Robinson 5th round pick 2020 (Released)

Mick063

Reaction score
I thought he showed really well as a rookie. Seems like he hit a wall and then got injured. The final nail was drafting Hall in round two. Contingent upon how well his knee has recovered, I think Robinson isn't washed out of the league. I think he is good enough to get into an NFL rotation, but Seattle is kind of stacked at DE/OLB. Releasing him this early may have been a favor. It will give his next potential home some time to take a longer look. But he has to be able to pass a physical right now. It is that time of year.

Last edited:

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Sadly Alton Robinson never got to "realize" his NFL potential. Many NFL players miss out on "windows of opportunity" when progress through your rookie contract is closely monitored. Perhaps this clears the way for Tyreke Smith to earn a spot on our 53 man roster.

The progression necessary to get an extended contract was missed...and it does seem Seattle releases good players "early" (Ryan Neal latest example) to increase their chance to compete and make the roster of another NFL team.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Yeah trim more dead weight I love it!!
Get your ass off my squad Alton and don’t come back. Scrub

nanomoz

Reaction score
He'll get another shot somewhere. In a true 4-man front.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Didn’t Pete basically say his knee was still messed up a month ago?