Referees cost niners the game

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Lol, had Crabtree's fumble in the stick been called correctly, I doubt they'd have won that game. In fact they'd have been tied with Arizona and playing them in a game that actually meant something.

They're mad because we gave them the ball back after a few ticks of the clock? We could have kicked a FG and made Kaep's last pass a literal non factor.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Seeker":58oq44a1 said:
Is it just me? or does anyone else have a problem with the fact that harbaugh and his coach crew literally crowd the officials the entire game to influence calls.

No, not just you. I absolutely can't stand it. In section 109, we were incensed that Harbaugh spent a LOT of the game out on the field, yelling at the officials. At various points, four of the seven officials were on his side of the field, talking to him. No coach should require that kind of attention or stroking.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Last 4 forty whiner possessions:

Punt
Fumble
Interception
Interception

Officiating had ZERO effect on the game. The inept forty whiner offense on the last 4 possessions had EVERYTHING to do with their loss.
Chew on that whiner trolls!

Vb9er

Reaction score
Blown calls yes cost us the game......not even close. The better team won. We had three chances to put the game away and blew it. All that aside I'm not sure what 9ers fans are saying refs cost us the game but they are clearly idiots.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Vb9er":1x58mos3 said:
Blown calls yes cost us the game......not even close. The better team won. We had three chances to put the game away and blew it. All that aside I'm not sure what 9ers fans are saying refs cost us the game but they are clearly idiots.
most are not, but some are.
Most are saying the game was marred by mistakes, but that wasn't the reason they lost and I agree. However there are a few

Marvin49

Reaction score
Well...as other have mentioned, the non-fumble on Bowman actually ended up working out in the 49ers favor because the got the ball near the 15 instead.

I think the anger had more to do with the incorrectly called Roughing/Running into the Kicker.

Who knows what might have happened if that were called correctly. I for one tho don't blame the refs for the loss. There some things called incorrectly, but I don't really think that was why the game was lost. The backbreakers were the 4th down TD, the Lynch TD, and the Sherman deflection.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Dtowers":q77y83wn said:
Not to mention that ball is likely recovered by Seattle if Kaep doesn't kick it. Arguably that single non call kept this game from being a blow out in Seattle's favor.
I noticed that when it happened. I don't think it's a coincidence the ball went off kaep's foot right to goodwin.
In the end all that matters is we're going to NY

Dtowers

Reaction score
Marvin49":1be88a1s said:
Well...as other have mentioned, the non-fumble on Bowman actually ended up working out in the 49ers favor because the got the ball near the 15 instead.

I think the anger had more to do with the incorrectly called Roughing/Running into the Kicker.

Who knows what might have happened if that were called correctly. I for one tho don't blame the refs for the loss. There some things called incorrectly, but I don't really think that was why the game was lost. The backbreakers were the 4th down TD, the Lynch TD, and the Sherman deflection.

No offense man but Seahawks fans can play what might have happened if as well. A few ball bounces and a illegal kicking penalty and this game is a blowout in favor of Seattle. SF had a chance despite whatever else happened. Kaep choked and Seahawks D stepped up. The rest is yesterday.

schkoot

Reaction score
It definitely had an effect on the outcome of the game. We missed our chance at a Safety.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Dtowers":2ybe5wko said:
Marvin49":2ybe5wko said:

No offense man but Seahawks fans can play what might have happened if as well. A few ball bounces and a illegal kicking penalty and this game is a blowout in favor of Seattle. SF had a chance despite whatever else happened. Kaep choked and Seahawks D stepped up. The rest is yesterday.

When did I say otherwise...Although Mike Pereira was interviewed this morning to say that at least 4 calls (Whitner hit, Rogers Personal Foul, Bowman Fumble recovery, Roughing/Running into the Kicker) were done very poorly and worked against the Niners. He also said that Salvatore (sp) was upset about them.

HOWEVER, The first 3 didn't really have an effect on the game. The Seahawks didn't score after the Whitner penalty, the Rogers call would have ended the half eaither way, and the missed recover actually worked out in the Niners favor. The Rouhgin the Kicker....it's debateable....but I don't blame the refs.

I also don't think Kap choked. I think the Seattle D is #1 against the pass for a reason and if Sherman isn't 6'3" and a damn good corner the Niners might be going to the Super Bowl. The fact is tho that he IS 6'3" and a damn good corner and Seattle earned the win.

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Same thing happened in 2006 w/Steelers. Even one of the officials admitted it 5 YEARS LATER he lied. Must have been a statute of limitation on the "revelation". But he admitted to BAD calls. Happens all the time. Maybe this is karma for 2006. And we can win the Super bowl NOW.
BOUT TIME

Dtowers

Reaction score
Marvin49":x6oq0874 said:
Dtowers":x6oq0874 said:
Marvin49":x6oq0874 said:

When did I say otherwise...Although Mike Pereira was interviewed this morning to say that at least 4 calls (Whitner hit, Rogers Personal Foul, Bowman Fumble recovery, Roughing/Running into the Kicker) were done very poorly and worked against the Niners. He also said that Salvatore (sp) was upset about them.

HOWEVER, The first 3 didn't really have an effect on the game. The Seahawks didn't score after the Whitner penalty, the Rogers call would have ended the half eaither way, and the missed recover actually worked out in the Niners favor. The Rouhgin the Kicker....it's debateable....but I don't blame the refs.

I also don't think Kap choked. I think the Seattle D is #1 against the pass for a reason and if Sherman isn't 6'3" and a damn good corner the Niners might be going to the Super Bowl. The fact is tho that he IS 6'3" and a damn good corner and Seattle earned the win.

Dude he decided to throw that ball before the snap. 31 seconds left on clock and a couple timeouts left. No need to force a ball into great coverage especially when there were players open.

as for the whitner hit he clearly hit his facemask with his forearm. That will get called everytime. There were bad calls on both sides. SF still had a chance to win. Kaep choked.

Smellyman

Reaction score
The Breno "hold" had the biggest impact.

First and 10 at sf 36, instead. 2nd and 20 at the 47

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Just rewatched the game.

a few bad calls went against SF, but only one questionable call actually had amy outcome on the scoreboard. That was the running into the kicker call. By strict definition, taking out the plant leg is roughing. A 15 yard penalty, and tech nically that's what happened.

this did take the ball away from SF and lead to a Seattle score.

however I think you'd be hard pressed to find any officials who would have called the 15. It was blatantly incidental in a way that you'd have to really stretch to honestly define as roughing.

there were other bad calls but SF generally came out better for mot having had them called.

Latest posts