Rams vs Saints

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
Y’all think they would let this officiating crew officiate the Super bowl in 2 weeks?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3hs5rhkx said:
Uncle Si":3hs5rhkx said:
Cyrus12":3hs5rhkx said:
Anyone else still think steering and fixing doesnt exist in this league?

I dont

I just think the refs are overwhelmed by the pace of thr game.
Refs sucked decades ago too

Why not fix the coin toss then?
I respectfully disagree.
I’ve watched plenty of Highschool and Junior High level football games of late, and at least the games I’ve watched the level of officiating is pretty good.

Now Highschool basketball officiating is downright awful but that’s a different story for a different day.

As for fixing the coin-toss, it’s pretty irrelevant.

My solutions to fix the “officiating problem” have been posted here way too many times. 8)

Ive seen it just as bad at every level.

But thats not the point.

The point is how could anyone invest in the NFL while also believing the results are being predetermined or pushed?
The two reactions contradict themselves.

Im done. Refs sucked. Saints lost. Id be furious about it if i was a saints fan

hawk45

Reaction score
I wasn't going to be that miffed at a Rams win since they played through adversity and the saints did everything they could to avoid winning with their multiple opportunities to put the Rams away.

Went from that mindset to utterly disgusted at the Rams win with that non call.

Usually there is some wiggle room to say a call did or didn't decide the game. That call decided that game and the chance of winning before and after that play should bear it out or the stat is bogus.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2z8mfg1b said:
bigskydoc":2z8mfg1b said:
If they hadn’t left so much time on the clock, the refs couldn’t have steered the result with the non-PI. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Frabz heres your shovel keep digging 36e1ee

I know you struggle with reading comprehension, but basic clock management too?

Make it simple for you. The refs cost the Saints the game because they stole time from them on a non-call, time that wouldn’t have been there if the Saints hadn’t gone for the chunk play. I said it was a bad play call at the time, and it turns out I was right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

James in PA

Reaction score
Sean Payton’s gonna be smashing more than just fire alarms tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHawk28

Reaction score
and the NFL deserves this honestly, with all their other deliberate bs

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

knownone

Reaction score
If we're going to have legalized gambling in this country, then it's time we start regulating the officials like we would any other financial enterprise.

Smellyman

Reaction score
anybody else not really wanting to watch the next game?

3 hours of let down concluding with the *Superbowl

knownone

Reaction score
Smellyman":u8nyy4p8 said:
anybody else not really wanting to watch the next game?

3 hours of let down concluding with the *Superbowl
I'm pretty much content not to watch football for the foreseeable future. Definitely won't be watching the next game or the Superbowl.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Im not sure the no back was the NFL's agenda, but it was as blatant as ive seen. Horrible reffing. Need more replay next year for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Explanation was they arrived at the same time, that in itself is a blatant lie, anyone watching and 75,000 others there seen it differently without replay not to mention helmet to helmet on it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":39n7emcx said:
hoxrox":39n7emcx said:
It's all about money and building a bigger football market in LA. To believe otherwise is naïve.

So... with all of those plays... and a huge 57 yard FG after an interception made by a player on his back..

You think the nfl let the rams win?

The refs didnt let them lose. Lots happened afterwards
If the PI is called when it should have been, the Saints can milk the clock down and kick the game winning FG with 0:00 on the clock, and what you mentioned doesn’t happen.

I was rooting for the Saints, but.....
I have a futures bet on the Rams (and the Hawks, oops) winning the Super Bowl placed in Vegas last May so the non PI call helps my bank account if the Rams win it all.

Fade

Reaction score
If they call PI there. The Saints run nearly all of the clock out and kick a chipshot FG to win the game.

The Rams would've had no time. Game Over. Saints win.

The Refs literally took a 99.5% guaranteed victory away from the Saints. And swung the outcome to a 50/50 game.

It felt cheap as hell, and completely unrewarding as a spectator to watch. I feel cheated, and I am not even a Saints fan.

hawk45

Reaction score
bigskydoc":320tfpsb said:
WestcoastSteve":320tfpsb said:
bigskydoc":320tfpsb said:
If they hadn’t left so much time on the clock, the refs couldn’t have steered the result with the non-PI. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Frabz heres your shovel keep digging 36e1ee

I know you struggle with reading comprehension, but basic clock management too?

Make it simple for you. The refs cost the Saints the game because they stole time from them on a non-call, time that wouldn’t have been there if the Saints hadn’t gone for the chunk play. I said it was a bad play call at the time, and it turns out I was right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I think you have a point it's just that it was a survivable mistake and indeed the saints survived and had the game won.

The non call was the proximate cause of the loss not the point you are highlighting, so circling back to focus on the chunk play is...not being received well :)

hawkpride

Reaction score
The way the refs screwed the call (to help the Rams) is why I never buy tickets anymore to games and do not buy jerseys and the like. I will watch from home on tv (which I pay for anyway), but will never ever put a penny in the coffers of the NOW FIXED LEAGUE (nfl).

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm just appalled by this game. Even the doubters should see this crap. They want that LA market. I fricking HATE this league right now. This is SB XL all over again. So, I guess we're now in direct competition with the XFL, huh? Even Terry Bradshaw was kept from bitching about it. You could see it! Screw this shit!

nutluck

Reaction score
As a Rams fan I am glad they are going to the SB, but I am not happy with that ref'ing we had in this game and it takes a lot of the joy out of them winning. I would have much rather the call been made and things fall how they would and hope the rams still come back and win it, on a few second drive after the Saints scored or a FF or something.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1s7nq00x said:
Uncle Si":1s7nq00x said:
hoxrox":1s7nq00x said:
It's all about money and building a bigger football market in LA. To believe otherwise is naïve.

So... with all of those plays... and a huge 57 yard FG after an interception made by a player on his back..

You think the nfl let the rams win?

The refs didnt let them lose. Lots happened afterwards
If the PI is called when it should have been, the Saints can milk the clock down and kick the game winning FG with 0:00 on the clock, and what you mentioned doesn’t happen.

I was rooting for the Saints, but.....
I have a futures bet on the Rams (and the Hawks, oops) winning the Super Bowl placed in Vegas last May so the non PI call helps my bank account if the Rams win it all.

So you fixed the game!!!
I completely understand how bad the call was and what it meant.

The day i think the refs or the league is dictating outcomes is the day i stop watching.

Cant do both really

BlueThunder

Reaction score
nutluck":1hwhqllk said:
As a Rams fan I am glad they are going to the SB, but I am not happy with that ref'ing we had in this game and it takes a lot of the joy out of them winning. I would have much rather the call been made and things fall how they would and hope the rams still come back and win it, on a few second drive after the Saints scored or a FF or something.

Kudos to you man... That's pretty cool of you to say, and recognize it.

chris98251

Reaction score
nutluck":16m0jyww said:

Hats off for coming forward with that sentiment. Most of us probably would feel the same way, I understand your happy your in but it feels dirty somehow I imagine as well.

Latest posts