Question - Jesse Williams IR

seacat1

Reaction score
HawkWow":1q1zrrc3 said:
LOL. I just checked it out. I think the PRP thing is actually legal in the US, but Rice, Manning Bryant etc are traveling to Europe for Stem cell therapy. True to form, American medicine is "decades behind in this proven technology". Oh good.

I have to agree with you! Anyways I wonder if Stem cell therapy is legal in Australia?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I am guessing that Carroll is confident that Williams will replace Bryant otherwise we would be talking about a pay cut and not an outright release of "Big Red"?? They are both so similar it is scary. I believe Red Bryant also had knee issues when he came into the league. Both big and slow, they are mirror images of each other LOL.

SE174

Reaction score
seacat1":2wd7cn9f said:
I was actually thinking more like what Kobe Bryant did going to Germany for PRP injections for his arthritic knees.
This. Jesse got the Kobe treatment, and hasn't had swelling in either knee for 7 months now. From a reliable source.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1zkh7pub said:
I am guessing that Carroll is confident that Williams will replace Bryant otherwise we would be talking about a pay cut and not an outright release of "Big Red"?? They are both so similar it is scary. I believe Red Bryant also had knee issues when he came into the league. Both big and slow, they are mirror images of each other LOL.

It's unusual for a player of Red's ability to be outright released without being offered a pay cut. If the move is unpopular with the fans, the front office can at least say they tried. Most likely, they asked Big Red to take lesser pay and he refused, so the next course of action would be to pay him full salary or release him.

As to Jesse Williams, I'm excited to hear how he's doing health wise beginning of the season. For a 325lb guy he can really move. If he's healthy and mentally understands his position (he was a bit raw coming out of Alabama) then physically he could handle either the base 3-tech or 5-tech.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Stem cell therapy and healing the knee and all that are one thing, but Jesse Williams has a structural problem in general. He carries probably almost 70-75% of his mass above the waste over top of skinny legs. He needs to lose some weight around the belly and really get those legs strengthened. He'll never be a NT or 1 tech because he's just not built for it and when he plays inside he can't keep his feet and is on the ground a lot. If you want Jesse to succeed you're going to have to go the Red Bryant route.