Question for Seattle area sports fans

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't mind watching Soccer at all, but MLS just feels like you're watching WNBA instead of NBA. Or watching CFL instead of NFL. It's just a lesser product, and you know it doesn't include the best soccer players in the world. When I watch a sport, I try to watch the league that has the best players. Which is why I watch NFL, NBA, MLB and when I do watch soccer it will be EPL or World Cup (rare times I do watch).

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3tndpi12 said:
I don't mind watching Soccer at all, but MLS just feels like you're watching WNBA instead of NBA. Or watching CFL instead of NFL. It's just a lesser product, and you know it doesn't include the best soccer players in the world. When I watch a sport, I try to watch the league that has the best players. Which is why I watch NFL, NBA, MLB and when I do watch soccer it will be EPL or World Cup (rare times I do watch).

The EPL isn't the best league though, best marketed yes, most hyped yes but most English teams get destroyed in the Champions League. If anything MLS is the most entertaining to watch as it's more open with the salary cap. Meaning the smaller teams can win it. Plus considering what the standard was 10/15 years ago it's improving year on year and eventually will catch up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":8tjiyunc said:
Seahawks
Husky Football
Mariners
Sounders
Husky Basketball

I'd say this is accurate.

Sounders are VERY popular, but their TV ratings aren't even close to the average M's broadcast. But selling out 35-40K a match is more than the average M's game. Apples and oranges though IMO.

But overall popularity? M's have to be far more popular, based on ratings alone.