Question for Seahawks fans, why do you hate the Niners ?

HoRneR

Reaction score
Ninerg":2zhgqv94 said:
As a true, die hard Niner fan, I just don't understand the degree of hatred that Seahawks fans have for the Niners. I can understand that there's a rivalry now, however its pretty new. I have never known an opposing team fan base to have as much hatred and vitriol as Seahawks fans seem do for the Niners, its crazy.

Seahawks fans hate us way more than Niner fans hate them, its not even close. We're just now realizing how much hatred you have for us. Historically, our most intense rivalry has been with the Rams, we can understand their hatred, our records against each other is like 63-62 with one tie. There was a period when they dominated us and we came back and dominated them. They have won the SB and we have won SB's, so we can understand. The Dallas Cowboys was another rivalry, we used to battle them for NFL supremacy, I can understand the hatred between the two teams and fan bases.

From what I understand, the Seahawks plan on flying a 12th man banner over Candlestick this Sunday. That quiet honestly is unprecedented, no opposing teams fan base has ever done anything like that to the Niners.

I remember when the Seahawks played the Steelers in the SB, I was actually pulling for the Seahawks to win that game and so was other Niner fans I know.

Again, I just don't understand it. It seems Seahawks fans would enjoy winning a regular season games against the Niners more than they would the Superbowl.

The internet has really made team fan bases dislike each other more. Like you I was also rooting for them vs the steelers but that is because I live in Pittsburgh and I didn't wanna hear country and rock songs about their superbowl win on the radio all day lol.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Lol you make it seem so one-sided when it really isn't. It's just a natural rivalry now that both teams are a constant threat to each other. Have you seen the post in the game day threads on the seahawks @ the webzone lol, those things go for 50+ pages.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am old school and wanted the Super Bowl representation to be in the Division and or Conference if we are not there, it shows that in my mind we are the supeior division or conference and that playing that team the next year is a feather in our cap with a win so to speak.

Kinda like being the wingman, you have two choices each have a issue so to speak, but they have paperbags for one and you can turn the lights out or drink heavily for the other to support your buddy.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
chris98251":1urnolpb said:
Lets go way back when we were in the AFC, pre season games. 49ers fans coming on or saying playing the Seahawks is a good tune up game for us to get ready for the season, we need a crushing win or something to that effect to set the tone for the season. It went on thru the glory years every year. Beating Walshs student who taught him everything he knows etc lots of stuff like that.

Been a fan since the beginning so have seen it all. Also stepping into the NFC listening to the 49ers and Rams say that we are not considered anything because we have no history and won nothing. Constant put downs for one reason or another. We took care of the Rams and have been the dominant team in the division since we came back. Yes our first year was the NFC West for those that feel we have no history, The Falcons and Saints and Panthers are gone. The schedule of having the worst teams in the league for many years to pad your win columns are gone, Arizona and ourselves keep the Rams and 49ers honest now. Arizona was once considered to be in the same ilk as the other teams I mentioned but since they have built that new Stadium the ownership has actually decided to feild a respectable team.

So the whipping boys are gone, but the stoires of greatness continue to be uttered by the fanbase, many who never seen the Montana, Lott years let alone the John Brodie and Gene Washington era.

It's about respect, it's about being arrogant and condescending.
I loved John Brodie and Gene Washington. I think my best friends mom needed a shower after watching John Brodie play. Made me realize that MY mom's infatuation with the Jets had more to do with Joe Willie Namath than it did the game of football. Ahh, the days when Seattle didn't have a football team.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I guess I would retort by saying why do the Niners hate the Seahawks? Pot calling the kettle black frankly.

Why do I personally "hate" the Niners? I think most of it lies with the fanbase more than the team. Far too many encounters with fervent Niner fans with the IQ of a pencil who's only answer to any discussion of football prowess inevitably winds up with them muttering something about 5 rings and lots of yelling. That combined with the national presses obvious fascination with them. Guys like Pete Prisco and Trent Dilfer are so on your jock they must have gills to breathe.

