Richardson-torn ACL-out

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ShaunPope":z0pzqdwf said:
Any free agent WR that are worth bringing in this week for a look?

Mike Williams is out there. I'd guess we probably go with our own though. Norwood's role likely just jumped up, though they'll probably split between Lockette too.

Crizilla

Reaction score
so 2 ACL tears so far in his young career? Not to be a debbie downer but is that a capable recovery long term? Can he sustain a legit career with those types of injuries TWICE? I really hate to see him be that one great player but just can't stay healthy and ends up being let go...

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This really SUCKS!!! Our depth on both sides of the ball is very, very thin. Unlike last season.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seattle just has the worst luck drafting Wr's... Can we just pick up UFA's only

Mojambo

Reaction score
I agree that this probably forces us to patch up WR through FA this off-season.

Here's hoping Fitzgerald comes available at a manageable price.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":3ndkdft0 said:
so 2 ACL tears so far in his young career? Not to be a debbie downer but is that a capable recovery long term? Can he sustain a legit career with those types of injuries TWICE? I really hate to see him be that one great player but just can't stay healthy and ends up being let go...

Fear the worst eh? Two ACL's to the same knee. Chances of maintaining that elite speed seriously compromised. WR was already a need, but I think it just became our priority. Damn it!

themunn

Reaction score
Crizilla":1yvsyhk9 said:

I don't know, you could ask a guy we played last night - one of the league's best LBers (Thomas Davis)?
Could swear the Adrian Peterson had one of the best ever seasons by a running back just 9 months after a torn ACL too.

I do think we should draft WR high (1st round if talent available) - but I thought that even before the PRich injury.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Bad news.. I don't even care about this week or SB, I care about the kid's future. I hope he can make a full recovery.

Largent80

Reaction score
Damn. I don't feel sorry for any NFL fans teams complaining about refs and / or injuries.

Norwood?...Lockette?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Wow.....................this stings.................he was just starting to get things going. This really hurts our offense, ugh this SUCKS!

GFang

Reaction score
Damn. Here's to a full recovery for Paul. If he can stay healthy, he's got a bright future here.

Exittium

Reaction score
Jfc learn something new everyday. Today I found out you could tear your acl from your knee hitting the ground.. Amazing. I like the kid, but I hope this isn't like a McCoy thing where we keep him around year after year, injury after injury, So here's to a speedy and full recovery!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1ps1c7f4 said:
Norwood will step up...marker my words.

Needs to really. Only silver lining with this injury is that we'll get to see what Mr Clutch is made of, and that's clutching...

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
To bad, Richardson was really starting to be a viable weapon as the season has worn on. The other downer is, this will all but kill the majority of next year for him as well. He may be back, but like most people know, it takes a full 1-2 years before your back to normal after these injuries, but who knows, he may be Superman like AP was when he came back from his injury a couple of years ago.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I markered your words and now the screen on my iphone is messed up....

Seriously sad to read this news though. He and RW were just beginning to work well together. Maybe it's time for Norwood to shine or maybe the Mathews kid finally steps up. This is a huge oppurtunity for some one.