Regarding Percy

brimsalabim

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2c6i02zc said:
My question is how are the NFC West going to stop those jet sweeps and Russell Wilson? Also you do understand JS is telling most FA's sorry we don't want you? We will get the EXACT players we want come March. His phone is off the hook right now,.Man it's good to be a Seahawk player or fan now. Totally insane.
I heard Steve Young make the same point but he went one further. On that jet sweep you have the line backers flowing one direction to account for Percy and the other to keep Russell off the edge and suddenly there is no one in position to stop the beast mode strait up the middle.

I also think that Percy and Russell will get in sync this off season.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sdog1981":1n1g9x19 said:
Chill Winston.

Percy Has missed THREE games during his Vikings career. He has played 16,14, and 15 games the last two years he has played 10. If fully healed we can expect about a full season form the guy. ALSO he has returned a kick off for a touchdown EVERY year that he has played including this season he has kick off returns of 105,104 and 101 yards for TD's. I think he will be fine.

Nice Snatch reference

And I agree... While Harvin may find life tough in the NFC west...he's no more a candidate for injury than any of our other wrs

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":184j3wkq said:
He's like, 97% healthy right now, and we're just entering the off-season. Give me a break. He is going to tear the freaking NFL up next fall, just watch.
THIS^^^^^ :thfight7:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1oy41c8a said:
Harvin is fine..To the Harvin haters I saw posting for weeks.. :177692: :D
As far as some fools being "Haters"?, I don't think they really hate him, so much as they don't really believe in him as being able to get back to 100% healthy again, and that's their folly.
I look at it this way, IF Pete, and Co. went ballz out to get Percy Harvin in the fold, they knew that he'd have to have time to recoup, and put their stamp of approval on the trade with the Mini-Vikes.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
And here I figured after a dominating Super Bowl victory, one where we tattooed our legacy on the very forehead of the NFL, I would stop hearing fellow Seahawks fans use the word "scared" to describe how they feel about a component of our team.

Percy is gonna get beat to shit. For what we are paying him, he is going to get run in to the ground as he becomes a featured part of the offense. Defenses will key in on him and try to take his head off, for it will be the only prayer in hell they have at containing our offense. Everyone saw what we did to the Broncos, even with "safe" plays designed to put Percy in space, matched up against cornerbacks.

We may even draft a player intended to play as a backup to Percy, because what we saw in the Super Bowl with the fly sweeps could easily be translated in to a play action or read option attack.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3hhvajwe said:
Percy is gonna get beat to shit. For what we are paying him, he is going to get run in to the ground as he becomes a featured part of the offense.
You forgot this... :sarcasm_off:

godawg

Reaction score
My hat is off to the way our FO worked with Percy this year. We trusted him in his timetable for recovery, his teammates supported him, and when we needed him, he showed up big time. The treatment Percy received from the team this year was not lost on him, and the appreciation he has for the FO and his teammates will pay big time benefits in the future. Just ask yourself, would you rather have Cordarelle Patterson next year, or Percy Freakin Harvin?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Percy is the man. The guy had hip surgery in Flipping August and was able to be a major contribution to the Super Bowl.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We should vote in a new rule around here, anybody whining like a wuss about Percy Harvin gets permanently banned. 8)

Throwdown

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":62m7revz said:
We should vote in a new rule around here, anybody whining like a wuss about Percy Harvin gets permanently banned. 8)

Same can go for those whining about A SUPER BOWL WINNING OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

So if we can get that too happy, I'm down with the Percy rule as well.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":rg3d5h9h said:
SmokinHawk":rg3d5h9h said:
Percy is gonna get beat to shit. For what we are paying him, he is going to get run in to the ground as he becomes a featured part of the offense.

There was no sarcasm. He is going to be made a featured part of the offense, and we will beat him up. It is an inevitability. Just enjoy the show and the W's.

When Percy is unavailable, the Seahawks will continue on in their tradition of suffocating defense, and in-your-face rushing attack. 85 times out of 100, that is a successful formula for us.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Throwdown":3ptfv5jd said:
RolandDeschain":3ptfv5jd said:

Same can go for those whining about A SUPER BOWL WINNING OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

So if we can get that too happy, I'm down with the Percy rule as well.
Shut your mouth, you wannabe! I can defend my position about our OC pretty well. Not to mention, you KNOW a certain someone agrees with me that would know better than anyone here about the situation. Come on!

