Rams game may be pushed till Tuesday?

hugecanoli

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1471929995287216130[/tweet]

Oh and here is the Seahawks Uni Combo:

Kn9ERTa

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Whatever helps out the LA team. What an absolute joke. Like KJ Wright said today: Play the game as scheduled or forfeit. Period.

Sounding like our game will be at 4pm PT on Tuesday.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm fine with it.

No team should be forced to forfeit a game due to an outbreak unless a violation of protocols can be found. If it's an outbreak on a team that's doing everything right and not brazenly violating protocols, then I support the leagues decision to push it back, however non-ideal it is.

Global pandemic. There's gonna be some tough shit to swallow.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
They didn't postpone the Green Bay Packers game when Erin Rodgers tested positive for COVID, he just wasn't allowed to play.
IF there are just too many L.A. Rams players that's testing positive for COVID, the League Boss says that everybody will just have to WAIT until my boys are ready to go, cause they ain't forfeit'n nuthin'. :17:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1ah9h8vc said:
They didn't postpone the Green Bay Packers game when Erin Rodgers tested positive for COVID, he just wasn't allowed to play.
IF there are just too many L.A. Rams players that's testing positive for COVID, the League Boss says that everybody will just have to WAIT until my boys are ready to go, cause they ain't forfeit'n nuthin'. :17:

This isn't all about competitive disadvantage. This is about player safety.

The Rams can barely field a team. Every other player is at significantly more risk due to the lack of sufficient backups.

One quarterback being out is a lot different than literally 23 active roster players being barred from playing.

Not even close to the same situations.

If there's something to complain about, it's the fact that Seattle now faces a short week. That's a concern.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Actually, it is. I'm not in to conspiracy stuff at all, but this is pretty damn obvious.
Also, how about all those Hawks fans who bought tickets, flights, hotels, rental cars etc?? You think the league will help them and/or reimburse them? Nope, not at all.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3oq34s3b said:
scutterhawk":3oq34s3b said:

The Rams can barely field a team. Every other player is at significantly more risk due to the lack of sufficient backups.

One quarterback being out is a lot different than literally 23 active roster players being barred from playing.

If there's something to complain about, it's the fact that Seattle now faces a short week. That's a concern.

Yes, after having played on a Monday Night game, it's going to be an EXTENTION of rest & 'GETTING RIGHT' for the Rams, but a 'Who Gives a Crap' about a shortened by 2 days of prep for the Seahawks next game? Oh yeah, that sounds fair.
Wasn't there talk BEFORE the beginning of the season about teams maybe having to "Forfeit" if they couldn't make numbers, come game day?

BamKam

Reaction score
Lol It's always about "player safety" until its your team who is getting screwed. Classic.

The NFL Covid protocols are terrible but it's still fun to watch how people defend them to the death until it screws them over then "its not fair".

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
BamKam":131olm4q said:
Lol It's always about "player safety" until its your team who is getting screwed. Classic.

The NFL Covid protocols are terrible but it's still fun to watch how people defend them to the death until it screws them over then "its not fair".

I'm defending them even as they screw the Seahawks here. I think they've reached the resolution here that best preserves the competitive integrity of the season.

I wouldn't want the Seahawks to be forced to forfeit without having broken any protocols. That would be garbage. The situation isn't ideal, but a forfeit should be avoided at all costs.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20fhoc58 said:
Actually, it is. I'm not in to conspiracy stuff at all, but this is pretty damn obvious.
Also, how about all those Hawks fans who bought tickets, flights, hotels, rental cars etc?? You think the league will help them and/or reimburse them? Nope, not at all.

If you'd like to explain how it's obvious, I'm all ears. Seems to me this is just how the outbreak is being handled. Not like this is the only game being postponed.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Anyone think that if the roles were reversed that the same would happen? I don't. I think the NFL would just say, well, you have 53 on your squad and 16 PS squad guys, so field your team.

BamKam

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":17xyt7b6 said:
Anyone think that if the roles were reversed that the same would happen? I don't. I think the NFL would just say, well, you have 53 on your squad and 16 PS squad guys, so field your team.

Rigggghhhttttttt

3 games got moved but the Seahawks game is the one where if the roles were reversed they would have been forced to play.

Lol

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
BamKam":37kqwx3v said:
SantaClaraHawk":37kqwx3v said:

Rigggghhhttttttt

3 games got moved but the Seahawks game is the one where if the roles were reversed they would have been forced to play.

Lol

Yeah, and all three beneficiaries are considered sexayer by the media: Browns over Raiders. Rams over us. WFT over Philadelphia. But sure, just a coincidence.

And as far as player safety, now we have a short week. How is that safe.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3ltmebs4 said:

If Seattle had 30 players out due to COVID and could barely field a roster?

Yeah, I think the NFL would do the same thing, as evidenced by the other postponed games.

It sucks, but the conspiracy angle just doesn't track.

flv

Reaction score
The NFL policy is that teams should have 48 players available on game day. Regular season games will not be postponed if teams are able to field a minimum of 44 players. The Rams are currently not able to field 44 players. Over the next few days the number of covid19 cases is likely to increase dramatically.

xray

Reaction score
A win is a win, no matter how . :2thumbs:

xray

Reaction score
Such BS...how in hell are we supposed to win-out to get a post season shot ; if we have to play teams at their full strength ? It's not fair !

RedAlice

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1cmacm09 said:
Maelstrom787":1cmacm09 said:
scutterhawk":1cmacm09 said:

Yes, after having played on a Monday Night game, it's going to be an EXTENTION of rest & 'GETTING RIGHT' for the Rams, but a 'Who Gives a Crap' about a shortened by 2 days of prep for the Seahawks next game? Oh yeah, that sounds fair.
Wasn't there talk BEFORE the beginning of the season about teams maybe having to "Forfeit" if they couldn't make numbers, come game day?

BOTH the Seahawks and Rams will have a short week after this. Why are you saying this ONLY affects the Hawks?

Rams then travel on a short week to Minnesota.