Read option and 6-1

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Well, I have heard the talk about the defense being compared to some of the best ever, and Im not ready to go that far yet, but I think they are the best in the league right now.

Is there going to be a game where the Hawks arent favored the rest of the season?

I think at this point the game @49ers would be Hawks -1, or pick em at worse.

Seems like anything less than 13-3 would be a huge disapointment as of right now.

Things that could derail the Hawks would be of course injuries to Lynch or Wilson/Thomas/Sherman.

But who knows, Michaels might step right in for Lynch after a couple games and be able to pick up that slack, in a different style of running.

The issue with the offensive line is a tough one. Because after a few weeks , you really cant use the Oline as an excuse anymore. The coaching needs to realize who we are playing with up front and adjust accordingly. Yes, Okung might come back and stay injury free, but you know how that goes.

I think Tate is a star in the making, although his numbers may never really show it due to our offensive style.

Another thing I dont think is talked about enough is how the run game benifits from Wilsons ability to run and run the read option. It basically takes an OLB out of the play every read option, and then if the OLB dives down, he runs for 10 yards around him.
This is far more difficult to defend then I think is given credit for.

The Rams game is HUGE now, since I think the 49ers could easily drop one of the Rams/Cards game on the road, which would almost guarantee us the division.

A win at home vs the Saints and home field is ours to lose on top of that.

If we play at home in the playoffs, its tough seeing us lose at home at this point, unless we get decimated by injury.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Jacknut16":1uv6cil7 said:
The Rams game is HUGE now, since I think the 49ers could easily drop one of the Rams/Cards game on the road, which would almost guarantee us the division.

I can guaranty that the 49ers aren't dropping the game to the Rams on the road.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
We were the favorites for EVERY GAME ON OUR SCHEDULE

BEFORE

We had played a game this year.....

With only two exceptions.

We opened as a pick in ATL and a +2.5 Dog in San Fran.

We have been a great team since before the season even started.

Lots of Seahawks fans are just figuring that out.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Bitter":241yk6vi said:
Jacknut16":241yk6vi said:

49ers already beat the Rams on the road so they only have to play one more division game on the road. Personally, I think the division (and #1 seed) come down to 2 things:

1) Who wins on Dec. 8 in SF
2) SEA / SF records vs NO

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Bitter":vllhj9bc said:
Jacknut16":vllhj9bc said:

Good one.

OP
OP
Jacknut16

Jacknut16

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2lvy2wkv said:
Bitter":2lvy2wkv said:
Jacknut16":2lvy2wkv said:

49ers already beat the Rams on the road so they only have to play one more division game on the road. Personally, I think the division (and #1 seed) come down to 2 things:

1) Who wins on Dec. 8 in SF
2) SEA / SF records vs NO

Yea, misspoke on that one. The Thursday night beat-down of the Rams...

Latest posts