Redskins forum with their predictions against our hawks.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
http://es.redskins.com/topic/382809-redskinsseahawks-predictions/

Pure doom and gloom for the skins with our hawks coming to their house. Some funny post in that thread. Kinda feel bad for them.

Here are a couple of them that made me chuckle:

"Posted Yesterday, 11:05 PM
Seahawks 18
Redskins 0
Seahawks kick 6 FGs, every time they drive to the redzone they sit on the ball, clowning our chances of actually scoring when we get the ball back."

"Posted Yesterday, 11:12 PM
I don't know how bad we'll lose and I haven't played since high school, 20 years ago, but I'm considering going in for tryouts. I can't possibly cover worse than 3/4ths of that secondary.......from my couch."

"Posted Yesterday, 11:38 PM
Death by a thousand jet sweeps
Skins don't score a TD. They call off the dogs early
Hawks 34
Skins 3 "

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Sounds a lot like the Chargers forums before game 2 - most seemed resigned to losing and some were predicting a blood bath (in favor of the Seahawks). And we all know how that one turned out.

NINEster

Reaction score
I remember the Vikings forums the week leading up to the 49er matchup in 2012, and some were saying they wouldn't cross midfield....

Yeah, do not like super doom from opposing fans.

While it's annoying as hell, usually my team does better when opposing fans talk all sorts of s*** leading up to the game. :mrgreen:

253hawk

Reaction score
I almost feel bad for them. Back to back prime time thrashings at home...

Ruminator

Reaction score
Am mildly surprised/mildly annoyed the Redskins were given two consecutive prime time home games. I'm sure that has happened before a few times with other teams, but kind of funny considering Redskins didn't even make the playoffs last season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Ruminator":1rb031e2 said:
Am mildly surprised/mildly annoyed the Redskins were given two consecutive prime time home games. I'm sure that has happened before a few times with other teams, but kind of funny considering Redskins didn't even make the playoffs last season.
But his highness RGIII was supposed to be back... and in his rookie season form... oops.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I think a big factor of that was the NFL not wanting us to have any home primetime games. So they get weirdness like Washington in primetime consequesitvely and not showing a Superbowl rematch nationally.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Washington is getting a prime time game cause they're playing Seattle. This is Seattle's prime time game, cause everyone wants to watch the best, most awesome team in the history of the NFL.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Honestly I'm worried going into this game. It's a must-win game for them much like Chargers week 2.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I got banned from the Extreme Skins forum for saying they should be careful about how much they believe in RG3 as a future great passer in the week prior to our playoff game in their house because a significant portion of his "passing" was comprised of quick dump-offs to Alfred Morris behind the line of scrimmage and other easy high-percentage throws that had unsustainable levels of YAC in his rookie season, bumping up his stats quite a bit, and that I wasn't convinced he was a great pocket passer yet.

Jerks deleted my post and banned me. I wish they had at least left the post so I could link back to it and tell them "I told you so." The Redskins fans are the worst in the NFL for me, behind the 49ers. Seriously, you could go there a couple years ago as a Seahawks fan and be like:

"Just wanted to wish you guys a great injury-free game, I hope--"

"SHUT UP RACIST, STOP HATING SEAN TAYLOR!!!!"

Literally, that is how things went over there. They are insane, and the humble pie they are eating is well deserved. 253hawk, you take that back about almost feeling sorry for them this damned instant!!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They are in gloom and doom mode right now. That is typical of that forum in that the team is never as good as they think it is when they win and not as bad as they think it is when they lose.

I would be very surprised to see the Skins in full meltdown mode Monday night against the Hawks. Big game for them, another prime time home game and they will want to keep the game close rather than risking another blowout. Cousin's antics may have the Skins coming out ultra conservative and they still have Morris. I just never doubt the ability of any team to win on any given day.

If the Hawks don't make mistakes they will win this game easily, but we have seen how easy a tipped pass or KR fumble can change the momentum in a game.

The Hawks need to bring the wood like they normally do and the rest will take care of itself. Avoid the chaos and they avoid the upset.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":210v1xll said:
Seriously, you could go there a couple years ago as a Seahawks fan and be like:

"Just wanted to wish you guys a great injury-free game, I hope--"

"SHUT UP RACIST, STOP HATING SEAN TAYLOR!!!!"

