Rams vs Saints

vonstout

Reaction score
I am done with the NFL. Brings back memories of our SB “loss” to Pitt. :pukeface:

Fade

Reaction score
nutluck":2uzxpxxp said:
As a Rams fan I am glad they are going to the SB, but I am not happy with that ref'ing we had in this game and it takes a lot of the joy out of them winning. I would have much rather the call been made and things fall how they would and hope the rams still come back and win it, on a few second drive after the Saints scored or a FF or something.

The Rams would not have comeback as they wouldn't have had the time. There would have been about :04 seconds left with the Saints leading 23-30, and kicking off.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Waa waa, Aints got away with PIs, holds, horse collars all game long. The whole prior to the game was all about the possibility of Brees going out with a SB win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":13v9fg9i said:
pmedic920":13v9fg9i said:
I’m throughly disgusted, and I would be better f that non call had happened to any team.

No way should a team lose The NFCCG based on such an obvious blown call.

The NFL has to suspend or fire those refs and look at adding PI to reviewable plays
I agree. The part of adding “obvious PI” to the reviewable calls I like a lot.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3vdsyqnx said:
Sports Hernia":3vdsyqnx said:
Uncle Si":3vdsyqnx said:
hoxrox":3vdsyqnx said:
It's all about money and building a bigger football market in LA. To believe otherwise is naïve.

So... with all of those plays... and a huge 57 yard FG after an interception made by a player on his back..

You think the nfl let the rams win?

The refs didnt let them lose. Lots happened afterwards
If the PI is called when it should have been, the Saints can milk the clock down and kick the game winning FG with 0:00 on the clock, and what you mentioned doesn’t happen.

I was rooting for the Saints, but.....
I have a futures bet on the Rams (and the Hawks, oops) winning the Super Bowl placed in Vegas last May so the non PI call helps my bank account if the Rams win it all.

So you fixed the game!!!
I completely understand how bad the call was and what it meant.

The day i think the refs or the league is dictating outcomes is the day i stop watching.

Cant do both really
8)

I see the POV you are coming from and respect that.
Like I said it’s getting harder and harder for me to watch the NFL product.

rcaido

Reaction score
Im hoping another ref controversy happens in the Pats & Chiefs games....

3bTbTiI

hawk45

Reaction score
nutluck":1mbjwarz said:
As a Rams fan I am glad they are going to the SB, but I am not happy with that ref'ing we had in this game and it takes a lot of the joy out of them winning. I would have much rather the call been made and things fall how they would and hope the rams still come back and win it, on a few second drive after the Saints scored or a FF or something.

Yeah it isn't ideal for self aware Rams fans to now feel like this run is tainted and hear about it nonstop for 2 weeks.

They're better off than saints fans but it isn't great for either fan base IMO.

nutluck

Reaction score
Fade":gh2q78ad said:
nutluck":gh2q78ad said:

The Rams would not have comeback as they wouldn't have had the time. There would have been about :04 seconds left with the Saints leading 23-30, and kicking off.

They likely would have lost I agree but they could have got a FF and recovery on a run play. Or a hail mary catch at the end of the game. Like I said I wanted the Rams to win, but would rather the call been made like it should have and the Rams pull off a miracle somehow and won or lose. This is a meh win because of that call.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":33n2bc0b said:
Uncle Si":33n2bc0b said:
Sports Hernia":33n2bc0b said:
Uncle Si":33n2bc0b said:
So... with all of those plays... and a huge 57 yard FG after an interception made by a player on his back..

You think the nfl let the rams win?

The refs didnt let them lose. Lots happened afterwards
If the PI is called when it should have been, the Saints can milk the clock down and kick the game winning FG with 0:00 on the clock, and what you mentioned doesn’t happen.

I was rooting for the Saints, but.....
I have a futures bet on the Rams (and the Hawks, oops) winning the Super Bowl placed in Vegas last May so the non PI call helps my bank account if the Rams win it all.

