Rawls?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seymour":1b7qg8bn said:
Sgt. Largent":1b7qg8bn said:
Seymour":1b7qg8bn said:
HoldYourHawk":1b7qg8bn said:
Read an article the other day where Cable had stated that Rawls needs to "stop trying so hard" when running and to just "take whats in front of him." Rawls has been seen in practice trying to make the splash plays too often as opposed to the grind it out 4-5 yard chip plays open to him.

Not surprising. Cable's moto is don't try too hard. :pukeface:

Cable's right, Rawl's is a spaz and runs himself right into blocks, overruns lanes and drops balls cause he's trying to gain 100 yards and score 3 TD's on EVERY play.

And I agree. I just dislike someone saying "too much effort is a problem" when his position group is a perennial boat anchor for the team.

Of course Cable means run "smart" as well as "hard".
The man's taking enough legitimate criticism for lack of results, there's no real point in piling on over normal coach-speak.

olyfan63

Reaction score
ivotuk":1pun47az said:
I've never seen a team that rotates multiple backs in and out have success running the ball.

Really? I'd swear I've seen a bunch of teams do this. Of course, recently those tend to be teams that are also a dangerous passing threat, and with a good OL, like Atlanta or New England. Back in the day, it seemed the Mike Shanahan-Terrell Davis era and post-TD Broncos would put whatever no-name of the week RB in the lineup and it was a guaranteed 100 yard rushing game for him, and you'd sneeze and next thing you know that guy was their next 1,000 yard rusher.

I'll grant that I've never seen teams with a crap OL plug in a succession of random RB guys off the street or fresh out of the bread line or straight from the hospital ward and have success running the ball. I'd characterize that as closer to the current Seahawks situation.

Latest posts