Rams give Cooks crazy money

Ramfan128

Reaction score
HansGruber":12x95efi said:
Rams in a Superbowl? I'll believe it when I see it. Every year I hear about how the Niners or Cards were going to be so special. And then the games get played. No difference here. Wake me up when they win a playoff game.

I suppose that's what people say about every team that's been bad for years before turning into a good team

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":okw7jlhu said:
chris98251":okw7jlhu said:
RolandDeschain":okw7jlhu said:
Wouldn't surprise me if this was Dream Team 2.0.

Dream Team was an Olympic Basketball team, they tried calling the Eagles that a few years ago and shut up after they lost early in the season.
Read for context, Chris. This is the NFL Nation forum. 8)

See the thread in the Shack :) we all know context is important but the Dream Team started with that Olympic team and they keep trying to label other teams with that Moniker, There was only one in my mind and it was in a different sport.

Now Buying a Championship, recruiting an all star or pro bowl team if you will I can go with that.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Wade Phillips is a HoF DC. If there's anyone in the league who can get that defense in shape, it's him. Again, it just sounds like a lot of wishcasting and self-convincing because the Rams are better than us. But it's only on paper so it doesn't matter? The whole point of prognosticating is that you don't know what's going to happen, you just try to make an educated, logical guess. I don't see "Rams implosion impending theory" as very plausible.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3qudqo4o said:

This is a popular comment by casual fans right now, surprised someone with your knowledge is latching onto it.

Rams do have many elite and potential problem personalities in their locker room now who have not played together, but honestly the differences between that situation and this one seems pretty vast.

Unless you would like to show me how they are more similar than different?

RedAlice

Reaction score
adeltaY":149yafjq said:
Wade Phillips is a HoF DC. If there's anyone in the league who can get that defense in shape, it's him. Again, it just sounds like a lot of wishcasting and self-convincing because the Rams are better than us. But it's only on paper so it doesn't matter? The whole point of prognosticating is that you don't know what's going to happen, you just try to make an educated, logical guess. I don't see "Rams implosion impending theory" as very plausible.

So well put, adleltaY.

No one knows yet, games have to be played and we have to see how this D can gel. And, it is true that there are now a few unknowns in the Rams locker room.

I’ve personally been impressed with what I’ve seen during the off-season so far. Looking forward to seeing more as camp starts.

Suh, seems quite more serious than I expected. Both off the field and in reports of practice. I dont’t think he will be trying to upstage or disrespect Donald, at all. That may just be the player he needs to play with to bring out the best in him. And, yes Wade as well.

I’ve seen nothing but positive re Peters also. Him and Talib seem to be working together quite well.

I know most other team’s fans are not paying attention to this detail, but I am feeling kinda hopeful that Wade can and will pull the best out of these players together.

But yes, heat of the game and competition and all that is yet to be experienced.

RedAlice

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":11v6cogi said:
Cooks was a " me first" distraction in New Orleans and I predict that he won't last all that long as a Ram.

I predict he will last a long time as a Ram.

I’ve asked many Pats fans why he was let go, and ZERO was because of any locker room issues, play or else. They loved him. It was $.

I will take that over whatever you think happened in NO.

His wife was with him at this signing - a beautiful, looks like a down-to-earth kinda just beauty. I doubt he’s the kind of guy you are making him out to be based on facts I can see.

He’s also been great at practice so far.

RedAlice

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3pm5xzcg said:
Marvin49":3pm5xzcg said:
Yeah...I don't buy that logic on Talib and Suh. There is no question they are good players and I'm not suggesting otherwise....but the Broncos let Talib go for a reason. The Dolphins let Suh go for a reason. Its not because they are bad teams.

This isn't just on the Rams either because the Seahawks let Sherman go for a reason. I'm not pinning this just on the Rams...just sayin I don't know what to make of it all.

Cooks? Yeah...that one is just suspect to me. Its not that I don't think he's good. Its that TWO teams have now traded him away. That's odd.

Don't even get me started on Peters, but the TALENT is undeniable.

I'm not saying it won't work out. Maybe McVay and Phillips are exactly what those guys need...but I just dunno. On paper it looks like the should be the SB favorite, but it don't always work out that way.

Football is the ultimate TEAM sport.

That means every player has to buy in and work with each other, and have each other's back. It also, more than any other sport, requires a level of communication and comradeship among players. Guys like Suh and Peters don't play well with others. Suh is especially notorious for stunting on plays and leaving his linebackers and fellow linemen totally exposed--- allowing running backs to hit the second level unchecked. He's INFAMOUS for blatantly ignoring his defensive coordinator's calls... and doing his own thing to pad his own statistics and make himself look good. In the first 5 games of his Miami career the offensive teams he played against averaged 15 yards per rushing attempt every time Suh was off script, which was about a dozen or more plays per game, and Miami ended up dead last in run defense as a result. Suh essentially has Albert Haynesworth disease... he's not a bad presence in the locker room, but on the field he honestly doesn't give a crap about his teammates.

