RGIII Edit: Signs with Cleveland

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rideaducati":rm16oipd said:
Popeyejones":rm16oipd said:
chris98251":rm16oipd said:
I am waiting for all options for Kaep to be closed then Baalke to release Kaep.

For better or for worse, not gonna happen. You'll be watiing for that until next off-season at the earliest, IMO.

If it's any consolation next off-season is probably also at the latest you'll have to wait for it? :D

Once Kaepernick is cleared to play, the niners can cut him with only $2.5 million cap hit. I doubt the niners are going to pay Kaepernick's salary if he doesn't win the starting job...and I highly doubt he will win the starting job.

I was under the impression his entire year (12 mill) is guaranteed if he is on the roster April 1 and he gets an additional roster bonus (1.5mill iirc) if he shows up April 4th.

They can't outright cut him until he passes a physical which is pretty doubtful before April 1st so that should get him 12mill and the 9ers could have got some sort of draft pick and directed where he ended up if they traded him so even if he passes a physical before April 4th it seems trading him would be better than cutting him.

I don't know if that trade was hinging on him restructuring though as that could effect his tradability.

I'm a little confused how you came up with your cap hit scenario.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1eh09rup said:
SeatownJay":1eh09rup said:
Sounds like RG3 is signing with Cleveland.

Yep, it's a done deal.

Cleveland is a long way down from his pinnacle. I think it's a good sign that RGIII has hit the hard reset on his career and is ready to work.
RG doesn't have to work the money is paid no matter what.I cannot believe the Browns are so dumb..

rideaducati

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2aqcs4yk said:
rideaducati":2aqcs4yk said:
Popeyejones":2aqcs4yk said:
chris98251":2aqcs4yk said:
I am waiting for all options for Kaep to be closed then Baalke to release Kaep.

For better or for worse, not gonna happen. You'll be watiing for that until next off-season at the earliest, IMO.

If it's any consolation next off-season is probably also at the latest you'll have to wait for it? :D

Once Kaepernick is cleared to play, the niners can cut him with only $2.5 million cap hit. I doubt the niners are going to pay Kaepernick's salary if he doesn't win the starting job...and I highly doubt he will win the starting job.

I was under the impression his entire year (12 mill) is guaranteed if he is on the roster April 1 and he gets an additional roster bonus (1.5mill iirc) if he shows up April 4th.

They can't outright cut him until he passes a physical which is pretty doubtful before April 1st so that should get him 12mill and the 9ers could have got some sort of draft pick and directed where he ended up if they traded him so even if he passes a physical before April 4th it seems trading him would be better than cutting him.

I don't know if that trade was hinging on him restructuring though as that could effect his tradability.

I'm a little confused how you came up with your cap hit scenario.

overthecap.com shows Kaepernick's dead money hit if cut after June 1st to be less than $2.5 million. His contract is only guaranteed for injury. If he passes a physical and is ready to play at any point, that guarantee goes away because he is no longer injured. Plus, "guaranteed" money is only "guaranteed" if they are on the roster week one of any season.

LegionHawk12

Reaction score
This gives another way for the Browns to completely implode... which happens year after year... after year... after... yawn.