Retrospect on DT

Rewrite history,?

• Draft Spoon and pay him 6 mil per, trade a second for Williams, and pay him 20 mill per.

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • Draft Carter, keep second round pick, pay him 6 mill per. Loose Spoon

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Sprfunk

Reaction score
So it seem to me seattle has devalued the position a bit. Remeber when the hawks traded down from 12 to 15 and the eagles selected fletcher Cox, while we got Bruce Irvan at 15? It just didn't sit right wit me... all be it, who am I?
Honestly the lines seem to have been neglected for quite some time on both sides of the ball. I remember Pete saying something to the effects of get use to the qb running for his life after Wilson's contract.

So I'll bring up a subject that has been touchy for me. Personally I wanted Fletcher Cox, and Jalen Carter.

Here is a question for you. Seeing that we gave up a second for L. Williams, and had to pay him over 20 million a year to retain him, would we have had to do that if we just valued DT position and drafted Carter? His rookie deal is around 5.5 million per year based on draft position. Now we would loose Witherspoon.

So here is the deal. Option 1: We draft Witherspoon and pass on Carter. Our d gets exposed, up front and we loose a second round pick for Leanard Williams. Then pay him $20 mill. (I like both players)

Option 2: Draft Carter: Pay him 6 mill per instead of Spoon. Keep our second round pick this year. And not have $20 mill investment in Williams. But again we don't have Spoon.

Mase

Reaction score
- He contributed to two people no longer being alive when he was in college and then lied and tried to hide from it. Then, this is in the last six months, made up for that by threatening to kill an opponent, and his kids. I am sure stuff like that is "said" on the field, heat of the moment and all. But when you send a photo of that player with his kids, and say I'll be catching up with ya, or something like that, you are a huge character risk.

- And that is before considering he plays with two other high first rounders, who have actually proven they are good. His conditioning and commitment have always been questioned. My bet is his career will mimick Albert Haynesworth. Incredibly talented, will make a lot of money, but will never be special, and will go down as a would have, could have, should have type player.

- Give me Spoon every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Most games are on Sundays.

Mase