Rookie Class

Seafan

Reaction score
Demetrius Knox was placed on IR with a quad injury. If you followed him at Ohio State you can see the potential in this kid and he's big/strong like Solari likes his guards. He's now stashed for the season but with an injury that shouldn't be difficult to overcome.

Haynes is the other rookie guard and is still on PUP following sports hernia surgery. These two guys could be the eventual starters. This should save the Hawks future draft capital for the OL and the Hawks can focus on a tackle next April. Iupati, Pocic, Fluker, and Simmons/Johnson should be enough to warrant keeping the rooks in reserve.

Demarcus Christmas will be on PUP though I don't expect him to impact the roster. They should have used that pick on Ursua and saved a future 6th.

Rookies Gary Jennings and Jazz Ferguson IMO are in a battle with David Moore for the final two WR spots. The Hawks have cut a rookie 4th round WR before so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think Terry Wright has a lot of talent and could make the practice squad if another team doesn't grab him.

Metcalf, Ursua, Collier, Barton, Blair, Amadi are locks IMO with BBK almost a sure thing as well.

A fourth UDFA who has a good chance at sticking to the roster is DT Bryan Mone.

It's too early to tell but it seems to be a good group certainly in volume alone. Adding this many new kids to an already young roster is impressive.

xray

Reaction score
It appears to be a lot of good prospects this year for sure .

sutz

Reaction score
IR does not necessarily mean "stashed for the season" any more.

Just sayin'.

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
sutz":2c4peb38 said:

Just sayin'.

True. If they cut him with an injury settlement that would be obvious they see no future in him. Luckily his injury isn't devastating. He's safer on IR than on PS.

jed2140

Reaction score
im really feeling Umadi
hes seems to have that It factor. Im not saying hes a young honey badger but hes in that realm. He could end up being a special player.

I'll tell you that Wright excites me. I think we are not using him much so we can stash him on the PS but I like him more than USURA personally.
He has game breaking ability

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seafan":2ftk2kh4 said:
sutz":2ftk2kh4 said:

Just sayin'.

True. If they cut him with an injury settlement that would be obvious they see no future in him. Luckily his injury isn't devastating. He's safer on IR than on PS.

I think sutz means he could theoretically come back this season. Teams can designate what, one player to do that each season? Have to sit out 6 weeks though, right?

sutz

Reaction score
HawkGA":31kitjtz said:
Seafan":31kitjtz said:
sutz":31kitjtz said:

Just sayin'.

I think sutz means he could theoretically come back this season. Teams can designate what, one player to do that each season? Have to sit out 6 weeks though, right?
8 weeks is correct and I think it may be two players now. One difference is that they don't have to designate him when put on IR, but can decide later. When they started it they would have to designate the guy destined to come back. Don't think they have to do that now, so if someone more important/useful to the team pops up they can bring him back.

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
sutz":3oohe33v said:
HawkGA":3oohe33v said:
Seafan":3oohe33v said:
sutz":3oohe33v said:

Just sayin'.

8 weeks is correct and I think it may be two players now. One difference is that they don't have to designate him when put on IR, but can decide later. When they started it they would have to designate the guy destined to come back. Don't think they have to do that now, so if someone more important/useful to the team pops up they can bring him back.

Knox is already out for the year. He's a preseason IR. He can't return. Haynes if kept on PUP can return. Depth is a concern right now. Iupati and Simmons are frustrating injuries. Both have injury histories.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Think its a really good class given all the wheeling and dealing we had to do.

Biggest issue has been health with this crew. Collier, Haynes, Blair, Metcalf, Knox, Christmas have all had some issues big and small.

I'm high on Amadi despite his size. Dude just knows football. Ursua seems similar in grasping the nuances.