So you fixed the game!!!
I completely understand how bad the call was and what it meant.

The day i think the refs or the league is dictating outcomes is the day i stop watching.

Cant do both really
8)

I see the POV you are coming from and respect that.
Like I said it’s getting harder and harder for me to watch the NFL product.

Me too... for a lot reasons.

This seahawks season kinda sucked me back in

nutluck

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":3ttf1c24 said:
Congratulations to the Rams, they deserve it.

Not really not the way we won. I would much rather the right call be made and the Rams lost, but obviously I would rather the right call be made and then the Rams force a fumble on the next play and still win though.

Chapow

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":1i5jx8bz said:

This is extremely gracious of you given the circumstances, but I have to agree with the Rams fan.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
nutluck":a8itz0eh said:
BlackandGolden":a8itz0eh said:

Not really not the way we won. I would much rather the right call be made and the Rams lost, but obviously I would rather the right call be made and then the Rams force a fumble on the next play and still win though.

If we allow ourselves to lose on controversy, then maybe we aren’t as good of a team as I thought.

Rams were better, we were not. Fantastic season.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
Chapow":22wvjvwi said:
BlackandGolden":22wvjvwi said:

This is extremely gracious of you given the circumstances, but I have to agree with the Rams fan.

And I agree with you both. :2thumbs:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":1k67vavb said:
nutluck":1k67vavb said:
BlackandGolden":1k67vavb said:

If we allow ourselves to lose on controversy, then maybe we aren’t as good of a team as I thought.

Have to disagree. Football can come down to the last few plays especially in the playoffs. If the call is made Brees goes to the super bowl one last time. The refs and the NFL took that last ever chance away from him and your team.

JRobinson

Reaction score
Fade":34ro41zs said:
If they call PI there. The Saints run nearly all of the clock out and kick a chipshot FG to win the game.

The Rams would've had no time. Game Over. Saints win.

The Refs literally took a 99.5% guaranteed victory away from the Saints. And swung the outcome to a 50/50 game.

It felt cheap as hell, and completely unrewarding as a spectator to watch. I feel cheated, and I am not even a Saints fan.

Stop speculating...

Sure it was a PI, but my boys came from 13 points down and won. Don't get it twisted, the officials again MISSED THE PI, but they also missed two facemask penalties for us and added a tricky tack PI on us late in the game. Saints had their chances... as did the Rams. Rams D played well and got the job done. Period. SB Bound.

JRobinson

Reaction score
hawk45":29k2huz4 said:
nutluck":29k2huz4 said:

Yeah it isn't ideal for self aware Rams fans to now feel like this run is tainted and hear about it nonstop for 2 weeks.

They're better off than saints fans but it isn't great for either fan base IMO.

Are you kidding me?

Do you think we care if we "hear it" from all they naysayers and outsiders? Do you think the Patriots cared about "Deflate Gate"?

We played a hard fought game and battled back to beat them..

I don't give a flying crap about one call when there were multiple calls missed and others called that weren't there. Its easy to speculate that the Saints would have won if 'this happened' or 'that happened'. What if they wouldn't have thrown the ball on first down for an incomplete pass? What if Woods wouldn't have slipped on the turf just before OT?

We won.

hawk45

Reaction score
JRobinson":37pc3cpu said:
Unless you wear a striped shirt no, you didn't, neither did your team.

CBS broadcast team pilloried the refs and flat out said the Rams don't deserve to go to the championship. Get used to hearing it.

The Rams showed pluck but the game was over if that call is made. Over.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2930x7dk said:
BlackandGolden":2930x7dk said:
nutluck":2930x7dk said:
BlackandGolden":2930x7dk said:

Have to disagree. Football can come down to the last few plays especially in the playoffs. If the call is made Brees goes to the super bowl one last time. The refs and the NFL took that last ever chance away from him and your team.

Yes you are right, it often times do come down to one play. Brees would likely have a fist full of rings if Beastmode, Vernon Davis, or Stefon Diggs were tackled.