Return of Golden Tate

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
My only question would be if we kept Tate, would we have picked No-E in the draft this year? I would guess probably not. Makes it interesting to ponder where we would be had we kept him. A second Super Bowl win but no Lockett? You just can't win second guessing though as everything changes and maybe we don't even make the SB.

I do love what Tate developed into here and hold no animosity toward him at all. That said, tear his freakin' head off Kam..........the enemy must be destroyed. (obviously a figurative comment, I wish no injuries on anybody)

Go Hawks!!! :thirishdrinkers:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Can't stand Tate and in very glad he's gone. Hope he has a long night with zero catches

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
I got no problem with Golden Tate. He caught the pass that ended the game vs. the Packers, plays hard, and helped bring us our first Superbowl.

I hope the 12's cheer him tonight. Not too much, mind you, but he's one of ours in a way.

kobebryant

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1g3ithvk said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1g3ithvk said:
WilsonMVP":1g3ithvk said:
Speaking of Browner...why didnt we pursue him instead of Williams. They are making about the same ammount of money right? And both of them are 30+

Browner was released by New England after Seattle had already signed Williams.

And for what it's worth, reports have suggested Browner has struggled in New Orleans so far.

Ah that would make sense.

I love Browner. But Cary hasn't given up much of anything this season and looks to be getting more and more comfortable in this defense each week, whereas Browner looked shaky at times last night (not sure how he's doing for the season though).

Exittium

Reaction score
I don't dislike Tate, but i don't buy for one minute he was the reason we made it to a SB.. after all we made it to another right after he left as well. So yeah. Also I respect the kid, but agree with everyone else, if he would have worked on his craft sooner than later he'd probably still be with us, and if he was do we pick NoE in the draft?

I hope BamBam brings the wood the Tate..
Sorry Tate your not in Blue and Green anymore, you'll be blue and green when ya leave.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":u99litxu said:
WilsonMVP":u99litxu said:
Speaking of Browner...why didnt we pursue him instead of Williams. They are making about the same ammount of money right? And both of them are 30+

And for what it's worth, reports have suggested Browner has struggled in New Orleans so far.

He's got like 25 holding penalties already, if that makes you feel any better...........and Williams has actually played well.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3h7cjzyd said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3h7cjzyd said:
WilsonMVP":3h7cjzyd said:

Ah that would make sense.

There were rumblings that Browner was going to be released before Cary Williams was signed. Between that and the year before, I just think the team wasn't all that interested in having him back.

And TES is right.. Browner has been nothing like he was here in Seattle or even in NE. Rob Ryan leaves his corners on an island, so he doesn't have that over the top protection from Earl or McCourty to cover his back side

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I hope Tate just plays like he has all year which isn't anything much.I would love to see Kam give him a good hit just to say hello.Tates attitude sucked while he was here and waiting till your FA year to put up something just didn't jive with me.I know he had a couple clutch plays and pr returns but there was a few games of nothing between those games.I love having Lockett and he is our GT upgrade without the attitude.I don't miss him a bit and I hope he enjoys that Losing with $

Basis4day

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3gux7ddb said:
I hope Tate just plays like he has all year which isn't anything much.I would love to see Kam give him a good hit just to say hello.Tates attitude sucked while he was here and waiting till your FA year to put up something just didn't jive with me.I know he had a couple clutch plays and pr returns but there was a few games of nothing between those games.I love having Lockett and he is our GT upgrade without the attitude.I don't miss him a bit and I hope he enjoys that Losing with $

Waiting till your FA year? That's a bit of revisionist history. Tate played great for two years once the Hawks drafted Wilson. He steadily improved in both receptions and yards each season after being drafted and actually had more receiving TDs in the regular season in 2012 (7) than he did in 2013 (5) and his first year with the Lions in 2014 (4).

Considering most WR take 3 years to develop he seemed right on track to me.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":y17ft0oo said:
IndyHawk":y17ft0oo said:

Waiting till your FA year? That's a bit of revisionist history. Tate played great for two years once the Hawks drafted Wilson. He steadily improved in both receptions and yards each season after being drafted and actually had more receiving TDs in the regular season in 2012 (7) than he did in 2013 (5) and his first year with the Lions in 2014 (4).

Considering most WR take 3 years to develop he seemed right on track to me.
Ok I'm off on that fa yr but I still stand by the rest

Throwdown

Reaction score
I hope Kam breaks his face. Tate will forever be looked at as a baby for how he acted after he left.