Redskins forum with their predictions against our hawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
huskylawyer":1rzltufq said:
The game will be closer than people think IMHO. Cousins is inconsistent in an AJ Feeley/Matt Flynn type of way, and though it bodes well that he is a turnover machine (18 turnovers in 6-7 starts), he can get hot from time to time. I'm thinking 28-21 or something like that, but if we get rolling it could be a rout.

Agreed.

I think we'll see the same opponent desperation and effort as we saw with how hard the Chargers played coming off a loss trying to prove they're contenders against the champs.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The overconfidence will get out of control on this forum before the game.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bmorepunk":nu76i2cj said:
No worries because you'll be right there to make sure we're nice and grounded right or that we're playing the game?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bmorepunk":xvas031g said:
Luckily none of us fans are playing in the game.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":31eurn7v said:
I bet the same thing still happens. Any time they see a Seahawk fan someone has to bring that up.

It will be the same thing with Bowman and "popcorn". One dumbazz Hawk fan says or does something he shouldn't and it's regurgitated by their fans as a reason to typecast all of us as racists or complete jerks.

Sports fandom is pretty funny sometimes.

Absolutely. That knife cuts every which way, though.

Three years ago during the first quarter of a 9ers game a gang member stabbed another gang member over a gang dispute in the (rough) neighborhood that butts up against one side of Candlestick, and there's still a ton of people saying that all 9ers fans are thugs and that if you root for your team at 9ers games you're going to get stabbed.

It is what it is IMO, but yeah, definitely pretty funny.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2gcwujwt said:
Absolutely. That knife cuts every which way, though.

Three years ago during the first quarter of a 9ers game a gang member stabbed another gang member over a gang dispute in the (rough) neighborhood that butts up against one side of Candlestick, and there's still a ton of people saying that all 9ers fans are thugs and that if you root for your team at 9ers games you're going to get stabbed.

It is what it is IMO, but yeah, definitely pretty funny.
You make it sound like there has only been one stabbing in the past few years at (or in the immediate vicinity of) Candlestick. Try 3-4.

kearly

Reaction score
If the Seahawks lose to these Redskins in primetime I think it might be safe to say that it won't be our year this year. Cousins is still a limited QB who stares down reads and forces throws. Toby Gerhart and Chad Henne made their defense look good, everyone else not so much. Seahawks pretty much never get beat by slow RBs like Morris.

The only downer is that Washington is still an NFL team that will be pretty focused after a big loss and has a long time to prepare for the game. And we can't forget that Seattle loves to play bad teams close.

And then there's that field, which claimed another victim yesterday (Trent Williams).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":2p3rfull said:
If the Seahawks lose to these Redskins in primetime I think it might be safe to say that it won't be our year this year. Cousins is still a limited QB who stares down reads and forces throws. Toby Gerhart and Chad Henne made their defense look good, everyone else not so much. Seahawks pretty much never get beat by slow RBs like Morris.

The only downer is that Washington is still an NFL team that will be pretty focused after a big loss and has a long time to prepare for the game. And we can't forget that Seattle loves to play bad teams close.

And then there's that field, which claimed another victim yesterday (Trent Williams).

But people like bmorepunk told us there was nothing to worry about.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2q3i4ykt said:
You make it sound like there has only been one stabbing in the past few years at (or in the immediate vicinity of) Candlestick. Try 3-4.

Link?

There was the incident between two gang members during the game in Hunter's Point outside of the stadium. In Georgia after a game a Falcons fan punched a 9ers fan and the 9ers fan pulled out a knife and stabbed him,

I'm not aware of any stabbing ever taking place on the property at Candlestick in the past few years, nor more than the one incident between two gang members outside of Candlestick in the past few years.

If there were three or four, link 'em up.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":237smf2p said:
bmorepunk":237smf2p said:
No worries because you'll be right there to make sure we're nice and grounded right or that we're playing the game?
Lol.. exactly.

yeah... the whole "don't be confident because the Hawks might lose" thing.

As if our words have any impact at all on the game. I have said it, strange stuff can happen and the Hawks can lose, but to put it in perspective the Chargers needed nearly every ounce of that strange to get their win over the Hawks. Stuff can happen, but it is going to take a lot of stuff for the Skins to come out on top.

