Richard Sherman mic'ed up

TJH

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ys1rjk8 said:
Went up to LaMichael James and hugged him after the game. Asked him if he was alright after that shot he took from Lockette.

Pretty incredible witch hunt when it comes down to it.

Was this on video?

oasis

Reaction score
Smellyman":1a32wceo said:
oasis":1a32wceo said:
And of course the NFL waits till after the sh**storm to release this. Classy.

I am imagine this is the normal mic'd up release schedule. I don't see a conspiracy here.

Well they could have at least said Sherm was snubbed/smacked in the face after offering an honest, good sportsmanship gesture. Instead they kept this knowledge stowed away like a da vinci code secret while the media exploded worldwide .

HawkWow

Reaction score
Man I love Lynch.

Lynch to Sherm on the sidelines to start the 2nd half (and in a very casual manner): "Just give me an opportunity to close it out...unless you want to, I don't mind".

Man I love this team.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
A lot of people sure look stupid for their comments after this has been made public. They'll probably slink away quietly and not say anything about being wrong. Even if it was the wrong time, Crabtree could have ignored him and walked away, imo.

Shock2k

Reaction score
HawkWow":2propnek said:
Man I love Lynch.

Lynch to Sherm on the sidelines to start the 2nd half (and in a very casual manner): "Just give me an opportunity to close it out...unless you want to, I don't mind".

Man I love this team.

Agreed that was the best part.

Sherman handled this whole situation pretty damn well considering he actually STUCK HIS HAND OUT. A universal sign of "peace"/"Let's meet/part as friends" and gets smacked in the face. What a bunch of crap. But you have to admit, today's press conference was a perfect setup for the release of that audio. He even proffered the only comment his detractors could nail him with "...probably wasn't the best moment for that."

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1kuvhhho said:
I believe Sherman mentioned in one of his interviews that he knew that would probably be the only chance he had to say good game because the 49ers would barely come to shake hands and all that AFTER the game which alot of them didnt. I dont think what he did was wrong, maybe it was the wrong moment idk.

I heard that one too. Seemed sincere.

HawkWow":1kuvhhho said:
Man I love Lynch.

Man I love this team.

That line got me too. After that and the Japanese bit, I think Marshawn may be the sweetest and toughest man alive.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This may not change much media wise but the niner fans know crabs is a baby.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Shock2k":q2de9b7e said:
HawkWow":q2de9b7e said:
Man I love Lynch.

Man I love this team.

Sherman handled this whole situation pretty damn well considering he actually STUCK HIS HAND OUT. A universal sign of "peace"/"Let's meet/part as friends" and gets smacked in the face. What a bunch of crap. But you have to admit, today's press conference was a perfect setup for the release of that audio. He even proffered the only comment his detractors could nail him with "...probably wasn't the best moment for that."

Oh not to mention there were 2 DAMN CAMERA ANGLES of that little exchange, and the media only showed the angle where you can't see Sherman holding out his hand. Basically making it look like Sherman was getting in Crabtree's face.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Shock2k":38i3fnda said:
HawkWow":38i3fnda said:
Man I love Lynch.

Man I love this team.

Absolutely. Lots of stuff going on at there and while easy for Sherm to extend his hand as a winner, he did still make that attempt. I'm sure there was the element of "how you like me now"? But that is to be expected when Crabs went out of his way to say Sherm wasn't the best.

OTOH, I have zero problem with Crabtree shoving Sherm in the face under the circumstances. I would have done so as well and believe more would than wouldn't. The good news? This rivalry just gets better and better and these two teams are now joined at the hip.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Funny thing is if the refs called this right, the penalties should have been off-setting. Sherman still gets his call for the choke gesture (the Reggie Miller comment made me laugh). But Crabtree should have been flagged for the hand to Sherman's face.

drdiags

Reaction score
TJH":90fhk784 said:
Basis4day":90fhk784 said:
Went up to LaMichael James and hugged him after the game. Asked him if he was alright after that shot he took from Lockette.

Was this on video?

Yeah. He also hugged Patton and gave him props. It was on the NFLN show and not the cut-ups they put on the website.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
drdiags":3u8s8fng said:
TJH":3u8s8fng said:
Basis4day":3u8s8fng said:

Was this on video?

Yeah. He also hugged Patton and gave him props. It was on the NFLN show and not the cut-ups they put on the website.

That's the one I saw. Sherman the BOOGIE MONSTER hugging 49ers players and wishing them well.

Gonna be tough working that into the villain narrative, lol.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Shock2k":1ox9047i said:
Shock2k":1ox9047i said:
HawkWow":1ox9047i said:
Man I love Lynch.

Man I love this team.

Oh not to mention there were 2 DAMN CAMERA ANGLES of that little exchange, and the media only showed the angle where you can't see Sherman holding out his hand. Basically making it look like Sherman was getting in Crabtree's face.

Yeah, I noticed that it seemed only the one angle was getting played, too.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
So was Sherman guilty of giving too enthusiastic of a handshake following a win?

drdiags

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":ul3xla5v said:
So was Sherman guilty of giving too enthusiastic of a handshake following a win?

Probably guilty of not taking the entire situation under consideration.

Reminds me of the Dallas Romo fumble game. Stopped back at Temple feeling no pain. There was a solitary Cowboys fan sitting next to me catching grief from Hawks fans. I offered some words of encouragement. He didn't take it too kindly. In hindsight, I could see where he figured I was just piling on and he didn't want to hear it. I was in euphoria (and toasted) and he was in misery. Should have left him to his misery.

Dtowers

Reaction score
drdiags":eymfze6w said:
AbsolutNET":eymfze6w said:

Probably guilty of not taking the entire situation under consideration.

Reminds me of the Dallas Romo fumble game. Stopped back at Temple feeling no pain. There was a solitary Cowboys fan sitting next to me catching grief from Hawks fans. I offered some words of encouragement. He didn't take it too kindly. In hindsight, I could see where he figured I was just piling on and he didn't want to hear it. I was in euphoria (and toasted) and he was in misery. Should have left him to his misery.

I think the comparison to the Harbaugh and Schwartz exchange flew over your head.