Recovery from Cold Weather Exposure

Gametime

Reaction score
Looking around for information online about the lasting effects or recovery from cold weather exposure.

Was curious if the game being played in such cold temps would have an effect on the recovery times or have any subtle lingering side effects as the week of prep goes on.

Maybe nothing but I've been in extreme heat and cold (Marines) and know that there were times I didn't feel right for a few days.

Anyone have so medical knowledge or thoughts to drop?

blkhwk

Reaction score
Great question...... don't know scientifically, but I do have to work in extremes of hot and cold. The heat seems to take longer to recover from than the cold IMO. Always feels like warming up and being regular is easier than cooling down, re-hydrating etc..

Also played in a football game where the temp was near 0. Impossibly hard to get anything going. Your body never warms up, you feel a step or two slow, impossible to grab/tackle, cannot feel the ball etc. A very mentally draining experience. We got the lead early and held it. Playing from behind is much harder in this type of weather. Keeping focus is tough.

You cannot discount the weather in this game. All of RW's high throws, I would guess, were due to him not being able to feel the ball.

Latest posts