Raheem Morris

keasley45

Reaction score
I'm calling it. I think Morris is gonna be the guy. If you read this article:

And hear how Mcvay describes his leadership style, it's similar to Pete. Not in a bad way at all, but in the way he maintains a positive vibe.

From all accounts, his players love him, respect him and play hard, intelligent football under him.

I'm liking what I'm hearing.

sutz

Reaction score
Why is he pushing the guy for jobs on other teams and not trying to extend him?

Just askin'

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score

Just askin'
See above. Two 3rd round picks is nice and beyond that it’s always good to show progression in the ranks.

I’d imagine it’s like in college when you can tout your NFL alumni, helps with recruiting new coaching talent.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Morris will be fired in two years. Why would anyone want to hire a guy who isn’t just under .500 as a HC, but significantly under .500. He is a great DC, not HC. Some guys just aren’t built to be an HC.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
Morris will be fired in two years. Why would anyone want to hire a guy who isn’t just under .500 as a HC, but significantly under .500. He is a great DC, not HC. Some guys just aren’t built to be an HC.
They said the same thing about Carroll

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score

Just askin'

They know he wants to coach and that he turned down the Jax job to come there.

It also seems the Rams and the 9ers also both have strong, supportive cultures. You can't just help develop coaches and have them flourish and then, contrary to their wishes, not support them if they have an opportunity to follow their dreams.

Shanny endorsed Saleh and Ryans.

Pete endorsed Quinn and Bradley and was very vocal about doing whatever he could to get his guys prime jobs when the opportunity presented itself.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Raheem is a very outgoing personality. A leader. But his on-field results are less than stellar. He had a losing record as a HC in Tampa & Atlanta. As a DC, his teams have been average to below average most years.

The Rams would receive draft pick compensation should he get a HC job somewhere.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
He was 33 when he got his first shot. That was 14 years ago. There a ton of growth that likely happened between then and now.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I'm calling it. I think Morris is gonna be the guy. If you read this article:

And hear how Mcvay describes his leadership style, it's similar to Pete. Not in a bad way at all, but in the way he maintains a positive vibe.

From all accounts, his players love him, respect him and play hard, intelligent football under him.

I'm liking what I'm hearing.
I am tired of the "positivity" culture. I want the "accountability" culture. So his positive vibes do not move my needle. Plus, just no thanks.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
I am tired of the "positivity" culture. I want the "accountability" culture. So his positive vibes do not move my needle. Plus, just no thanks.

Positivity and accountability aren't mutually exclusive. They have both in Detroit and its working pretty well.

Why we failed was that the positivity wasn't complimented by firm accountability, and a deman to uphold a standard or ride the pine. Pete didn't enforce that, nor did the coordinators he hired.

It's a misconception that positive culture is soft.

Scout

Reaction score
Morris is more mature now so he could be a better HC but I think that a team rebuilding would take a shot at him. He was able to make a very nice run in 2010 where the Bucs went 10-6 which is eerily similar to this years Bucs team where both squads over achieved. Actually the 2010 Bucs team had less talent than the current 2023 Bucs team overall. So that 2010 Bucs run was even more impressive and they did miss the playoffs despite going 10-6.

But Morris needs a strong OC to be at his side.

James in PA

Reaction score
Hell no to Morris for the comp picks alone. We don't need the Lambs loading up on any more Puka's.

CPHawk

Reaction score
They said the same thing about Carroll
😂. Pete was a .500 coach who had made the playoffs. The two aren’t comparable at all. Morris is an even worse head coach than Dennis Erickson