They are just bad in all phases. Offensively they have made things happen, but mostly against Philly who gives the opponent a ton of chances.

The reality is that the Skins don't have a defense or special teams, are playing a very inexperienced QB and can't protect. If the Hawks have an average game it will be a decisive win.

253hawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":27t5h6xr said:

Don't worry; the sky will be falling after every single play during it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2qx46jfw said:
RolandDeschain":2qx46jfw said:

Link?

There was the incident between two gang members during the game in Hunter's Point outside of the stadium. In Georgia after a game a Falcons fan punched a 9ers fan and the 9ers fan pulled out a knife and stabbed him,

I'm not aware of any stabbing ever taking place on the property at Candlestick in the past few years, nor more than the one incident between two gang members outside of Candlestick in the past few years.

I should just say the onus is on you, since I *HAVE* linked them on this forum in the past, (last fall I think) but fine. I'll do your Google-fu for you.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... wboys-fan/
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... o-stabbing
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... 9ers-game/
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/one-stabb ... lot/nKyGw/

Four separate incidents, with the 49ers fan being the stabber in all of them. Not necessarily the instigator of the altercation in the first place, but come on. Fandom doesn't need to escalate to attempted murder.

Popeye, do me a favor and bookmark these yourself in case you need to show them to any of your doubting brethren. :) There may be more, these are just what I could find in a few minutes of Googling.

We make fun of 49ers fans being stab-happy because it's true. Most stadiums don't have a single stabbing incident in the past five years. Blame it on Candlestick's location all you want, but there are SEVERAL other NFL stadiums in crappy crime-ridden parts of town in other states that don't have this happening.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1xtxre4r said:
We make fun of 49ers fans being stab-happy because it's true. Most stadiums don't have a single stabbing incident in the past five years. Blame it on Candlestick's location all you want, but there are SEVERAL other NFL stadiums in crappy crime-ridden parts of town in other states that don't have this happening.

Yeah... "Link 'em up" Roland...

I don't see any pudspank Niner fans linking up facts to artificial crowd noise or Pete Carroll's Cheating Handbook (probably available in .pdf) but it won't stop them from from referring to it as common knowledge.

253hawk

Reaction score
Maybe not 49ers games specifically, but as far as Giants games in SF there's the dude that got stabbed to death about a year ago and a woman that was KO'd this summer trying to break up a fight between two douches.

Leave it to the most boring sport to lead to the most violent fan behavior.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":tac6gx7v said:
Popeyejones":tac6gx7v said:
RolandDeschain":tac6gx7v said:

Link?

I should just say the onus is on you, since I *HAVE* linked them on this forum in the past, (last fall I think) but fine. I'll do your Google-fu for you.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... wboys-fan/
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... o-stabbing
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... 9ers-game/
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/one-stabb ... lot/nKyGw/

Four separate incidents, with the 49ers fan being the stabber in all of them. Not necessarily the instigator of the altercation in the first place, but come on. Fandom doesn't need to escalate to attempted murder.

Popeye, do me a favor and bookmark these yourself in case you need to show them to any of your doubting brethren. :) There may be more, these are just what I could find in a few minutes of Googling.

iRo with some "ownage" right there! :th2thumbs:
Can't wait for the "spin" on this from the usual suspects. :snack:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
My favorites:

SEA - 57 (their starters leave the stadium at halftime)
WAS - 1 (impossible, I know. But, I think we'll find a way)

Maybe one of their anchors will say something so revolting that their entire network gets banned for a week, and the game is blacked out. Best case scenario, imo.

I'll be at Buffalo Wild Wings messing with the sprinklers, fans, lights, gophers, whatever it takes!

I am hopefully going to be star-gazing with a coworker that night so I will miss the Carnage.

My theory is that after they go up 74 -0, Lynch runs backwards and drops the ball at the 1. We can't punch it in.

The only way the Redskins cover is if every Redskins fan bets Seahawks. They'll come in one point under the spread and still lose just to screw us harder.

Death by a thousand jet sweeps

Unfortunately my Mom has season tickets.

I'm predicting stack overflow on the Seattle side of the scoreboard.

Tyler Polombus will give up at least 2 sacks.

The Seahawks are not the same team on the road

I predict that I will relapse after 5 years sober.