Reaction score
[youtube]7fJHWyMNAjc[/youtube]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1111339756649177088[/tweet]

Testing:

4.48s 40y dash
17 reps of 225
39.5 vertical

NFL.com Synopsis:

"'Run to daylight' back who excels as an outside runner with clear paths to follow. While he can make tacklers miss, his lack of vision sometimes takes him to trafficked areas when optimal routes are available. He's a little undersized, but runs big and he already possesses NFL-level toughness in pass protection. Homer has his flaws, but he's a smooth athlete with a chance to outplay his draft slotting. His value as a punt gunner and third-down option gives him a chance for early reps right out of the gate."

NFL.com Weaknesses:

- Fumble in spring game foreshadowed fumbles in-season
- Fumbled four times at clip of once every 42 carries
- Leaves yards on the field
- Field vision appears filtered through a straw
- Misses back-side one-cut opportunities too often
- Inconsistent in setting up tacklers
- Quick to duck head and bull forward when he has no clear point of entry
- Takes on tackler in the hole rather than eluding him

Height 5' 10"

Weight 201 lbs

Arms 31 1/2”

Hands 10”

40 Yard Dash 4.48

Bench Press 17

Vertical Jump 39.5

Broad Jump 130.0

3 Cone Drill 7.07

20 Yd Shuttle 4.31

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/travis-ho ... 9fa9f97090

jmahon316

Reaction score
[youtube]-aO5t87lq6A[/youtube]

[Edit: Beat me to the punch Maelstrom!]

James in PA

Reaction score
I know I’ll sound like a “homer,” but I like this pick too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own The West

Reaction score
Reminds me of Ricky Watters. North-south runner without break away speed; but will finish the run and if you don’t square up/wrap up, truck you and keep on going.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Watching some of his videos and like what I see. Similar to Prosise and McKissic. Time to move on from Prosise

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Passed on local hero Miles Gaskin for this kid. So done :sarcasm_off:

jmahon316

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1v13mrz8 said:
Unbelievable. Passed on local hero Miles Gaskin for this kid. So done :sarcasm_off:

He's an UDFA now, won't be surprised if we bring him in for a look

Ruminator

Reaction score
The thing that stood out to me in the top vid of the OP was actually the speed of Brice Hall #34 who finally pushed Homer out of bounds, starts at about 1:40. Fast! "Had an angle on him" notwithstanding. Made it look like Homer was only giving 75%.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I'd probably trade McKissic for a 7th at this point unless they just want to keep him at WR.

Nice pickup. Already proficient in pass pro, from what I hear, to go along with the other twitchy traits.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Maulbert":1pebqmwg said:
jmahon316":1pebqmwg said:
Jerhawk":1pebqmwg said:

He's an UDFA now, won't be surprised if we bring him in for a look

Draft is still going on. A bit premature.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1122255133289504769[/tweet]

My apologies, I spoke too soon. I've been drinking in celebration of the team's draft due to feeling great about it and forgot there was still picks after ours ended.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1vqstc03 said:

A draft isn't about picking Husky fans favourite collegians. That's pretty strong homerism. We've picked a TE and LB from UW the last couple years. I think that's enough.

Homer looks like Mike Davis' replacement.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2zf80x7m said:
Jerhawk":2zf80x7m said:

A draft isn't about picking Husky fans favourite collegians. That's pretty strong homerism. We've picked a TE and LB from UW the last couple years. I think that's enough.

Homer looks like Mike Davis' replacement.

He was clearly joking with the sarcasm emoticon.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
IMO, the Seahawks wasted a pick here. They have plenty of RBs with Carson, Penny, Scarborough, Prosise, and McKissic. Homer has a fumbling problem. Hopefully he remedies that issue otherwise NFL will be an acronym for "Not For Long" for him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Depth, hedging for possible injuries, we know we have nobody that gets hurt as a RB here so yeah it may be a waste :)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":123d98kv said:
Depth, hedging for possible injuries, we know we have nobody that gets hurt as a RB here so yeah it may be a waste :)

What makes the pick a waste is not that they chose a rb...they chose one that has a problem holding on to the ball. There were plenty of backs they could have chosen that didn't have that issue - Myles Gaskin for one. Considering that PC is turnover averse this goes against his mindset.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":ha0y9b9m said:
chris98251":ha0y9b9m said:

What makes the pick a waste is not that they chose a rb...they chose one that has a problem holding on to the ball. There were plenty of backs they could have chosen that didn't have that issue - Myles Gaskin for one. Considering that PC is turnover averse this goes against his mindset.

As much as I liked Gaskin here at UW he has a lot of mileage on him and previous injuries, at the RB position it's not what you want going into the Pros, I would have been ok as a UDFA and see what he has versus NFL level Competition, not big, not really explosive, just a good Football player that's determined and sometimes that works. Emmitt Smith made it work for him.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1ng5kp44 said:
chris98251":1ng5kp44 said:

Fumble risk is mitigated somewhat by his planned role as a third down back. Don't expect him to pound the rock much - he was drafted mostly because of his plus pass-blocking abilities, I'm sure.

This is less replacing Mike Davis than it is hedging/adding competition for Prosise and McKissic.