Round 6, Pick 204 - Travis Homer, RB, Miami

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Didn't know he's only 20 years old. There's real potential for this to pan out long term, albeit not as a feature back. I think Carson is an apex back, but we'll need a good 3 backs so that we don't run dudes into the dirt. This is good.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Lots of reasons to like this. Alex Collins had and has fumble issues but is still an electric player at times. Infact everyone cried we let him go in 2017.

It adds competition so Penny and others step their game up.

Gaskin is not a receiver or pass blocker. So meh and im a uw alum.

Ruminator

Reaction score
vin.couve12":pol72owf said:
Didn't know he's only 20 years old. There's real potential for this to pan out long term, albeit not as a feature back. I think Carson is an apex back, but we'll need a good 3 backs so that we don't run dudes into the dirt. This is good.

Whoa, just 20? That adds a very interesting perspective to this pick. Maybe he will become a feature back in 5 or so years.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
As long as he doesn't appear on the injury list for a hangnail or something, I'm okay with this. He could end up being Procise's road out of here.

sutz

Reaction score
Given our recent history at RB, I have NO problem taking a 6th round flyer on a back with some skills and some wheels.

Remember, our recent history of surviving a season without major injury problems at RB (like have the top 3 guys missing time) is exactly one season long. I'm down with a project guy. ;)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ruminator":2pgp9s5p said:
The thing that stood out to me in the top vid of the OP was actually the speed of Brice Hall #34 who finally pushed Homer out of bounds, starts at about 1:40. Fast! "Had an angle on him" notwithstanding. Made it look like Homer was only giving 75%.

That was a WOW! Moment for me too. How can we get Bruce Hall?

A far as Homer is concerned, there were a couple of "Holy Shit" plays in there. But also a couple of times where he looked like he was hurt and his team mates were concerned. Probably reading that completely wrong?

He looks like Pete's favorite type of RB though, a tackle breaker.

Fade

Reaction score
A smallish back for the Seahawks, but the kid runs hard, and is very physically gifted. I project him as a 3rd down back, and special teamer.

Practice squad this year, with a high probability to be the 3rd down back next year. He will have to be a standout on special teams in pre-season to make the team this year.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Imagine if, when this guy's carrying the ball, whenever he makes someone miss, the crowd goes "DOH!"

That'd be awesome.

Seafan

Reaction score
Fade":ztw32eux said:
A smallish back for the Seahawks, but the kid runs hard, and is very physically gifted. I project him as a 3rd down back, and special teamer.

Practice squad this year, with a high probability to be the 3rd down back next year. He will have to be a standout on special teams in pre-season to make the team this year.

They may be thinking return game with him. Time to take that away from Lockett. We don't need him getting hurt.