Rams To Los Angeles..?

Jville

Reaction score
The Raiders need their own island!

Needed: One NFL Class Stadium on a large barge to be towed up and down the Pacific Coast for raids on local pocket books. Port of Calls will start with early games in Portland ...... then tug on down to Oakland for mid season ....... then on to LA for the winter season ..... concluding the season with a blow out in Baja Mexico.

sc85sis

Reaction score
USC has control of the Coli now and is looking for ways to get extra $$$$ to do the millions of dollars in improvements they have planned. I could see a possibility of them sub-leasing the Coli out for a year or two while a new stadium is built. Could be a win for everyone.

Maulbert

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":32av2w21 said:
Msfann":32av2w21 said:
Seriously California, you have enough professional sports teams, stop being a pig and let some others have some. :x

Well, of the two teams mentioned one is already in California and the other started there. Also, for some reason, they for the most part tend to put teams where there are lots of people.

The Rams were founded in Cleveland in 1936 as part of the second American Football League (there have been 4 AFLs). They joined the NFL in 1937, and won a championship in Cleveland in 1945 before moving to LA in 1946, becoming the NFL's first west coast team. Consider: the Rams have won as many championships in either Cleveland or St. Louis as they did LA, and in much less time spent there: 9 years in Cleveland, 20 in St. Louis, and 49 in LA.

MB12

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":355d8rtv said:
There was very much a charm offensive with the Raiders in London. The Dolphins were hardly mentioned in comparison. I know the consensus is the Jags are most likely London bound but such was the raider hype it made me think they were testing the waters.
I hope so badly that they don't come here!

Did you go to the Wembley games? I was sitting in the mini 'Black Hole' in Seahawks gear and got abused throughout the game. Then Raiders fans tried to start a fight with a Dolphins fan and stewards had to come in.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
When Kroenke bought that land in LA, this has been on the cards. Nailed on.

Probably why Jeff Fisher went there too.

As for a team in London -- bet it never happens. It can't happen. It would destroy the NFL's reputation.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
FYI, the pronunciation for Missouri is Miz-ur-ee. Miz-ur-a just sounds idiotic but there's many who pronounce it that way.

LA is a premium leverage point for new stadiums. Vikes used it, Raiders did, and I beleive Stan is, too. I say Rams stay in STL because the relocation fee, alone, could build nearly half of the stadium. It'd take take Stan 3 billion, easily, to get the Rams to LA. It would cost him maybe half that to keep them in STL. But who knows...

Subzero717

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3fnmyj5e said:

As for a team in London -- bet it never happens. It can't happen. It would destroy the NFL's reputation.

Im glad to hear that. Please tell the NFL. Its ridiculous. Not to mention what coach or player would want to play there long term?

chris98251

Reaction score
This now has legs, NFL is saying 12 to 24 months for a team in L.A. Rams, Chargers, Raiders, the three top contenders.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-its-12-24-months-away-from-a-return-to-l-a/

If it's two teams then the Raiders and Rams are my picks, Rams owner already has land, one of the other venues or a shared arrangement for the Raiders.

Also if the other Rumor is true that Holmgren will be asked to coach the Raiders in a new stadium with higher revenue it would give the Raiders instant credibility, cash and new life. New Stadium and facilities is a good lure for Holmgren as well.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I doubt it will be the Rams. It will most likely be the Raiders or Chargers so as not to upset Goodell's precious mandate that East coast teams don't have to travel to the West coast more than once a year since it's such a hardship on them.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":988fnjxi said:
theENGLISHseahawk":988fnjxi said:

Im glad to hear that. Please tell the NFL. Its ridiculous. Not to mention what coach or player would want to play there long term?

If it did happen I'm pretty sure that the team would spend minimal time in the UK. It would still suck to play for them though, that is a whole lot of travelling. Even if they did arrange the home games into 2 or 3 game home blocks rather than crossing the pond every week.

I saw a headline about Oakland being willing to move to the NFC West if they moved to Los Angeles, I guess to put the Rams and Chiefs in the same division and having San Diego as the only coastal team. That would be a nice little rivalry right there, not to mention the resultant Bay Area rivalry as well.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Would love if the Rams came back to LA. They still have more years in the books in the greater LA area than anywhere else, so it'd be a natural fit. I'd prefer them over the Raiders. And I'd get to see the Hawks once a year.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The Raiders in the Colosseum would bring tears to my eyes. Just awesome beyond words

Largent80

Reaction score
Rams back in L.A. makes the most sense. Still some baby boomers alive that were Rams fans. I was one since I lived here then, and went to a lot of games.

I was fortunate enough to attend the Hawks vs. Rams in '76 and since I knew I was moving to the NW I adopted them at that moment. regardless of if the Rams move here, I am a Hawk fan until I die.

dbmack

Reaction score
chris98251":2ettocfc said:
Very few remember Hadl and Gabriel as QB's in L.A.
I don't remember Hadl but I do remember Roman Gabriel.

ringless

Reaction score
I dont like the idea of a team in London...

Can you imagine the home field advantage they would have... The amount of time it could take away for teams prepping for that week and the following week. The travel would be ridiculous... The home field advantage would be ridiculous just in that...

I dont like it at all

rlkats

Reaction score
I first became a football and niners fan when the rams were in LA. That would be cool to see the rams go back. It would be a bit nostalgic.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
ringless":476stj7x said:
I dont like the idea of a team in London...

Can you imagine the home field advantage they would have... The amount of time it could take away for teams prepping for that week and the following week. The travel would be ridiculous... The home field advantage would be ridiculous just in that...

I dont like it at all

It's a complete non starter for me, forget the logistics there are no dedicated fans who dont already have an allegiance. You only have to look at Wembley today, there will be jersey's from all 32 teams. Asking people to support a second team full time isnt likely to be very successful. It could get embarrassing.

Latest posts