Radio Broadcast delay

Rainman

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to somehow delay the radio broadcast so it syncs with the tv broadcast. Sure would like to listen to Raible rather than the tv clowns.

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
How do you even listen to the game on the radio? Never have been able to find it on the internet.

tleise32

Reaction score
get an AM radio, put it in another room or a garage by a cell phone, call that cell phone that is in front of the radio and you can listen to the cell phone call, it will send rable up in space and back down, should give you a 1-2 second delay. If the phone you are using to call the radio phone on has a headphone plug you could do audio out to your reciever. this started out as a joke but it might work?

tleise32

Reaction score
Tempest_Crow":13kmilyo said:
How do you even listen to the game on the radio? Never have been able to find it on the internet.

the stream is banned from the internet airwaves, you need real AM for that

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
I think one thing San Francisco and Seattle fans can agree on is how much Joe Schmuck sucks.

He nearly single-handedly ruined two Giants World Series championship runs for me. I cannot stand to listen to his commentary.

During the MLB playoffs last year, I used radio delay on my home theater PC to sync the audio broadcast to the video (used my clock radio to input a signal to the HTPC). Unfortunately, a lot of games are only broadcast on AM, and the power lines and train overheads near my house generate too much static on the AM band.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
tleise32":3m0cgkbg said:
get an AM radio, put it in another room or a garage by a cell phone, call that cell phone that is in front of the radio and you can listen to the cell phone call, it will send rable up in space and back down, should give you a 1-2 second delay. If the phone you are using to call the radio phone on has a headphone plug you could do audio out to your reciever. this started out as a joke but it might work?

Sorry this wont work. Cell phones in the normal sense use towers to transmit and receive signals. If you have an expensive sattelite phone, this may work...but the delay may not sync up properly. You may have to then delay the video presentation with a video delay line. Audio delay line, video delay line....just a signal delay. One works for the frequency of the audio circuit and one works for the video of the circuit. I dont remember the frequencies at this time, but I do know they are sent on the same line into the house. At least that is how they used to do it. Not too sure about the digital. I may have to take one of the 2 A/D converters I have apart to see what I can see on them. :1: Just in case I did not bore you. LOL
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Kind of funny. The past couple of years, I haven't seen hardly any games on TV. Have been listening on radio (local AM band). Now that I live somewhere with TV access, I find my self missing Steve Raible. Guy's exciting to say the least. :)

Oh, and the problem with the cell phone technique is that the cell phone delay is based on being sync'ed to universal time in one second increments and wouldn't be sync'd to any RT broadcasts. The delay isn't fixed, it is sync'd up to the next one second pulse.

mikeak

Reaction score
I have frequently found games and I think all playoff games on tunein - it is a radio app I have on the iphone.

If you have it you can try the morning game. Tunein pro (was $1.99) has a DVR function. Pretty sure it has a pause function / play from the dvr function while still recording.

you can try it during the first game to see if you get it ironed out

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The home and visiting radio broadcasts are on Sirius. If you have a reasonably recent receiver, you could plug a sirius radio into it and set the appropriate audio delay to sync up. Of course it won't be perfect and if the radio broadcast is behind the TV broadcast it won't work.

- bsd

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
I go to mynorthwest.com and click on the listen to 97.3 Live button http://player.liquidcompass.net/p/KIROFM. I use computer speakers and mute the TV. With the internet delay, the TV only needs to be paused for 6-7 seconds. I can sync it so the when the ref announces penalties there is no delay. It is bliss listening to Raible while watching the game. He just gives so many details that go undetected to the average fan. My friends and family all enjoy it.

Edit: for this method to work, you must be in the Seattle region. Otherwise, NFL rules block the broadcast from mynorthwest.com

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Yeah but TV's (especially Plasma [ESPECIALLY]) create a lot of intereference so positioning can be dificult.

I'm using a portable AM radio, a 1/8" to 1/8" (standard headhpone size) going fromt he headhpone out of the radio to the mic input of my media center computer which is running this freeware audio-delay line. http://www.fountainware.com/Products/Au ... /index.htm
You then connect the output of your computer to the audio in of your receiver.

Note for this to work - the you must not have your cable/DirecTV going to the receiver and then to the TV; rather get the video feed directly to the television from your cable box so you can set your receiver to Video or whatever you plug it into from the computer.

OP
OP
R

Rainman

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback! Looking forward to giving it a go this Sunday.

Seatownbully

Reaction score
If you have a DVR just hit pause for a few seconds and it will be synched with the radio broadcast all game. That's what I do cuz Raible is the best.

Latest posts