Ravens put NON-EXCLUSIVE tag on Lamar

themunn

Reaction score

I don't think anybody thought "what a get" for Wilson. I think most people thought "what a get" for John Schneider (although also "they have no QB now so they will suck", which they were wrong about at least)

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Players must be signed to an offer sheet by the acquiring team. If the original team declines to match the offer the acquiring team is required to give up the compensation as set out in the CBA. For picks in a specified round the acquiring team must give up its own pick in that round or a higher pick in the first upcoming NFL Draft. As I understand it in the case of multiple picks for the same round the team must give up its own pick or higher picks in that round in each of the 2 following NFL Drafts. It doesn't need to have its own pick and a better pick in the upcoming Draft. Thus - if the Rams wanted to sign Jackson to an offer sheet they would need to own any of the top 6 overall picks in the 2023 NFL Draft and their own pick in the 2024 NFL Draft before they could make Jackson an offer. The Rams could not trade up from #36 to #31 and use that pick.

2020 CBA Article 9 Section 3 Paragraph C:
"Any Club that does not have available, in the upcoming Draft, the selection choice or choices (its own or better choices in the applicable rounds) needed to provide Draft Choice Compensation in the event of a timely First Refusal Exercise Notice may not sign an Offer Sheet in such circumstances."

I'd like to thank you for going and looking up the relevant part of the CBA. The news stories didn't make a lot of things clear.

...and it's Favre damn it!

I have dealt with references to "Farve" by saying...

This is Favre:
77323832 original

and this is Farva:
VP8GCcw1N1nsGNb3jCfaPW0kQYa   jriV3ftnd9EusqpCAU

I was also known for putting up these images occasionally on the Seahawks-fan site with the silly name:
03bevell 1 superJumbo1678365167877

James in PA

Reaction score
I don't think anybody thought "what a get" for Wilson. I think most people thought "what a get" for John Schneider (although also "they have no QB now so they will suck", which they were wrong about at least)
IIRC, there were plenty of pundits who at the time said Denver "won" the trade and how Seattle didn't get enough for a franchise QB still in his early 30's. I personally was ecstatic, but I know there were many who felt otherwise. Denver fans were acting like they just landed the final piece of the puzzle.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

At the time, the media were presenting it as a fleecing of the Seahawks by the Broncos, and most NFL fans appeared to think of it that way. At the time, I thought the Seahawks didn't get enough for Wilson (and I got angry about him having used his no-trade clause to prevent the Seahawks from accepting what looked at the time like a better offer from Washington) because I didn't imagine the Broncos would be the fifth-worst team in the league in 2022. And I think most people didn't. I thought the Broncos were headed to the playoffs, possibly as one of three playoff teams from their division, tho' I'm proud to say I didn't buy into the hype about the Raiders.

There were good reasons the Broncos thought they were "just a quarterback away" from contending for titles, and many fans and sports journalists agreed with them. Their defense was solid, their OL had noticeably better numbers than the Seahawks', and they had a bunch of "weapons." Further, the cap hits for the Broncos from their first two years of Wilson were relatively low, thanks to the Seahawks having to eat a lot of dead money in the trade. Fade made posts here talking about how the Broncos were an organization being run really well, while the Seahawks were being run really badly. Of course, he also argued that Wilson was a better investment than Patrick Mahomes, and at much better cap hits :rolleyes:. The Broncos may indeed have been "just a QB away." It's a shame for the Broncos (and hilarious for me, because I still have loathing in my heart for both the Broncos and the Raiders from the Seahawks' days in the AFC West) they got Russell Wilson at age 34 (and without Pete Carroll, who had managed to minimize the damage done by Wilson's on-the-field weak points through Wilson's career to that point) instead of a good QB.

At the time of the trade, there was near-consensus that the Broncos had gotten the best of it. And almost everyone thought the Broncos had made a good move by getting Wilson. It was only after the MNF season opener that people started to wonder, jokingly at first, whether the Seahawks had "won" the trade.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Didn't the redskins offer 3 1st round picks.

JPatera76

Reaction score
well he sat out the playoffs, demanded the most absurd contract in history, hasn’t stayed healthy a single year since 2018, and hasn’t demonstrated any ability to get his team deep into the playoffs.

This isn’t complicated lol I feel players who are “clueless” are just once again all ignoring these facts and choosing to “speak up” for a bro than acknowledge Lamar’s stunts.

themunn

Reaction score
Didn't the redskins offer 3 1st round picks.

Sure, but Broncos gave us two 1sts, two 2nds, a 5th, Noah Fant, Shelby Harris & Drew Lock, while they got Russell Wilson.

Considering the Redskins would have been offering up 2022, 23 and 24 1st round picks, ask yourself the question, would you trade Fant, Harris, Lock (I know he's no longer under contract), a 2023 2nd round pick, and a 2024 2nd round pick this year to get a 2025 first round pick and 2023 fifth round pick?

Because that's effectively the difference in the Redskins & Broncos trade offer.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lamar is not w/out fault in this. Dude didn't even go to be with his teammates at the playoff game. What a "leader" he is. He made it about him, and pouted like a 5 year old. And he doubles down with tweets that make very little sense.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Everyone by now should be aware you don’t need to win a lot of playoff games or Super Bowl(s) to get paid alotta money!

QBs will get paid a helluva a lot of money!

How many playoffs wins does Deshaun Watson have?

More women hate Watson than he has playoff wins!

And he gets paaaaaaaaaaiiiid!

Jackson, by all accounts is a better person than Watson and can be argued that he is a better QB than Watson but Jackson did himself a huuuuuge disservice by not hiring an agent.

Man, he could have gotten paid ALOT by now if he just hired a competent QB agent.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Lamar is not w/out fault in this. Dude didn't even go to be with his teammates at the playoff game. What a "leader" he is. He made it about him, and pouted like a 5 year old. And he doubles down with tweets that make very little sense.
The issue with Lamar not joining the team has been a subject of discussion among the Ravens fan base a few comments have been made about the Ravens either not allowing or prefer injured players from traveling with the team. I know if I was Lamar I would want to be there. It has been talked about that some other NFL teams felt Lamar quit on his teammates