Raiders at Niners

94Smith

Reaction score
Raiders defense is playing horrible. Blown coverages all over the field

Maulbert

Reaction score
rlkats":1eksid5x said:
Popeyejones":1eksid5x said:
Nice start for Mullens but it's fools gold. Head getting high % easy throws to wide receivers getting schemed open against a horrid defended.

I agree Popeye. 9era fans don’t get over excited.

Even if that's true, do you guarantee Beathard would have done as well? I've gotta believe Mullens has at least played himself into the starting job for now.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
The Raiders defense does not even want to play. Guys are just winging it, completely giving up.

That TD was pretty funny/sad.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Maulbert":1gza9s4d said:
rlkats":1gza9s4d said:
Popeyejones":1gza9s4d said:
Nice start for Mullens but it's fools gold. Head getting high % easy throws to wide receivers getting schemed open against a horrid defended.

Even if that's true, do you guarantee Beathard would have done as well? I've gotta believe Mullens has at least played himself into the starting job for now.

Oh yeah, I think he's secured at minimum another start.

That doesn't make him good though.

One of the niners beat reporters tweeted out that he's got some Shaun Hill in him, and I think that's a pretty brilliant comp.

rlkats

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3588xouf said:
Maulbert":3588xouf said:
rlkats":3588xouf said:
Popeyejones":3588xouf said:

One of the niners beat reporters tweeted out that he's got some Shaun Hill in him, and I think that's a pretty brilliant comp.

I’m in the same opinion as Popeye.

Maulbert

Reaction score
rlkats":hz8v61u0 said:
Popeyejones":hz8v61u0 said:
Maulbert":hz8v61u0 said:
rlkats":hz8v61u0 said:

I’m in the same opinion as Popeye.

I always thought Shaun Hill was better than most people gave him credit for. Definitely one of the better backups in his day.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
Carr got yanked. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
4th and inches for the Raiders and NO PUSH WHATSOEVER ... turnover on downs! There’s that Tom Cable magic at work!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdog1981

Reaction score
7 sacks Tom Cable is the worst. Marsh was 2.5 sacks in one game? We all said to hold off on signing Clark after the Raiders game.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Maulbert":k40fb551 said:
sdog1981":k40fb551 said:
7 sacks Tom Cable is the worst. Marsh was 2.5 sacks in one game? We all said to hold off on signing Clark after the Raiders game.

Seriously, no matter what the Raiders are paying him, he should be arrested for theft.

How can you coach at that level and make players worse? How? I know that I can't be an NFL coach. But I know I would be a better Oline coach than Cable because I would tell the players to just do what you did when the other coach was here and at least they would not get worse.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Remember it's college football coaches that are not teaching them right. It's not his fault!

chris98251

Reaction score
Carr was sacked 22 times all last season and I think he has already been sacked 23 times this season.

Wilson needs to send him some of his miracle water.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Wow. If the Niners could beat the Cardinals they'd be 4-5 right now..

94Smith

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2knjbccu said:

But we didn't and are 2-7. The line between winning and losing is razor thin in this league. Most bad teams aren't getting blown out every game, they are just doing the bad things like turnovers, penalties, giving up more than there fair share of big plays, poor 3rd down conversion rate.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1setnlyd said:

CJ Beathard.

Period. I've said it before, I hate putting it all on one guy, particularly one guy who plays so damn hard and plays so damn tough.

Niners have issues all over the roster so I am hardly saying the Niners are great outside of the QB position. What I am saying though is that CJ, while he will make a great play from time to time, simply takes way too long to process what he sees resulting in holding it too long and throwing late. THAT results in interceptions, fumbles, and contested passes on guys who were wide open. When the Niners are battling (and I've yet so see them give up) and are close despite their obvious flaws), the thing that kills you most is turnovers. Hell they out-gained the Cards in their first matchup almost 2-1. They just had a Minus FIVE turnover margin.

Thats the diff between CJ and Garoppolo and last night that was the diff between CJ and Mullens. It was the Raiders so I am far from being on the Mullens bandwagon so many appear to be jumping on, but last night is what it was supposed to look like.

There is no time for hesitation. See it, let it rip. That's it. If CJ would do that, he wouldn't be the turnover machine he's been. Alex Smith was the exact same way.

94Smith

Reaction score
I'm not saying Mullens is going to be any better than CJ at this point. Yeah he was releasing the ball quickly and without hesitation, but some of those catches were blown WIDE open. The Raiders did not look like they were trying. The reads were quick because they were easy. And, if he stays in, he is not going to face a tough defense until 12-02 against the Seahawks as the next two teams are the Giants and the Bucs. Pump the brakes on Mullens, the Raiders did not seem they were trying.

Marvin49

Reaction score
94Smith":394y9r02 said:
I'm not saying Mullens is going to be any better than CJ at this point. Yeah he was releasing the ball quickly and without hesitation, but some of those catches were blown WIDE open. The Raiders did not look like they were trying. The reads were quick because they were easy. And, if he stays in, he is not going to face a tough defense until 12-02 against the Seahawks as the next two teams are the Giants and the Bucs. Pump the brakes on Mullens, the Raiders did not seem they were trying.

I don't need to pump the brakes on Mullens as I'm not hitting the gas either.

All I'm sayin is that he was decisive last night which has been Beathards achilles heel.

Now get him against another D and maybe all of the sudden he's not as confident and holds the bal the way Beathard does. All I can say right now though is that last night he played the way its designed and NOT playing that way is alot of why Beathard has struggled.