RB crew next year

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Whatever we do, I doubt we sign an FA unless he's been cut. Compensatory picks.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I agree that this FO is pretty careful about compensatories.

I'm also surprised how many people rule out the possibility of drafting a RB this year. CMike was a 2nd round pick and just because he hasn't lived up to that (yet?) doesn't mean we won't go back to that well repeatedly. Who knows at this point whether Elliott will be there at #25 and there are five or six backs that look like 2nd/3rd round picks right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
Based on the backs they have and our scheme we need a power back that can break tackles and make his lanes if necessary. We will be looking for a specific type of back, a lot like Rawls maybe a bit bigger in the 245 range. Will need that same lateral shift movement and then carry guys. We need that physical presence inside for our offense to run the way it needs to.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
I think we must protect TR with another good RB, not just a backup. Which teams have finished with healthy RBs at the end of the season? The ones with "committee backfield": Bengals, Broncos...
Elliott is great from what I saw but... spend a1stround in a RB?

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
kearly":2zgak0r6 said:
Supposedly the 2017 draft is loaded at RB, so I could see Seattle adding a rental veteran this offseason in FA. Or retain Jackson.

Forte will get some pretty serious interest though, it would be a stunner if he signed in Seattle to be a timeshare RB.

I hope retaining Jackson is not even on the table.

The more I watched him, the more it became clear he was here as much for his relationship with Lynch as anything else. I was hoping a winning environment would have revitalized him but no such luck. He stuck around because as a veteran his decision making is top notch, but physically he looked like the RB version of Peyton Manning.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Forte would be a great option for next year. He's still got gas in the tank and would fit here perfectly. He's quick, breaks tackles and is a terror out of the backfield.

We also have that guy Cottom on a futures contract. He's a FB/HB hybrid that goes like 250 lbs if I remember correctly.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If Rawls and CMike are the top two guys, I would definitely say they could definitely benefit from having a veteran in there for some leadership. Forte would be nice but it seems unrealistic. He's gonna look for a place where he can start and he's gonna be pretty expensive as far as veteran RBs go.

How about Reggie Bush if he keeps playing? He's got health concerns but he'd be a good 3rd down option and I think is pretty well-regarded as a leader. Not sure how the relationship between he and PC is at this point though.

Hendo66

Reaction score
This O doesn't use the 3rd down RB concept very well. I would love to see a change in philosophy in that regard.

massari

Reaction score
Forte would be awesome but he''ll probably go to a contender where he'll have a bigger role and will pay him a lot.

Some good/realistic FA options to have as the third down RB behind Rawls+Michael would be Bobby Rainey, Lance Dunbar(will prob re-sign with Cowboys), Knowshawn Moreno(if healthy) and Jacquizz Rodgers(one of the best blocking RB's and pretty good receiver but not a very good rusher). All those guys could be signed for around the vet minimum.

Rawls+Michael+Rainey+late round draft pick/UDFA would be nice to have, then draft a RB fairly early in next years loaded draft class.

mrt144

Reaction score
dogorama":caihz60a said:
Everybody seems so sold on Rawls. Granted he was really good in his fill-in for Lynch but I think he's still got a lot to prove.

Yeah, like he's still the best producer per dollar at RB in the league for a 2nd year in a row?

redhawk253

Reaction score
You guys dreamin if ya think were gona get a big name like forte, martin, ivory, etc.. were gona save money rawls is the man.. get a vet or a guy that hasnt had an opportunity to start in free agency - think chris thompson, chris polk type guys - if alfred morris isnt persued he would be a great pickup tho.. hes a monster and just been gettin bent over by coaches in washington.

Forte makes more sense in new england where they havent had a feature back in years cuz they dont like to spend on that position so forte sayin he doesnt care about the money.. he is a perfect fit in their offense as they rely heavily on pass catching rbs but just havent had an all around guy to feature forever. Indy makes more sense for him.. green bay makes more sense for him.. any of cowboys giants or texans make more sense for him than us.

chris98251

Reaction score
redhawk253":epzxggjd said:
You guys dreamin if ya think were gona get a big name like forte, martin, ivory, etc.. were gona save money rawls is the man.. get a vet or a guy that hasnt had an opportunity to start in free agency - think chris thompson, chris polk type guys - if alfred morris isnt persued he would be a great pickup tho.. hes a monster and just been gettin bent over by coaches in washington.

Forte makes more sense in new england where they havent had a feature back in years cuz they dont like to spend on that position so forte sayin he doesnt care about the money.. he is a perfect fit in their offense as they rely heavily on pass catching rbs but just havent had an all around guy to feature forever. Indy makes more sense for him.. green bay makes more sense for him.. any of cowboys giants or texans make more sense for him than us.

One thing, you could have said the same thing before we got Lynch, if and I say IF the RB's we have don't perform to Cables expectations and a Murrey is available or some other back to be had we will make a move. We are a offense based on the run, we need a threat to make the passing game work period.

Now one can hope that Kelly has enough influence to sway Baalke and that he doesn't like Hyde and wants to move him, that would be a great pick up.

Will add this, we need a back that can make his yards after first contact, that means one with a wide base, exceptional balance and the knack for being able to move laterally without losing speed. Doesn't need 4.4 speed in the 40 but quick feet and that will run through arm tackles.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I would love to see Chris Ivory up here backing up Rawls .. then draft someone in 2017 when the class is likely to be the best ever for that position.

Could also bring back Turbo and Michael since they're both cheap and know the offense.. but Ivory would be very intriguing.

Latest posts