HawkWow

Reaction score
godawg":1jpslp4a said:
My hat is off to the way our FO worked with Percy this year. We trusted him in his timetable for recovery, his teammates supported him, and when we needed him, he showed up big time. The treatment Percy received from the team this year was not lost on him, and the appreciation he has for the FO and his teammates will pay big time benefits in the future. Just ask yourself, would you rather have Cordarelle Patterson next year, or Percy Freakin Harvin?

That last sentence would be more apples to apples if finances were taken into consideration. As in...Would you rather have:

Patterson, Tate and Baldwin.... or Harvin next year?

FTR, I am not suggesting we move Harvin. Far from it. I can't speak for everyone that was down on Harvin, but my biggest problem with Harvin (in 2013) was his decision to have surgery, all but eliminating himself from the 2013 season. My obvious fear being that it would likely prohibit us from winning the championship. We ultimately won the championship (without him) but with that monkey off our backs, I no longer have the same anger for Harvin that I once had.

Further, I have a feeling the title, along with his team mates, furthered Harvin's maturation. In all, I am very excited to have Harvin going into 14. As long as he creates no problems, not even injury would change my current feelings about that. I'm sure many of the others, misidentified as "haters", likely agree.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hey I didn't criticize him.... I just hadn't noticed him in any of the celebrations that I'v seen. Since I'm on the east coast and haven't been privy to as much coverage I asked the question here. I didn't intend to start an argument and I hope he is very very happy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Super Bowl Champion, made significant contributions, he knows he was close to being a non story and others had did more thru the season. We will hear from Percy next year when he feels he has something to talk about.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1j30o1ky said:
onanygivensunday":1j30o1ky said:
SmokinHawk":1j30o1ky said:

There was no sarcasm. He is going to be made a featured part of the offense, and we will beat him up. It is an inevitability. Just enjoy the show and the W's.

When Percy is unavailable, the Seahawks will continue on in their tradition of suffocating defense, and in-your-face rushing attack. 85 times out of 100, that is a successful formula for us.
Meh. He WAS the entire passing offense in Minnesota for years so excuse me if I totally disagree with this sentiment.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":4q1ma9ej said:
He survives by not being ran into the ground, Rice and Harvin both were beat up in Minny and we have seen to what extent. We have 4 and 5 maybe 6 deep at WR, Harvin playing and getting surgical touches while ball distribution to the others as well as our running game taking almost 50 percent of the plays makes it a easier season for him.

It is also what makes us more dangerous going forward, you have only so many guys to cover all our weapons, if your going to cheat in the box to stop Lynch you pay, if you Cheat in the box to stop Lynch and double Harvin or Shadow Harvin you pay more. If you stack the box to stop Lynch, double or shadow Harvin and try to spy Wilson ouch your really gonna pay.

I'm totally agreeing with this. All we heard before the SB was, "As great as the Hawks D is Denver just has too many weapons to cover them all." While I'm thinking, "What the hey yo! Like we don't have many weapons as well. Lynch, RW, Percy, Kearse, Baldwin, Tate, Willson."

Of course our WR are "pedestrian" but we all knew better after watching them make so many clutch plays this year. Now think of next year? Harvin 100%, RW another season under his belt and shoulder feeling 100%, Lynch, and our Pedestrian WR's and TE's.

Denver has Manning but he isn't in my opinion the threat that RW is because he is one dimensional as we saw in the SB. And Manning doesn't have Lynch.

The other thing is that our FO sees opps and fixes them. IE. the pass rush LY. What do you think they will do with the O-line this year as that seemed to be our big challenge this year?

Next year the Offense is going to be wack! The way we will spread the ball around keeps everyone happy and healthier. That said someone goes down, next man up applies better to us than anyone else too.

Man it's incredible to be a Hawk!!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I'm just glad he they don't have much film on him. I hope they have a lot in store for him this off season because he's goona F stuff up come next season. His KO ability is what we were missing the entire season and I think that alone makes him a huge contributor. Just need him to stay healthy.