Resign Tyler Lockett??

QWERTY

Reaction score
After making Russell Wilson look as good as he did during the past few seasons, he belongs in the hall of fame. As has been stated, he will not be a cap casualty for at least another two seasons.
He will never make it in the HOF with those stats

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Of course not. Maybe if there was a HoF for making good players look like Hall of Famers.
Regarding the HOF - Paul Hornung ran for 3,711 yards in his career and is in the HOF. Paul Hornung played in an era where offenses were predominantly running the ball versus passing it. My point is - I don't believe stats make much of a difference on who gets into the HOF.

Lockett needs to be extended (he's signed through 2025). He's the most sure-handed and reliable receiver on the team.

Last edited:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
At this point, Lockett is basically a possesion receiver, without the physicality typical of the description. He's dependable, and good for accumulating lots of air yards in small chunks. He's not elite, but he's crafty enough to get open against all but the top tier corners. Good, dependable hands. The Shaun Alexander of wide receivers, he's focused on self-preservation.

He would be a valuable addition to a less disciplined offense, and probably should be traded in the off season. He would make a great security blanket for one of the more ad-lib QBs. Given his contract structure, teams shoukd be willing to part with some decent capital for him. They woukd have to to make it worthwhile for the Seahawks.

If the Broncos can trade their first for a couple of seconds, I would take a second round pick in 2023 and 2024 3rd rounder for him. Denver is probably the best place for him.

Green Bay would be a good destination as well.

If you look at the stats, so is DK.

With teams playing 2 high safeties, there are very few receivers that take the top off defences any more. That may change with all the success of running games this year, but 2022 has been the year of the intermediate route.

Lockett still gets wide open. Lockett still has great hands and body control. I don't think any of those things are going away soon. He should retire a Seahawk.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There's absolutely no way he would be re-signed in Seattle.

He's 30 years old, and after his contract he will be 34 years old. And by that time, he would be done.

Maybe, but let's wait and see what happens then. He really hasn't lost a step and is protective of himself avoiding big hits when he can. He's got the most amazing awareness of where his feet are and regularly goes his toes down inbounds.

Am disappointed in him being hurt but that is somewhat rare for him and I know his presence on the field will be missed by the team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
only the 2nd injury he's ever had. That first one was brutal, and he bounced back strong.
I noticed that Justin Jefferson was doing the same thing to avoid the big hit the other day. Often.
It's not just a tyler thing

Rat

Reaction score
Regarding the HOF - Paul Hornung ran for 3,711 yards in his career and is in the HOF. Paul Hornung played in an era where offenses were predominantly running the ball versus passing it. My point is - I don't believe stats make much of a difference on who gets into the HOF.

Lockett needs to be extended (he's signed through 2025). He's the most sure-handed and reliable receiver on the team.
Hornung was more of a legacy. In nine seasons, he was a key player on four championship teams, led the league in scoring three times, he had two first team all-pros, and a league MVP. Stats matter to an extent, but a lot of times it's more about accolades.

Most impressive to me about Hornung is he was also their kicker and once missed 26 field goals in a season, going 12 for 38 (31.6%) in 1964. That's a league record that's never getting broken.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Maybe, but let's wait and see what happens then. He really hasn't lost a step and is protective of himself avoiding big hits when he can. He's got the most amazing awareness of where his feet are and regularly goes his toes down inbounds.

Am disappointed in him being hurt but that is somewhat rare for him and I know his presence on the field will be missed by the team.
I'm just looking at past NFL WR's after age 32. Once they hit 30-31 they start to decline fast.