Random Thoughts™ on the Rams game

morgulon1

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1wej1mgi said:
morgulon1":1wej1mgi said:
Going to some of the Ram boards I don't understand the hate towards Carroll and our Seahawks. I don't have the same feelings towards St Louis. They really hate us. Oh well.

Yep, I don't get it either. I guess having a team do a complete rebuild while going 7-9, 7-9 is pretty painful to a team that's been in rebuild for a decade. We'd probably feel the same way about them if the tables were turned (thankfully it's not).

morgulon1":1wej1mgi said:
Oh yeah, Thanks Kearly. I enjoy your work and it's appreciated.

I agree with this as well. Thanks Kearly!

Do you remember when Holmgren was in the process of turning the Seahawks around in the eraly 2000's? IIRC the Rams were still pretty good and I personally felt like they were the team to beat and I felt a little more animosity towards them .Losing the game at Qwest after leading for most of the game hurt and then Issac Bruce doing the whole "helmet on the field " stunt kind of solidified my feelings.

But then a funny thing happened, we got better and they got worse. In fact we wouldn't lose another game to them for like...8 or 9 seasons? I feel like we might be having some pretty good games with them for the forseeable future. Yet I still dont hate their guts like the 9ers. I think its the coaches of the two teams.

candyman4881

Reaction score
One point of clarification- the Rams have one top 5 player (Chris Long) on the defensive line. Robert Quinn was drafted at #14 in 2011 and Michael Brockers was drafted #14 in 2012. Kendall Langford, our Left DT was drafted in the 3rd round in 2008 by the Dolphins. This is the only 1st round picks on the defensive side of the ball the Rams have.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
candyman4881":1qy3uez4 said:
One point of clarification- the Rams have one top 5 player (Chris Long) on the defensive line. Robert Quinn was drafted at #14 in 2011 and Michael Brockers was drafted #14 in 2012. Kendall Langford, our Left DT was drafted in the 3rd round in 2008 by the Dolphins. This is the only 1st round picks on the defensive side of the ball the Rams have.
What's your point?

Seattle starting defensive unit (bolded are the homegrown):

Chris Clemons- UDFA (Redskins)
Alan Branch- 2nd round (Cardinals)
Brandon Mebane- 3rd round
Red Bryant- 4th round
Leroy Hill- 3rd round
Bobby Wagner- 2nd round
KJ Wright- 4th round
Richard Sherman- 5th round
Brandon Browner- UDFA via CFL
Kam Chancellor- 5th round
Earl Thomas- 1st round

One first round pick, a mid first rounder at that, in the entire starting defense for the Seahawks. The #1 scoring defense in the league.

candyman4881

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":3e9hvsye said:
candyman4881":3e9hvsye said:
What's your point?

Seattle starting defensive unit (bolded are the homegrown):

Chris Clemons- UDFA (Redskins)
Alan Branch- 2nd round (Cardinals)
Brandon Mebane- 3rd round
Red Bryant- 4th round
Leroy Hill- 3rd round
Bobby Wagner- 2nd round
KJ Wright- 4th round
Richard Sherman- 5th round
Brandon Browner- UDFA via CFL
Kam Chancellor- 5th round
Earl Thomas- 1st round

One first round pick, a mid first rounder at that, in the entire starting defense for the Seahawks. The #1 scoring defense in the league.

No real point being made - just clarifying misinformation earlier in the thread that the Rams have multiple top 5 draft picks on the D Line - that is all

Latest posts