Report: Kaepernick, Niners to part ways after season

rideaducati

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":ouo0lzt0 said:
Sports Hernia":ouo0lzt0 said:
NINEster":ouo0lzt0 said:
Ducati is a massive homer.

He'd rather have an old Ducati 900SS over a new Aprilia RSV4 Factory just because it's a Ducati. I cannot recall one legitimate compliment or neutral statement of the 49ers team in any fashion. Everything is pro Hawks without fail.

When I look at Kap's best highlights I see better throws than Wilson makes. Wilson makes a nicer arched throw to the sidelines....the 50/50 jump ball. Fine.

But for throws into traffic, Wilson never wowed anyone. I mean, the last time he really threw into traffic......

Every highlight I've seen of Wilson this year essentially is a pretty wide open receiver due to nice scheme or the WRs making a nice double move. Bevell went A+ the second half of this season....

And how ironic to call Kap's receivers wide open...

You know what a Russell Wilson highlight film looks like?

A WR THIS OPEN because Wilson just bought an hour scrambling.

Without such a play, do the Hawks even score a touchdown in Minnesota a few weeks ago? LOL.

And the one time Kap had to make such a play to save a game.....he threw the ball a mile across his body to Crabtree in New Orleans. It wasn't some 20 yard throw.

I love the idea that the 12s think they are playing with house money, that they have Dan Marino and Joe Montana combined in this conversation, and Kap is Kenneth Dorsey on a bad day.

Nice pro bowl there Wilson, he's elite. :th2thumbs:

Carroll, Lynch in his prime.....that ultimately worked out better than Harbaugh and an older Gore.

Nice to know that there are a few Niner fans that think the Kraepper is still better than Wilson. I know ya'll still existed. 8)

I just watched a few Wilson highlight videos on youtube and a bunch of them feature Wilson running for his life because he gets pressure as soon as he gets the ball.

Dont know how anyone could say Wilson doesnt make amazing throws. His ball placement most of the time is amazing. Also for not having a real cannon arm he is probably one of the best deep ball throwers in the entire league as well as being perhaps the best QB at throwing on the run I have ever seen, although you could argue Rodgers is pretty damn good at it too.

One of the throws he make in regards to ball placement that comes to mind immediately is this one

[youtube]qoeeUt-q5Po[/youtube]

Russell threw about 30 of those exact passes in pregame warm ups that day.

As far as being a Seahawks homer? I might be, but that in no way means that I can't evaluate Kaepernick. So far, I haven't been proven wrong and I have been saying the same thing since Kaepernick's first few games. In fact, what I have been saying all along has come A LOT closer to being proven out than what you niner homers continue to spout. Keep believing, it makes it much more fun because I get to point out how I told you so.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
HawkFan72":xvdfhapp said:
Kaepernick can definitely throw with the best of them. He's got a great arm. I remember watching that pass to Vernon against the Bucs live and thinking it was one of the better throws I have seen. It was just a rocket that was a perfect bulls-eye.

Kaepernick has many flaws, but arm strength and hitting a moving target aren't on the list.

I don't get why we can't acknowledge when a player we dislike has some good qualities.
Kap's biggest weakness is anticipation, but rumors have been flying that his study habits are poor, which would mean arrogance/overconfidence is another one.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
I was curious to see if Kap has always been this bad, but it was covered up by scheme, so I went and rewatched the 2013 games. Turns out he really WASN'T that awful. He made good throws from the pocket, on time and accurate. His passer rating was over 90, so unsurprising. In watching those games, in my opinion he looked better than Newton did early this year (of course Newton significantly picked up his play later in the year).

So what happened? For one I think the players around him got burnt out. Vernon Davis, for example, looked like he was trying in 2013. Second, it's clear that something drastic has happened to Kaepernick's confidence. In the 2013 games he looks decisive, even when his decisions are wrong. In 2015 he looked absolutely shell shocked. Another thing, he actually looked more accurate in 2013. He would still miss the streak (he actually seemed more accurate in that in 2015), but he hit many of the deep crossing routes. Fourth, it looks like the scheme change was a big deal. Their offense became a lot more predictable after 2013.

Bottom line: Kaepernick was a decent quarterback option in 2013, and it wasn't just talent around him. He went through his projections better, he got the ball out quicker, and he was FAR more decisive. Something has completely changed his mental process in the game. He is NOT the same quarterback now, not suddenly "exposed." He has truly regressed.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":su933hkv said:
I was curious to see if Kap has always been this bad, but it was covered up by scheme, so I went and rewatched the 2013 games. Turns out he really WASN'T that awful. He made good throws from the pocket, on time and accurate. His passer rating was over 90, so unsurprising. In watching those games, in my opinion he looked better than Newton did early this year (of course Newton significantly picked up his play later in the year).

So what happened? For one I think the players around him got burnt out. Vernon Davis, for example, looked like he was trying in 2013. Second, it's clear that something drastic has happened to Kaepernick's confidence. In the 2013 games he looks decisive, even when his decisions are wrong. In 2015 he looked absolutely shell shocked. Another thing, he actually looked more accurate in 2013. He would still miss the streak (he actually seemed more accurate in that in 2015), but he hit many of the deep crossing routes. Fourth, it looks like the scheme change was a big deal. Their offense became a lot more predictable after 2013.

Bottom line: Kaepernick was a decent quarterback option in 2013, and it wasn't just talent around him. He went through his projections better, he got the ball out quicker, and he was FAR more decisive. Something has completely changed his mental process in the game. He is NOT the same quarterback now, not suddenly "exposed." He has truly regressed.

It's actually kind of ironic really. For all the times 9er fans have referenced Wilson as the midget, it turns out the real midget was Kaep, just a mental midget is all.

I liken this to karma. The webzone constantly wishes injury or worse on Seattle players. What happens? Every time the teams play a squadron of 9er players leave on stretchers. I never wish it or even want an injury to happen but I'll admit every time I see a 9er player go down I think to myself, karma really is a bitch.

Maybe if 9er fans lightened up a little the Karma gods might be a little nicer.

rideaducati

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":ehg6cw4r said:

Kaepernick has NEVER made it through his progressions on a regular basis....unless his progressions were: first read, first read, first read, RUN! Teams started out playing zone against the niners and the niner receivers were good at getting to open areas in zone coverage. When the niners went against man coverage, or teams disguised man coverage, Kaepernick started to have trouble.

Kaepernick determined where he was going with the ball before he took the snap and did nothing to disguise where he was going with the ball. Defenses picked up on his "tells" and Kaepernick did nothing to counter that. It was all downhill from there. His receivers weren't good enough to beat man coverage and he wasn't good enough to make it through his progressions or to make quick decisions. As the team around him got worse, Kaepernick's flaws became more apparent, but those flaws have been there all along.

If Kaepernick had known he had those flaws all along and had actually been working on them all along, he could have been a good QB. He hasn't been working on them and I doubt he even thought he had flaws prior to the 2014 season. It's too late for him now. He is what he is and his only chance is to play with a great team around him while offering little to actually help the team.