Rams Fan Here...I Come In Peace

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
harryjohnson":3nlwc0s2 said:
For the love of God, it is not Pike's Place or Pikes Place. It is the PIKE PLACE MARKET. Any self respecting Seattle native or import should know that.

Yeah, and don't forget to visit "BOEINGS". :snack:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Seattle to Bainbridge takes 35 minutes each way and you don't need to be early if you are just walking across; it's primarily used for commuting. I don't find downtown Bainbridge very interesting but if you skip a boat to walk around that only adds about an hour.

ramBRO":1p9oc0do said:
One last question: Is UW anywhere near downtown? My 18 y.o. daughter will be traveling with us. She's attending a junior college right now with plans on transferring to a UC school for her junior year. But I've encouraged her to consider out of state schools (in terms of transfer) as well. And since we'll be traveling to Washington...
If the weather is good then the UW campus is one of the nicest campuses on the planet, ranked 3rd in the US here. You'll have a good view of Montlake getting off the light rail and walking north will take you up the main route through campus then through red square and the quad where the blossoms should be starting to fall. You can then return south again on the east side passing the dorms and the engineering buildings. I wouldn't bother if it's drizzly though as the architecture itself isn't that different from the LA schools.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3iqci1sq said:
:yawn:
harryjohnson":3iqci1sq said:
For the love of God, it is not Pike's Place or Pikes Place. It is the PIKE PLACE MARKET. Any self respecting Seattle native or import should know that.

You're right. My mistake.
Sorry everyone

You guys should be commended for showing Ram's fans why we're the passive aggressive capital of the United States.

Well done.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":q4i32xl7 said:
Jerhawk":q4i32xl7 said:
:yawn:
harryjohnson":q4i32xl7 said:

You're right. My mistake.
Sorry everyone

You guys should be commended for showing Ram's fans why we're the passive aggressive capital of the United States.

Well done.

I'm not being passive aggressive. I'm genuinely sorry for mis spelling Pike Place Market.

And that little blue emoji I shared was supposed to look sad, not a yawn...

Whatever.

LoyalRam

Reaction score
@Shaggy , I don't know where to post this and so I'll do it here. The site is so much better, so great job!

Own The West

Reaction score
Having spent time in SoCal myself, I can tell you the transit system in Seattle is very good so don't bother with Uber/Lyft unless you're going somewhere off the beaten path.

Also, the rain isn't as big a deal as it is in SoCal where it really comes down. Here it mists, sprinkles, drizzles, spits and everything else but what you'd think of as rain. Locals don't use umbrellas because they're so seldom needed.

Your normal SoCal Winter clothes will be fine for the game. You can grab a cheap rain poncho the day of if you're afraid of getting wet.

Last thing is to remember: Jesus Christ Made Seattle Under Pressure. Starting at the south end of downtown the streets are named: jefferson, james, cherry, columbia, madison, marion, seneca, spring, union, university, pike and pine. That should keep you from getting lost as you wander around.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well, when you arrive at the airport.. first thing to do is go over to 13 Coins .. right across the street and get a good breakfast or lunch.. and do that right before you leave as well.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Well, when you arrive at the airport.. first thing to do is go over to 13 Coins .. right across the street and get a good breakfast or lunch.. and do that right before you leave as well.
Why are we bumping 14 month old threads?