Rebuilding Year

OP
OP
P

PNW Hawkster

Reaction score
Well, with the Hawks managing to lose to every team in the NFC South Div., all with losing records, and their run defense being throttled by the Raiders, also with a losing record, and the Panthers, there is no way the Hawks will be competitive with 49ers, who have the best scoring defense in the league, tonight. Looking at the remaining schedule, I do not see another win for them, and will probably finish out at 7-10 for the season. The Jets maybe a possible win for an 8-9 season, but until they fix their defensive issues, I think looking forward to next year's draft is the most positive thing on the horizon for the Hawks. Anyone have other thoughts on this season?

OP
OP
P

PNW Hawkster

Reaction score
It was a timely win for the Hawks over the Jets that places them still in the playoff picture. The Rams did not perform well against the Chargers yesterday, so the Hawks should be going into Week 18 as favorites over the Rams. The good news is the defense stepped up and kept the Jets out of the end zone all day. That was highly encouraging since it that is the kind of effort they need should they make the playoffs. The bad news is the offense could not punch it into the end zone in the second half. The got two field goals, but turned it over on downs twice deep in Jets territory. They need to work on their short yardage and 4th down play calling because it simply was not working. Hopefully, they get to improve those issues with the Rams, but meanwhile, the Hawks need to rely on the Lions to defeat the Packers to make the playoffs. Packers are looking very strong and peaking at the right time. Although the Lions have a high scoring offense, their defense is not great, so it could be a game similar to the Hawks/Lions shootout earlier this year. Let's go Lions!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I honestly had little expectations coming into the season to start with. Not knowing how Geno would perform, and relying on so many rookies at key positions was slightly scary. Even though we have lost games we probably should've won, I'm still excited for what we have done, and could accomplish this season. Nobody expected us to be in this spot to begin with so we're playing with house money.

We have a top 3 pick right now (Plus our own pick) for 2023. With another solid draft (This draft was beyond amazing) we could be sitting pretty in the division.

I'm excited about the rest of this season, but even more excited about this team next year and beyond!
Well said! 🙌

OP
OP
P

PNW Hawkster

Reaction score
How about those Hawks making the playoffs. I never thought at the beginning of the season that was even in the cards, but fate had the Hawks in its favor and the Packers lose to the Lions. The guys will now get an extra bonus payday. They really earned it. Now it time for payback on those 49ers.