But I digress. The Niners are our primary opposition in the NFC West, much as the Bronco's were when we were still in the AFC. Divisional superiority is job one for a team wanting to get to the Superbowl. It is natural to want to beat them, especially for a West Coast team. Winning this division usually means that the East coast teams have to travel to our side of the country to play in the Playoffs and they all seem to hate that time shift as much as we hate going there. That they then have to play in front of a fervent NW crowd, at the loudest stadium on earth, in our weather, is just icing. We are somewhat isolated way up here in the Northwest so folks get particularly territorial when it comes to their sports teams. Its not that we necessarily hate you, we just wish your team nothing but failure now and in the future.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would love for the original poster to respond to the webzone stuff that numerous people have posted and asked about.

Oakhawk

Reaction score
I live in the Bay Area and heard on local radio station KNBR last night a little Christmas-themed limrick made about beating our Seahawks. At first I thought it was funny, but with all the references to adderall and our 12th man, I started to wonder how much time and thought was put into it. I listen to that station on the drive to and from work, and I've NEVER heard something like that made for another team--Rams, Cards, NO ONE.

We have the best fans. Period. I'd say most fan bases would say that, but we have multiple earthquakes, Guiness records and a freakin' flag on Mt. Everest that supports this. Our fan support is based on truly loving the players for their talent, skill, and who they are as people. That last part it so rare, very few teams have that and success like we have.

I just think 9er fans are jealous--and very afraid.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Because the vast majority of your fan base are a bunch of douchebags.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ninerg":1lh1k3tn said:
As a true, die hard Niner fan, I just don't understand the degree of hatred that Seahawks fans have for the Niners. I can understand that there's a rivalry now, however its pretty new. I have never known an opposing team fan base to have as much hatred and vitriol as Seahawks fans seem do for the Niners, its crazy.

Seahawks fans hate us way more than Niner fans hate them, its not even close. We're just now realizing how much hatred you have for us. Historically, our most intense rivalry has been with the Rams, we can understand their hatred, our records against each other is like 63-62 with one tie. There was a period when they dominated us and we came back and dominated them. They have won the SB and we have won SB's, so we can understand. The Dallas Cowboys was another rivalry, we used to battle them for NFL supremacy, I can understand the hatred between the two teams and fan bases.

From what I understand, the Seahawks plan on flying a 12th man banner over Candlestick this Sunday. That quiet honestly is unprecedented, no opposing teams fan base has ever done anything like that to the Niners.

I remember when the Seahawks played the Steelers in the SB, I was actually pulling for the Seahawks to win that game and so was other Niner fans I know.

Again, I just don't understand it. It seems Seahawks fans would enjoy winning a regular season games against the Niners more than they would the Superbowl.

Without being completely dismissive of your post, I have to say that your last comment completely discredits anything before it imo. I'd imagine that you probably post on Niner boards and based on your last comment, feed into the theory that SEA fans only care about beating SF and that we want to be just like SF.

It's called "having a little fun with it" and the definition of that statement is different for everyone. There's a reason that SF fans trot out the old 5 rings comment and that some SEA fans are upset by it. Because the goal, is to win rings and beating SF is just a necessity to get there.

It's equally true that SF fans are hating the fact that the fan base they spent so much time talking down to now has a team that has handed them their hat so to speak, in the two most recent meetings and now leads by a large margin in the division. Sure, they went on to the NFCCG and SB last year but they didn't get the ring and now they are looking up at SEA who is standing directly between them and that coveted sixth ring.

That said, the 5 rings comment has significantly less impact (which Niner fans know) and they're praying like crazy that they can muster a win at home to avoid further embarrassment to a team (and a fan base) that they see/claim to be inferior.

In summary, and to quote countless WZ posters... "no1curr"

Decimation

Reaction score
Why would I hate the niners? We've been kicking their ass recently so I don't have any negative feelings about that team. They're just another team in the way on our journey to the super bowl. If anything it's the other way around.

