Remember when us 12's were the bandwagon menace?

silverandgold

Reaction score
Nowadays the new bandwagon menace are the Chiefs fans. As soon as the Seahawks stopped being relevant, the haters went to attack the KC Chiefs.
It kinda hurts though, seeing that we were only relevant for a few years and then POOF, it is forgotten that we won a Super Bowl. We won't even be equated with the 85 Bears. Good luck to the Chiefs, hope they don't suffer like we did.

:(

BASF

Reaction score
Nowadays the new bandwagon menace are the Chiefs fans. As soon as the Seahawks stopped being relevant, the haters went to attack the KC Chiefs.
It kinda hurts though, seeing that we were only relevant for a few years and then POOF, it is forgotten that we won a Super Bowl. We won't even be equated with the 85 Bears. Good luck to the Chiefs, hope they don't suffer like we did.

If only we had our version of the Super Bowl Shuffle, we would. Our team was better than theirs by a large margin.

olyfan63

Reaction score
If only we had our version of the Super Bowl Shuffle, we would. Our team was better than theirs by a large margin.
This year's Eagles team had a lot in common with the 2013 Hawks, IMO, and the Chiefs somehow found a way to beat them. It's that darned Mahomes, he's the problem.

RedAlice

Reaction score

I will never forget that you won a Super Bowl. You all kicked ass that entire season and then destroyed it at the end.

that is UNFORGETTABLE

RedAlice

Reaction score
Your story is a story fans dream about.....

why be upset that it is not remembered instead of you remembering that it HAPPENED?

eta: In my personal opinion. Wilson is the reason you all did not continue to succeed. Just my own opinion.

olyfan63

Reaction score
US 12's? Speak for yourself. Proud to the a Hawks fan thru thick and thin since day 1. Not a "12"
So we need a new nickname for Hawk fans that started pre-Carroll? Or pre-Holmgren? Or pre Qwest/Clink?

A couple unique things about earlier times include games in the Kingdome, training camp in Cheney, and lots of L's. And of course Chucka-Knox. (I think there was a fan song that had that lyric in it)

Not trying to criticize, if you feel the need to think of Hawks fandom in multiple categories, eras, or whatever, go for it. But at least come up with a catchy name for the era(s) you want to differentiate. Kingdome Krazies? Good Luck Ground Chucks? Husky Hawkers? (for those couple years in Husky stadium) Not to worry, I'm keeping my day job ;-)

olyfan63

Reaction score
Your story is a story fans dream about.....

why be upset that it is not remembered instead of you remembering that it HAPPENED?

eta: In my personal opinion. Wilson is the reason you all did not continue to succeed. Just my own opinion.
It's looking more and more like your opinion was correct... after we paid Wilson, that was the beginning of the end of SB conversation relevance. Couldn't keep overall team talent level as high as in 2013-14. Also, the Rams were always Wilson's personal kryptonite. Fisher and the Rams DCs played Wilson... disrespectfully. IIRC, Rams D set up in 2-High shell type of coverage, and didn't bother to cover some middle-of-the-field areas, because they knew Wilson never looked or threw there. It took the rest of the league 5 more years to figure this out, I think AZ and Vance Joseph were the next ones to finally notice and play Russell this way, in that "memorable" 6-6 tie game. Of course, only the Rams had peak Robert Quinn, who seemed faster than Russell and could chase him down and catch him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So we need a new nickname for Hawk fans that started pre-Carroll? Or pre-Holmgren? Or pre Qwest/Clink?

A couple unique things about earlier times include games in the Kingdome, training camp in Cheney, and lots of L's. And of course Chucka-Knox. (I think there was a fan song that had that lyric in it)

Not trying to criticize, if you feel the need to think of Hawks fandom in multiple categories, eras, or whatever, go for it. But at least come up with a catchy name for the era(s) you want to differentiate. Kingdome Krazies? Good Luck Ground Chucks? Husky Hawkers? (for those couple years in Husky stadium) Not to worry, I'm keeping my day job ;-)
People can call themselves whatever they want. Hawks fans, 12s, whatever. The "12s" thing seems to be a little different these days that's all.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I will never forget our sb win or the season leading up to. It was a time I was really excited when the defense was on the field because it usually equaled a beat down of some kind. now when defense is on I say “oh f me.. the CB has dropped back 5-10yrds here’s the free first down for the opponent” non stop… and worry.

Then the dismantling Seattle have Denver in that SB.. just fun.

Even the year after that season was fun the SB outcome sucked. But regardless of how it ended Seattle stayed step for step and overcame hurdle after hurdle thrown at them against the coveted Brady.