Really?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2pnsvtxx said:
It was numerically favourable to our guys but gee whiz the draft got a lot less interesting.
I like less interesting when we get the best route runner and KR/PR in the draft and an edge rusher that comps to the likes of Justin Houston and that level. Both filling ridiculously obvious and critical needs. Please get even more boring John and Pete.

titan3131

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2g315722 said:
jammerhawk":2g315722 said:
It was numerically favourable to our guys but gee whiz the draft got a lot less interesting.
I like less interesting when we get the best route runner and KR/PR in the draft and an edge rusher that comps to the likes of Justin Houston and that level. Both filling ridiculously obvious and critical needs. Please get even more boring John and Pete.

you said this perfectly...

I might just copy and paste this everywhere I see someone complaining...

plyka

Reaction score
I agree with the thread starter ---god awful is all I have to say. So you give up a 4th, 5th and 6th rounder? WTF?! I thought they were going to move up to take some guy that was falling out of the 1st round --instead they give up all that draft capital --perhaps the next Kam Chancellor (5th round), Sherman (5th round), KJ Wright (4th if memory serves) so they can move up 20 spots and pick a guy who would have lasted until their 4th round pick?

It made no sense what so ever. They came into this draft with an incredible opportunity to stock up and gave away 3 picks in the heart of the draft for no reason whatsoever.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkNuts":26urdn88 said:
In my opinion outside of rounds 1-2 the talent of OL doesn't change much from rounds 3-6.

However, it changes significantly for skill players.

Good point.

Also we had so many picks, it was almost a given that we were going to trade up at some point.

Looking at it, yeah, it looks like we gave up too much. But thing is, people don't understand the context. It's possible that Pete or John heard that Lockette was going to get picked, and before he would fall to us. You have 5 minutes to get a deal together. You don't have time to call Washington, offer them the 4th and 6th pick, then have them decide not to, then up your deal with a 5th. The pick is gone by that time.

I had a feeling we wanted Lockette. I've seen him mocked anywhere from the late 1st round to the 4th round. He fills a HUGE need as a returner, is a great route runner, and is faster than Baldwin. When Baldwin's contract is up, if Lockette is at the same level (not all that hard) we can let Angry Doug walk and get value for a couple more years from Lockette and save money.

I still feel we drafted Frank Clark too early, but if that's who they had to have, it will make sense. There's not many guys the HAVE to have that don't work out.

I can't think of really one pick that totally busted that they HAD to have, and either traded up for, or picked in the 1st round. The closest to that would be Harvin, and the 2nd one I can think of would be Carpenter. And we got servicable years out of Carp.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
plyka":2zlhlj93 said:
I agree with the thread starter ---god awful is all I have to say. So you give up a 4th, 5th and 6th rounder? WTF?! I thought they were going to move up to take some guy that was falling out of the 1st round --instead they give up all that draft capital --perhaps the next Kam Chancellor (5th round), Sherman (5th round), KJ Wright (4th if memory serves) so they can move up 20 spots and pick a guy who would have lasted until their 4th round pick?

It made no sense what so ever. They came into this draft with an incredible opportunity to stock up and gave away 3 picks in the heart of the draft for no reason whatsoever.
You know this for sure?

Damn fine entertainment this is.

drdiags

Reaction score
No guarantees they spend those 4th, 5th and 6th rounders wisely because just as they have had success in that area, they have had some misses.

Harper (another KState WR in the 4th), LeGree, Durham, EJ Wilson, DE from Arizona that got hurt and never played and numerous others.

I am greedy like the next guy, more picks are better because your odds go up on striking gold but the team has not had a big influx of talent drafted since they got the final pieces in the 2012 draft. I would like to see them stop trading away their 1st round picks but that's just the fan in me talking.

Yep, would love to see some quality linemen come in here or a true #1 superstar WR but just not happening. I still cannot argue with success, somehow they keep getting it done.

I used to love the draft, now I just kind of watch it for the back stories. I look forward to the upcoming draft ratings and the anquish they will cause many on the forum. Sort of like the team rankings that get people bent out of shape.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
plyka":2umc2j2f said:

I agree.

I want Russell to get some protection OL and DB need depth added, sure 11 guys aren't making the team from this draft but I see no reason not to get 11 and let them battle it out for roster spots.

Also I'd have to think another team around the Redskins pick would have taken less, even if we won on the Jimmy Johnson chart I don't really care because our F.O. has uncovered a lot of mid to late round stars, I hate that we have one player coming on board instead of four.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I loved the boldness of the move.

It speaks volumes for what John and Pete think of Lockett.

The video (posted elsewhere) of the heritage of the Lockett family at K State tells me this kid is extremely well grounded and will succeed in the NFL.

I'm thankful that we got him.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
It's threads like this that led me to give up on .net. If it's not drivel like this from the massive influx of bandwagoners (12's since '12) it's outrageously ridiculous homerism.

Where have all the sensible old school Seahawks fans gone that suffered through the late 80's and 90's with me?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":19c9txgy said:
plyka":19c9txgy said:

You know this for sure?

Damn fine entertainment this is.

Interesting that they said either the TITANS or TEXANS were gonna pick him up within a few picks. I think it was the Texans. Sorry, cant win them all.

penihawk

Reaction score
If it was us that moved down 25 spots for a 4,5&6 the haters would be hatin because they all ain't makin the team. This stuff just amazes me.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
penihawk":1se4omp6 said:
If it was us that moved down 25 spots for a 4,5&6 the haters would be hatin because they all ain't makin the team. This stuff just amazes me.
Yep and I'm starting to love threads like.

"No reason whatsoever" hahaha so hilarious.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
If you have any hesitations on the Lockett trade, look at his highlight clips and when you can pull your jaw off the floor come back and apologize.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
plyka":32d7cp3i said:

Wait give me a second..

Ah yeah.. we still have 2 4's, a 5 and a 6. Soooo if the next KJ, Kam and Sherm are there (hint: they probably aren't).. we can still get them.

Funny how that works!