Unless if you're talking about their fans than yes, they're a rowdy bunch and I can't stand them

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Ninerg":3bi5bztr said:

Have you see some of the posts on 49ers webzone. It would seem like a lot of the fans there HATE the Seahawks with a passion. To the point where I have read several posts about wanting Lynch or RW hurt. As much as all of us dislike CK, I don't think anyone's ever wrote something like I can't wait for CK to get knocked out or something to that nature.

Anyway, my dislike for the Niners. It's a rival team in the division, that's actually good. It also makes things worse when both teams play similarly AND heck the cities themselves are very similar. Fans being fans will make rivalries even worse with the amount of shit that gets thrown both sides on the internet. It also doesn't help the CK publicly portrays himself as a douche and Harbaugh also seems like a baby. But then again it's not like Hawk players don't have bad publicity either. You'll find reasons to dislike a team you've chosen not to like.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I see right through you OP. Not biting.

Cartire

Reaction score
Formal request for a shacking. Feel a rant coming on.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Why hate the Niners?

Its simple, they have respect for no one. Period. No one ever beats them, even when the Niners get jacked. There is always some excuse other than the other team was just better. Items considered a failure by a rival are touted as accomplishments by a good portion of their fans. It took one visit to their board back in 2003, that was enough and nothing has ever changed since then.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
From the thread ebtitled "Are we officially at Super Bowl or bust status now?" which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81410
this from page 1..........

Ninerg":1xnr47ci said:
hawksfansinceday1":1xnr47ci said:
Have to say yes.

You have to win it. If you guys don't win it you will be the same ole Seahawks, a city without a ring.

This is a perfect example of why I hate your team's fans. And you sonny are the poster boy for it. No prob though. I'm ecstatic in the knowledge that we'll have several championships in the next decade and the Whiners will be the Seahawks' bitch throughout that time frame. By then I'll just feel sorry for you guys.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hello 9er fan. All I can add is this.
In regards to the FLAG that WILL BE flown over candlestick this weekend, it's in support of OUR team and has nothing to do with the 49ers or 49er fans. Some but not all see the fact that it bothers some of you as an added bonus however.
SeaHawk players have said, many times that they feed off of the fan support. The 12th man will feed them an "all you can eat" buffet, win loose or draw. And you sir, can take that to the proverbial "bank". Thank you for coming here with a decent post.

Wartooth

Reaction score
The constantly being reminded of those dusty old rings, by flat-bill wearing bandwagon fans that weren't even alive the last time they won a Superb Owl.
Your current coach is a narcissistic, loud mouthed baby who whines about everything.
Your QB acting like a 'Rock Star', while never having become a football star.
The way the media nuzzles this teams nuts, when they are middling at best.
Your team flashed for a couple of seasons, but couldn't finish, and are now declining.
Looks like you, and the rest of the 'fans' that need to be instructed how to cheer...
Will be in the market for a new teams hat next year!

chris98251

Reaction score
Also 49ers established in 1946, took till the 80's to win their first Ring, you would think they came into the league wearing those by listening to the fans. Our wins and division championships and conference playoff appearences from our entrance into the league till now is the Model for all other expansion teams to date. We have been the most successful consistent team from inception till now in the leagues history. Not to say we have not had down years but overall.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2gll6090 said:
Ninerg":2gll6090 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2gll6090 said:
Have to say yes.

You have to win it. If you guys don't win it you will be the same ole Seahawks, a city without a ring.

This is a perfect example of why I hate your team's fans. And you sonny are the poster boy for it. No prob though. I'm ecstatic in the knowledge that we'll have several championships in the next decade and the Whiners will be the Seahawks' bitch throughout that time frame. By then I'll just feel sorry for you guys.

We don't just "have to win it;" the "same ole Seahawks" can also, even if we don't win a ring, significantly and negatively impact your ability to win one. So far, that's what we've contributed to your season, and we hope to continue that trend.

Giblien

Reaction score
I think I hate the niners because their fans are just flat obnoxious. Most of them can't watch their team win or lose with any grace or humility. :49ersmall: