Question to NonSeahawk Fans about schedules

ctrcat

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1t5a1ds2 said:
ctrcat":1t5a1ds2 said:
Panthers fan here. Since the Panthers usually start slow, starting @jax, Hou, NO, and @TB sounds appetizing. Being 4-0 with a bye week before CLink is possible. After that consecutive home games with Phi and Ind in primetime and then GB provide a tough stretch but at home I like the chances to win 2 of those 3 at least. Finishing @home against TB for the first home finale since 09 provides extra rest before the playoffs. The AFC South and NFC East are on the docket with a cherry on top of the Cowboys/Thanksgiving (although Hardy's first game back). Honestly, less than 11-5 and division champs would be disappointing, but a long way to go before then and that prediction may change for better or worse.

You would think that just making the playoffs would be good enough, considering how they backed into the playoffs last year.

The obstacles overcome last year were too many and vast, not to mention irrelevant, to this thread anyway. But you are right it was ugly for much of last year. Make no mistake just making the playoffs and winning a game was a good year last year. But 12-4 the year before and 13 wins with 14 one score losses the two years prior and there's still zero sane or logical reason to feel there'll be a step back, especially with this schedule and a GM with a clue.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
The schedule could be worse, it is what it is. At this point there are much bigger fish to fry. Like Marv mentioned, quite a few 10am starts, hopefully the team stays east instead of flying to the E coast twice. Looking forward to next season but there's lots of summer still to come before I really start thinking about football season.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":pbqtr5hh said:
ctrcat":pbqtr5hh said:
Panthers fan here. Since the Panthers usually start slow, starting @jax, Hou, NO, and @TB sounds appetizing. Being 4-0 with a bye week before CLink is possible. After that consecutive home games with Phi and Ind in primetime and then GB provide a tough stretch but at home I like the chances to win 2 of those 3 at least. Finishing @home against TB for the first home finale since 09 provides extra rest before the playoffs. The AFC South and NFC East are on the docket with a cherry on top of the Cowboys/Thanksgiving (although Hardy's first game back). Honestly, less than 11-5 and division champs would be disappointing, but a long way to go before then and that prediction may change for better or worse.

You would think that just making the playoffs would be good enough, considering how they backed into the playoffs last year.
Not that I like the Panthers but ctrcat has been a decent opposing fan around here and the drama/injuries they weathered were pretty bad.

ctrcat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":35mgyl4b said:
FlyHawksFly":35mgyl4b said:
ctrcat":35mgyl4b said:

Not that I like the Panthers but ctrcat has been a decent opposing fan around here and the drama/injuries they weathered were pretty bad.

Thanks. I think there is a degree of homer in everyone but I sincerely try to be honest and objective as well.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ctrcat":8k8bmty7 said:
MizzouHawkGal":8k8bmty7 said:
FlyHawksFly":8k8bmty7 said:
ctrcat":8k8bmty7 said:

Thanks. I think there is a degree of homer in everyone but I sincerely try to be honest and objective as well.

Happy to see a Panther fan around here. :D

I went to your game @Saints last year and had serious QB envy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1tdn4ns9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1tdn4ns9 said:
FlyHawksFly":1tdn4ns9 said:
ctrcat":1tdn4ns9 said:

? Not sure how or why that is relevant to what I said? If I were a Panthers fan, I would be happy to make the playoffs. Get hot in the playoffs, and anything can happen. At the same time, as of now, the Panthers have a lot of very very good teams in between them and a SB. Doesn't mean they can't get there, just that their fans shouldn't be disappointed if they don't make a deep run. Unfortunately for all of the teams in the NFC, the NFC as a whole the more dominant conference. We all suffer while we kick the crap out of each other, and the last team standing is usually the healthiest. Not a knock on the Panthers. I am actually an admirer of their team, they mirror Seattle in a lot of ways. Young mobile QB, limited talent at WR, tough defense, young stud MLB. A few years back it looked like the Panthers and the Seahawks were going to be the two top teams, but CAR's defense and run game started to falter, while Seattle's continued to grow. Add to that the repeated matchups due to scheduling the past few years, and we actually have a nice little intraconference rivalry going with Carolina. I hold no ill will towards Ctrcat or his/her team.
Not what I meant at all. I was just highlighting without those unique circumstances Carolina is/was/still a borderline first tier team but a confluence of rare circumstances made it a fact that the only way they made the playoffs was to back in. I wouldn't count on that this year or going forward because Cam Newton isn't Keapernick, he's the real deal.

ctrcat

Reaction score
.[/quote]

Thanks. I think there is a degree of homer in everyone but I sincerely try to be honest and objective as well.[/quote]

Happy to see a Panther fan around here. :D

I went to your game @Saints last year and had serious QB envy.[/quote]

Thanks! He was unreal in that game, looked mostly healthy, and then had the car accident after that. I recall, seriously, having Bradford envy 5 years ago. It's amazing how football and life work. Best wishes.

ctrcat

Reaction score
[/quote]
Not what I meant at all. I was just highlighting without those unique circumstances Carolina is/was/still a borderline first tier team but a confluence of rare circumstances made it a fact that the only way they made the playoffs was to back in. I wouldn't count on that this year or going forward because Cam Newton isn't Keapernick, he's the real deal.[/quote]

This Gal knows that of which she speaks.

RedAlice

Reaction score
@ctrcat. Bradford envy. Two words that probably were never put together again after that time five years ago.

I was in the end zone where the fight went off. Hope he stays healthy for you....good QB.

NINEster

Reaction score
ptisme":36xtgd0m said:
As a Packers fan the schedule is a bit of good news and a bit of bad news.
The good news: Most of our games against the toughest opponents are at home: Seattle (finally), KC, St Louis (yes, they'll be good with that defense), and Dallas. We have Arizona but the whether should be nice there in late December.
More good news: SFO, while away, will be a joke compared to other years...
The Bad News: We have very few cold weather games at Lambeau this year (which is good news for teams that play us:)
Overall a fine schedule with an opportune bye...

SF will be a joke compared to other years?

When was the last time you beat the NY Giants? That joke of a team in 2012 and 2013 still beat the Pack.

And there are teams that bring out the worst in Kaepernick, but yours is not one of them. Maybe you think the time is now but not so sure about that.

Wait till the games are played.

And close out a freaking game with 4 INTs before developing an ego.

ctrcat

Reaction score
RedAlice":2oz7vlok said:
@ctrcat. Bradford envy. Two words that probably were never put together again after that time five years ago.

I was in the end zone where the fight went off. Hope he stays healthy for you....good QB.

Awesome! He needs more weapons and protection. He's been patient, we all have, but next week there need to be some cards turned in to help the man.

chris98251

Reaction score
NINEster":ua29vyzq said:
ptisme":ua29vyzq said:
As a Packers fan the schedule is a bit of good news and a bit of bad news.
The good news: Most of our games against the toughest opponents are at home: Seattle (finally), KC, St Louis (yes, they'll be good with that defense), and Dallas. We have Arizona but the whether should be nice there in late December.
More good news: SFO, while away, will be a joke compared to other years...
The Bad News: We have very few cold weather games at Lambeau this year (which is good news for teams that play us:)
Overall a fine schedule with an opportune bye...

SF will be a joke compared to other years?

When was the last time you beat the NY Giants? That joke of a team in 2012 and 2013 still beat the Pack.

And there are teams that bring out the worst in Kaepernick, but yours is not one of them. Maybe you think the time is now but not so sure about that.

Wait till the games are played.

And close out a freaking game with 4 INTs before developing an ego.

Talk about the schedule in this thread, you wanna talk smack go to the shack. Everyone has an opinion that the 49ers have to prove something this year, even your own fans have said that since there is so much doubt.