Suh will not do the right thing to allow another defensive player to make the play, which is something the Rams have been good about doing for Aaron Donald. They've had nothing but selfless players on that line... guys like Long (formerly) and Brockers will dig in and play in a way that helps Donald make the most of his talent. Suh will not do that. He'll say to himself "screw Donald, I'm the MAN here..."

Players are who they are. There's a reason that Detroit and then Miami let him walk.

Talent is no good when you think you know better than your coaches and you don't set your teammates up to succeed.

Do agree talent is no good under those circumstances. I do not believe those circumstances exist with the Rams, but that is why the games are played. Look forward to re visiting this assessment later.

AGREE that it is the ultimate TEAM sport.

As you well know with the Hawks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":n2qurers said:
RolandDeschain":n2qurers said:

This is a popular comment by casual fans right now, surprised someone with your knowledge is latching onto it.

Rams do have many elite and potential problem personalities in their locker room now who have not played together, but honestly the differences between that situation and this one seems pretty vast.

There's a considerable difference between something not surprising me should it come to fruition, and expecting it. I'm not expecting it.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1nxrndrf said:
RedAlice":1nxrndrf said:
RolandDeschain":1nxrndrf said:

There's a considerable difference between something not surprising me should it come to fruition, and expecting it. I'm not expecting it.

Ok, so I see you do not know the difference. I’m good with that.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dok5i0f said:
RedAlice":2dok5i0f said:
I love it when you talk down to me. Do it again.

I don’t take out the whips and chains until the sub is proven worthy.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":2b0bhhqj said:
RolandDeschain":2b0bhhqj said:
RedAlice":2b0bhhqj said:
I love it when you talk down to me. Do it again.

I don’t take out the whips and chains until the sub is proven worthy.

Whips with Roland won't matter much, now a pair of small bolt cutters taken to the spokes on his Bike, there would be torture for him :p

RedAlice

Reaction score
He now lives in my hometown. I think the heat will do more to the spokes of his bike riding than I could do.

My point remains. Call Rams a possible or maybe Dream Team 2.0 with no facts. That’s weak.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":18w4cas6 said:
He now lives in my hometown. I think the heat will do more to the spokes of his bike riding than I could do.

My point remains. Call Rams a possible or maybe Dream Team 2.0 with no facts. That’s weak.

As it stands right now they remond me of what Steinbrenner did with the Yankees for years, many years it worked and others it didn't, get all these stars going forward with momentum and it could be a great thing for the Rams, hit a bump and infighting happens and you could see a big ugly.

The difference is the Yankees had history and a Culture, Rams not so much with all the changes in the last 20 years.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Good input Chris. I know zero on the Yankees.

I do know the current status and culture of the Rams.

However, it’s not you who said this.

IronSaint

Reaction score
RedAlice":32pj79jq said:
onanygivensunday":32pj79jq said:
Cooks was a " me first" distraction in New Orleans and I predict that he won't last all that long as a Ram.

I predict he will last a long time as a Ram.

I’ve asked many Pats fans why he was let go, and ZERO was because of any locker room issues, play or else. They loved him. It was $.

I will take that over whatever you think happened in NO.

His wife was with him at this signing - a beautiful, looks like a down-to-earth kinda just beauty. I doubt he’s the kind of guy you are making him out to be based on facts I can see.

He’s also been great at practice so far.

What we think happened in New Orleans? No, it's what we know happened in New Orleans. You must've skipped over my first reply to Ramfan128 on the first page, here I'll save you the hassle of having to track it down and quote it here for you...

IronSaint":32pj79jq said:
Ramfan128":32pj79jq said:
Doubtful that there will be an implosion. Cooks is a good locker room guy - paying him is a good thing. And if you look at the Rams cap situation they have plenty of it for the next few years.

Because crying about his lack of targets in a blowout win screams "team first" and promotes locker room chemistry, right?

ESPN: Brandin Cooks hints at frustration after getting zero targets Sunday

PFT: Brandin Cooks is growing frustrated with Saints’ offense

Brandin Cooks reportedly growing upset with role in Saints offense

This was after a 49-21 blowout win against, ironically enough, your Rams in 2016. At that point in 2016, he was 3rd in receptions/game and targets/game behind Michael Thomas and Willie Snead IV. Wonder if he'll be all hunky dory as the 3rd option behind the establish rapports Goff has with Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp or if he'll revert to his old ways and throw a temper tantrum like a giant toddler again...

His crybaby, me-first attitude was on full display and well-documented after the trouncing y'all took in the Dome in 2016 and he couldn't handle being shown up and out-produced by a rookie. A rookie that is an actual #1 receiver and not a one-trick-pony.

"onanygivensunday" is a regular poster on SaintsReport so he is more than familiar with Cooks as well. Much more than those Patriots fans who've watched him for literally less than a calendar year.

However, I do find it hilarious that you assume he must be a character guy just because you find his wife attractive. lolwut?