Rawls not guaranteed the job.

Jville

Reaction score
With regards to Brandon Cottom, he fits into the tight end room just fine.

Brandon Cottom participated in Purdue’s flight program and became a certified a pilot while in school. :th2thumbs:

cheese22

Reaction score
I'd love to see Cottam at TE or FB. The guy is huge with pretty good ability running the ball. If anyone knows about his pass catching I'd like to hear about it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawks46":3r5vqa4n said:
sutz":3r5vqa4n said:
vin.couve12":3r5vqa4n said:
Wow. I thought most of you had crowned him. Some good, even keeled posts up in here.
:) It's not all knee-jerk around here, although we have our crew that should show up soon. :laugh:

As to the injury prone question, the play where Rawls got injured was pretty bad. He got rolled up on badly. That in itself screams "isolated incident" to me. He was pretty durable up til then. But one season does not a trend set either way.

Then again, in true Pete and John style, I expect them to add to the RB staff this off season and see some competition in camp and pre-season.

Good point on the injury. When he got rolled up, he got tackled by 3 guys and pushed over his ankle. Anyone gets hurt there. It speaks more to Rawls learning how to finish runs better. When you get in that position, get low and get your yard or two, then go down.

Then again, Lynch has broken those before, and we've never seen him get hurt that way.

Forte has had a decently long career. He could teach the young pups how to keep himself in shape and how to handle themselves like a professional for a long time.

There's a ton of guys that have a couple of good years. Eddy Lacy is a great example; he was looking very good for a couple of years, then he relaxed and started eating.

chris98251

Reaction score
No reason to bring in Old and Bold, better to bring in someone with tread still left but not marquee name for the mentor purpose.

Latest posts