Ramsey on DK I was brought here to stop guys like him

balakoth

Reaction score
The counter is for Russ to actually look DKs friggen way... unlike the multiple times he was open deep and RW just didn't throw it to him

Scorpion05

Reaction score
PNW":3ovxi2zi said:
JPatera76":3ovxi2zi said:
As long as Russell doesn’t ignore him 99% of the time. If the Jets and Darnold can take shots at Jalen Russ damn well better.

Last time we face the rams his basically ignored DK, which wasn’t ideal whatsoever
This ^^^
DK was wide open multiple times and Russ wouldn’t even look his way. It’s up to Russ if DK even gets a chance against Ramsey.

DK was not "Wide Open" throughtout the game lol. That is not at all what the film said. Ramsey was on him like a blanket 90% of the time. And you can't expect a QB to spot the 10% of times you're open, the rhythm of the game matters. And against Aaron Donald, Russ HAS TO get the ball out quicker on certain snaps. He can't waste too many reads on DK if he's not winning that competition against Ramsey snap after snap.

Ramsey has also given Hopkins problems. What happened against the Jets, was Adam Gase scheming routes to beat Ramsey. That's what great coaches do. They put their players in good positions and they give their QBs safe throws.

The last time Russ truly tested Ramsey was with Angry Doug in Jacksonville. And that didn't go very well. Metcalf is not a fluid, polished enough route runner to consistently beat Ramsey yet and it's time we acknowledge that. Baldwin probably could win a few times against Ramsey

JPatera76

Reaction score
Scorpion05":zh6oltuo said:
PNW":zh6oltuo said:
JPatera76":zh6oltuo said:
As long as Russell doesn’t ignore him 99% of the time. If the Jets and Darnold can take shots at Jalen Russ damn well better.

Last time we face the rams his basically ignored DK, which wasn’t ideal whatsoever
This ^^^
DK was wide open multiple times and Russ wouldn’t even look his way. It’s up to Russ if DK even gets a chance against Ramsey.

DK was not "Wide Open" throughtout the game lol. That is not at all what the film said. Ramsey was on him like a blanket 90% of the time. And you can't expect a QB to spot the 10% of times you're open, the rhythm of the game matters. And against Aaron Donald, Russ HAS TO get the ball out quicker on certain snaps. He can't waste too many reads on DK if he's not winning that competition against Ramsey snap after snap.

Ramsey has also given Hopkins problems. What happened against the Jets, was Adam Gase scheming routes to beat Ramsey. That's what great coaches do. They put their players in good positions and they give their QBs safe throws.

The last time Russ truly tested Ramsey was with Angry Doug in Jacksonville. And that didn't go very well. Metcalf is not a fluid, polished enough route runner to consistently beat Ramsey yet and it's time we acknowledge that. Baldwin probably could win a few times against Ramsey
I disagree, Ramsey IMO did not have a stellar game against DK regardless of what people say. Dk has what 4 targets? And Caught 2 of them for a 50% catch rate and I believe another was a bad pass by Russell..

Russell needs to trust DK that he can play his game as he sees fit to as the WR. DK is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. And last time we played the Ram, he was open quite a bit, he was even calling for balls to come his way, and was getting upset because you could see he has Ramsey beat. Russell, gets in a shell and plays it safe, way to safe some times and some games, when in reality he needs to be more aggressive. Get that ball to DK trust your receiver when he’s calling for it. I’ve rewatched that game a few times, and DK was definitely open multiple times, Russ literally ignored him.

Balance run and Pass game
Short QUICK passes
Read option/Play action Pass
Misdirection

If they can get those done, they can win this.

PNW

Reaction score
Scorpion05":yzlz0wof said:
PNW":yzlz0wof said:
JPatera76":yzlz0wof said:

This ^^^

Multiple can be between two more more. Way to put words in my mouth, I said he was wide open multiple times not “wide open throughout the game.” It’s a fact Russ didn’t even look DK’s way throughout the game. Almost like he was scared of Jalen.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I see a brilliant running game that opens up the passing game. Something we didn't have in the first matchup. Some think the Rams are gonna bounce back from the Jets loss but I ain't buying it. We. Will. Be. Ready.

#NFCWestChampions2020

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3t1nribc said:
Problem from our point of view is more often than not Ramsey has walked the walk.

Um, what?

He has kicked ass for Rams.

One of the most beautiful moments of the season is him and AD running in a Rookies Pick 6.

Make fun as you must, but Ramsey is the real deal.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":je0q3557 said:
Please baby Jesus don't let us be "surprised" when the Rams D line gets constant pressure.....
Please baby Jesus don't let us be "surprised" when the Rams D line gets constant pressure.....

Outside of a mantra you say, why the F would your team do that?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Aros":jjv5vi4r said:
I see a brilliant running game that opens up the passing game. Something we didn't have in the first matchup. Some think the Rams are gonna bounce back from the Jets loss but I ain't buying it. We. Will. Be. Ready.

#NFCWestChampions2020

Being READY is a known.

Are you banking your opinion on how Rams play on the Jets game?

