Reuben Foster Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I was pretty much willing to give him the benefit of the doubt up until that.

The moment you throw a dog, you pretty much give up any chance to call yourself a worthwhile human being for a long time.

I have to hope that the only reason someone would do something like that is brain damage or some sort of cognitive impairment.

You would have to be soulless otherwise. Really hope that report is not true.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2uxn0erd said:
I was pretty much willing to give him the benefit of the doubt up until that.

The moment you throw a dog, you pretty much give up any chance to call yourself a worthwhile human being for a long time.

I have to hope that the only reason someone would do something like that is brain damage or some sort of cognitive impairment.

You would have to be soulless otherwise. Really hope that report is not true.

I don't disagree with you, but two things...

1) The dog wasn't injured which makes me think "threw" might have been an over-exaggeration or....
2) She made that up too when she was trying to destroy his career (of course, assuming she was in fact lying about the assault).

Sadly, even though she might have in fact been assaulted, her credibility is now shot. Either she lied and said he hit her or she is lying now do get him out of it. Either way, shes lying.

The part of all of this that sucks is I don't really think we'll ever really know what took place.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Whether Reuben Foster did this or not I don't think he will last long. This guy is as dumb as a box of rocks. His decision making over time is absolutely horrible. He has so many incidents. I think there will be another one in the next 3 - 6 months. Something else will come up. If not even sooner than that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":37gz397m said:
Whether Reuben Foster did this or not I don't think he will last long. This guy is as dumb as a box of rocks. His decision making over time is absolutely horrible. He has so many incidents. I think there will be another one in the next 3 - 6 months. Something else will come up. If not even sooner than that.

I actually don't think he's all that dumb (not saying he's a rocket scientist).

I think he comes from a ROUGH background and has a lot of growing up to do.

You could be right though. IF he makes it through this situation I can only hope he learns a few lessons. Typically though players don't learn those lessons and are doomed to repeat them. We'll see.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":g8c2mvvr said:
Plenty of players came from a rough background. Doesn't make it ok to be a complete jack ass.

Pretty sure at no point did I say it was OK. I said I didn't think he was stupid.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. I just laugh at the excuses that people make. Stuff like "he's just a kid" or "he came from a tough background" Well, plenty of people choose to do the right thing, regardless of age and/or where they came from.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":z0cvz0sw said:
Fair enough. I just laugh at the excuses that people make. Stuff like "he's just a kid" or "he came from a tough background" Well, plenty of people choose to do the right thing, regardless of age and/or where they came from.
Heard Cowboy fans make the same excuse for Dez and all of his issues.
Also heard niner fans make these excuses for Alldumb Smith.
SD49er nailed it in his post IMHO.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":395yvihh said:
Deadspin released the full police report

https://deadspin.com/police-report-reub ... ssion=true

Sounds like everything that we think happened, happened. Not sure why the GF is recanting her statements.

Police report is based on her initial comments so not so sure. I want him off the team if he hit her, but at this point I kinda think he's going to be exonerated in court, but that doesn't mean he didn't do it. I don't think we'll ever really know.

DA is continuing with charges even after video, and his lawyer is pushing with a swift trial to put pressure on the DA. There is another evidentiary date on Friday as the DA is requesting her account to the hospital and her injuries...probably to see if the DA can disprove that the injuries came from the incident on video.

Worth noting that the DA was very confident and made a big show out of comments after his first two court appearances and this time didn't speak.

Now its Fosters lawyer applying pressure which may lead from what I've read to the DA dropping charges. With an unhelpful witness they need external proof to try the case beyond reasonable doubt. That's why I think he won't be found guilty. Innocent or not though, I don't think we'll ever really know what happened.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1t3ga9j4 said:

Its not intended as an excuse. Its intended as an explanation. That doesn't by any means excuse it though.

I mean the dude got shot as an infant while in his mothers arms by his father. His father was running from police for like 20 years.

I'm just saying the dude comes from a rough background, never had a father, and is still immature as all hell. Those aren't excuses. They are explanations.

Its like saying a murderer is a drunk and was abused as a kid. Those are contributing factors, but they don't excuse the behavior. At all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":1pg4r7gs said:
Sgt. Largent":1pg4r7gs said:

Sounds like everything that we think happened, happened. Not sure why the GF is recanting her statements.

Police report is based on her initial comments so not so sure.

The police report is based off of her comments AND what the officers saw, which were bruises, scratches, busted lip and cell phones smashed.

The GF's comments are up for factual discussion, her injuries are not. She was physically assaulted. Period.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ht9lsj3 said:
Marvin49":2ht9lsj3 said:
Sgt. Largent":2ht9lsj3 said:

The police report is based off of her comments AND what the officers saw, which were bruises, scratches, busted lip and cell phones smashed.

The GF's comments are up for factual discussion, her injuries are not. She was physically assaulted. Period.

....sounds like you haven't been paying attention.

The woman (Elissa Ennis) recanted her story to the police. They pressed charges anyway so then hired an attorney and through that attorney released a public statement that he never hit or threatened her. Instead, she says that she had an altercation with another woman (that is where injuries came from) and that she had video to prove it.

https://deadspin.com/reuben-fosters-ex-girlfriends-lawyer-says-her-client-li-1825554811

That video was submitted and now the DA is trying to get access to Medical Records to see if the injuries match the altercation caught on video. She stated that she lied when he tried to break up with her over the incident with another woman and remove her from the home. She threatened to "trash his career". These are all her words written through her attorney. She lied. She lied about the initial incident or she's lying now...though the move to hire an attorney and incriminate herself would be an odd one if she is lying now.

IE, what's in question isn't whether she was injured/assaulted or not. She was. The question is by whom. Period.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I just look forward to a time at some point in the future where which 49ers have recently been involved with the cops isn't a constant topic of discussion.

Not sure when we'll see that scenario arrive, but I have hopes that it'll happen in my lifetime. I'm 35 years old right now.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rzhwo06 said:

Unless the video shows her injuries occurred from the other fight, in which case EVERYTHING SHE SAID, and all the other evidence, becomes questionable.

All depends on if the video is real or not a forgery. If it is not a forgery, then it’s more likely she mode all of it up. If it IS is a forgery, Foster is going to prison.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dohyqv3w said:
Marvin49":dohyqv3w said:
Sgt. Largent":dohyqv3w said:

She submitted a video to the DA that allegedly shows SOMEONE ELSE giving her those injuries. There is no “period” until the levl of credibility of th vido is determined.

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":7azad76z said:

That's just based on her initial statement. Which she has since said was all lies, so isn't really relevant.

Sounds like Foster will be getting off with a clean slate from almost all the charges.

kidhawk

Reaction score
QuickLightning":2aatftu7 said:
Sgt. Largent":2aatftu7 said:

That's just based on her initial statement. Which she has since said was all lies, so isn't really relevant.

Sounds like Foster will be getting off with a clean slate from almost all the charges.

It's still very relevant. Just because she has recanted doesn't mean what she said wasn't true. It'll take time, but it will either be proven that she lied initially or lied after the fact. There are reasons why I can see either being true, so until there is verified proof one way or the other, then everything related to the case is relevant.