Literally, that is how things went over there. They are insane, and the humble pie they are eating is well deserved. 253hawk, you take that back about almost feeling sorry for them this damned instant!!

I bet the same thing still happens. Any time they see a Seahawk fan someone has to bring that up.

It will be the same thing with Bowman and "popcorn". One dumbazz Hawk fan says or does something he shouldn't and it's regurgitated by their fans as a reason to typecast all of us as racists or complete jerks.

Sports fandom is pretty funny sometimes.

byau

Reaction score
I highly recommend you go read that link above right now

It's entertaining - not laughing at them, laughing with them because they are very creative posters in predicting "doom and gloom"

"Kirk Cousins throws 4......passes to Seattle's defense."

"I predict I'll win big at the bookie. "

"Seahawks 74, Redskins 3. Though I'm not entirely sure how we'll get into FG range."

"933-0 and that's just at the half"

And my favorite

"There's NO way for a negative score, correct? Not even such as: kicking a field goal, it hits the field goal post, bounces back, bounces off our kickers helmet, hits terminal velocity and then goes through the field goal uprights behind us? That's got to be -3 right? So, that will happen. -3 - 54, Seattle."

This kind of thing to me is endearing. As most have said here, it makes you feel bad for these guys. Because any true sports fan can empathize with a fandom of a team not doing well, and the fact that they are still discussing and posting about their "doomed" team shows loyalty that is admirable

Oh and by the way: I caution us all to not get too amused by it. Yes I am in the back of my mind always wary of doom and gloom from the opposing fandom. Considering the universe has a sense of humor, stay humble 12s.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
As fun a read as that is Washington isn't as bad as last night. They will lose because they don't have a defense but I wouldn't count on Cousins to be that horrific when they play us. When he decides not to be a turnover machine he can help that team put up a serious amount of points. It would help if they could establish Morris without him fumbling the ball also.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
byau":2ctaenk0 said:
I highly recommend you go read that link above right now

It's entertaining - not laughing at them, laughing with them because they are very creative posters in predicting "doom and gloom"

"Kirk Cousins throws 4......passes to Seattle's defense."

"I predict I'll win big at the bookie. "

"Seahawks 74, Redskins 3. Though I'm not entirely sure how we'll get into FG range."

"933-0 and that's just at the half"

And my favorite

"There's NO way for a negative score, correct? Not even such as: kicking a field goal, it hits the field goal post, bounces back, bounces off our kickers helmet, hits terminal velocity and then goes through the field goal uprights behind us? That's got to be -3 right? So, that will happen. -3 - 54, Seattle."

This kind of thing to me is endearing. As most have said here, it makes you feel bad for these guys. Because any true sports fan can empathize with a fandom of a team not doing well, and the fact that they are still discussing and posting about their "doomed" team shows loyalty that is admirable

Oh and by the way: I caution us all to not get too amused by it. Yes I am in the back of my mind always wary of doom and gloom from the opposing fandom. Considering the universe has a sense of humor, stay humble 12s.

That WAS a fun read! thanks!

huskylawyer

Reaction score
The game will be closer than people think IMHO. Cousins is inconsistent in an AJ Feeley/Matt Flynn type of way, and though it bodes well that he is a turnover machine (18 turnovers in 6-7 starts), he can get hot from time to time. I'm thinking 28-21 or something like that, but if we get rolling it could be a rout.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
huskylawyer":q7zz11od said:
The game will be closer than people think IMHO.
Doesn't help that we tend to play down to our competition, too. Almost a guarantee that we'll win, but we're too meek of an offense to win by 4-5 scores unless the Redskins just make tons of mistakes. Every time I see someone say Carroll's a jerk that loves running up the score, it makes me laugh. He'd run 100% of the time and take 39 seconds to snap the ball on every single series all game long if he could, lol.

I love Papa Pete, but being a cutthroat on offense is the last thing he is.

ringless

Reaction score
Yes, this is a must win game for them or their season is over... 1-4, they just don't have the talent to come back from that when Philly is in their division and the way Eli has hit his stride in the last 3 weeks..... I am fine with whoever wins this game.... If you guys win, I think the Cardinals will play a dejected team coming into their home with their hopes already crushed..... If they win, we will stay in the divisional race longer than expected.... No matter what happens, I hope you wear them out...