RedAlice

Reaction score
had2bhawk":6eyhk20u said:
Appyhawk":6eyhk20u said:
If DK can beat Ramsey one out of four targets...we win.

I think this is the game plan.
The O line isn't 100% because of lingering ailments and containing Donald is going to be a challenge. Hopefully there will be more completions underneath and Ramsey will be getting alot of exercise following Metcalf decoy.
I see another stressful game through the first half but Metcalf will show his talent in late 3rd and 4th quarter for lock down win.
Schotty, please call it well!

I have wasted a lot of time and energy personally believing in Schotty.

Heart and soul.

Exciting days: Brian Schottenheimer to Become St. Louis Rams Offensive Coordinator

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RedAlice":18ixwvjn said:
Aros":18ixwvjn said:

#NFCWestChampions2020

Being READY is a known.

Are you banking your opinion on how Rams play on the Jets game?

Dude, reading your last few posts, I don't know if you are drinking too much or not enough.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RedAlice":1wn4al12 said:
HawkRiderFan":1wn4al12 said:
Problem from our point of view is more often than not Ramsey has walked the walk.

Um, what?

One of the most beautiful moments of the season is him and AD running in a Rookies Pick 6.

Read that again, Alice.

"Our problem is that Ramsey is good."

"What? No way! You're wrong! Ramsey is good!"

W

Welshers

RedAlice":2j49ko2a said:
HawkRiderFan":2j49ko2a said:

Um, what?

Sounds like you have been drinking A LOT. But anyway you got a youtube link to the play you are talking about? I am unsure what you are referring to with him and Donald running in a pick six

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I think DK will go off.

If Ramsey and DK are both top players (I think they are), and they play twice a year, and one had a horrific game - law of averages - he can torch Ramsey for 150 yards and they'd still both be considered elite. So I'm expecting it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If Seattle traded for Ramsey and was still able to get Adams and Dunlap, Seattle would be Super Bowl favorites, IMO.

You have a true shutdown corner in Ramsey that can take single coverage on any receiver in the league.

That’s exactly what Carroll’s defensive scheme calls for.

And Ramsey has the attitude Carroll wants and knows this team needs.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I don't mind that at all. Ramsey backs up his talk big time.

The next level of DK's upwards trajectory is to win this matchup from time to time. He got Gilmore and Slay this year, but Ramsey is different.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
RedAlice":3cnyvtbi said:
HawkRiderFan":3cnyvtbi said:

Um, what?

Based on you completely having no idea what I said, I’m the one who should be saying um what? I complement Ramsey and this is your response?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":1mpldt2j said:
HawkRiderFan":1mpldt2j said:

Um, what?

I think you misread what HawkRiderFan said. He's giving Ramsey credit. Read it again. ;)

RedAlice":1mpldt2j said:
Because every freaking time we play the Rams, we don't scheme our blocking to expect your D-line to constantly disrupt us, and then they do exactly that, and it drives me BAT$HIT CRAZY. We should be starting off with extra blockers consistently, and running plays that are designed to beat instant pressure, and having Russell bootleg a lot more than usual. But nooooooooo, we try to force what we want to do down the Rams defense's throat even though we don't have an O-line that can handle your D-line. It's beyond frustrating to watch.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It will be a good matchup between DK and JR and DK will win a few more times than last time. So it comes down to whether Russell throws him the ball and if so, who makes the play, DK or JR.

Guaranteed Russell and DK have been through last game's film together and have talked this over at length and come in with a plan to get DK the ball.

The variable is whether Russell will have enough time to even look DK's way with Aaron Donald in his face every play. The Rams DL and LBs sacked Russell a LOT and hit him HARD multiple times last game IIRC. Russell looked dazed, confused, and flat beaten up, missing his lunch money.

This is what big-time players live for. DK and Russell, it's time to show your stuff with the division on the line. Ethan Pocic, Damien Lewis, Jordan Simmons, Duane Brown, Brandon Shell, Cedric O, can you give Russell an extra beat of protection time to make that throw?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1xegh2sn said:
RedAlice":1xegh2sn said:
HawkRiderFan":1xegh2sn said:

Um, what?

I think you misread what HawkRiderFan said. He's giving Ramsey credit. Read it again. ;)

RedAlice":1xegh2sn said:
Because every freaking time we play the Rams, we don't scheme our blocking to expect your D-line to constantly disrupt us, and then they do exactly that, and it drives me BAT$HIT CRAZY. We should be starting off with extra blockers consistently, and running plays that are designed to beat instant pressure, and having Russell bootleg a lot more than usual. But nooooooooo, we try to force what we want to do down the Rams defense's throat even though we don't have an O-line that can handle your D-line. It's beyond frustrating to watch.

I knew what you were saying. Not sure why it is hard to figure out. I to hope our oline and blockers get it figured out fast. I mean we only play them two times a year every year, but somehow we have been unable to figure this problem out.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I must have missed something early during the game yesterday. I saw DK do better than 1/4 and was keeping track of the play by play. Can't remember seeing Ramsey's name as the defending playmaker at all. Did he get hurt, or was he just a no show?