't cover or tackle.

I'm sure he's thinking he's lucky he didn't get the extension, so he can get the hell out of Seattle next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
He was protecting the team and doing the best Lynch imitation, he thinks its a scheme coaching issue Pete and Ken, players blaming players use the we need to get better at or communicate better.

Thats my take the indirect / direct statement.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rc9yf00 said:
There's no one on the entire team I feel more sorry for than Diggs.

Dude's balling out game after game, and has to play with a bunch of chickens with their head's cut off that can't cover or tackle.

I'm sure he's thinking he's lucky he didn't get the extension, so he can get the hell out of Seattle next year.

We've been agreeing on a few things lately ;)

Geologic

Reaction score
cymatica":1kqc1552 said:
Diggs was asked how he would fix the defense. That's probably the best answer he could have given without throwing coaches under the bus
Bingo.

Quandre Diggs isn't questioning the coaching staff about schemes so he doesn't throw them under the bus. Do you want Diggs to go full Richard Sherman and start to dog pile on the coaching staff?

keasley45

Reaction score
You can actually tell alot from his comments. Diggs is a quiet, cerebral player who was doing and continues to do great things for the defense. He was setting a quietly confident tone on the back end... until Jamal was brought in. He upset the ship in that his way is all freelance, all 'hunch' and less about playing disciplined within the system. I think thatvattitude rubbed off on other players and so now it's a freelancing, undisciplined mess.

You can see Diggs trying to get folks set right and his obvious frustration at failed assignments play after play. But its not changing because the hawks d is walking the 'badass' highlight real walk and failing to play sound defense. They're playing dumb. And he likely feels the coaches aren't clamping doen on it enough because they're now caught trying to manage the emotional balance of a team that has a mercenary safety in Jamal that makes his hay playing Jamal ball ( but it's a high risk play). And young players that are looking up and trying to understand who's running things. Is it Q Diggs? I think it should be. Or Adams - who's a beast of a freelancer, paid out the wazoo, and gets all the pub... but can't play fundamental D.

What about Bobby? I personally think he's been concerned about his unit and is squarely aligned with Norton and likely sees the mess behind him as a product of the team selling out to a big play, big personality player that's not playing the x's and o's

His comments this week are a frustrated carryover from his statements last week about

1. Him believing he's an intelligent player.. that that's his strength.

2. That he took responsibility for D Samuel's TD because he wasn't in the game.

Looking at point 2 - who was in the game? J Adams.
Don't know whether he took himself out or was subbed out. But either way... its a pretty clear indictment of his stable mate. And moreover, the disruption that Jamal has been to a young defense that needs more focus and attention to detail than undisciplined bravado and the hunch plays that Adams typically hits on.

I'm glad we have him but fear he'll bolt after the season.

Pete needs to take control of the defense, make Diggs the captain, make Jamal a LB/S hybrid that sees the field a good bit, but who's role on the backend are assumed by Blair.

Make the base D a big nickel, find a way to keep Neal on the field and see what that does.

Latest posts