[RUMOR] Guy on Reddit says Sherman is celebrating extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":2rv3xn79 said:
Somehow grocery store champagne doesn't seem appropriate for a $32.5mil celebration...

That too. What kind of champagne can you get at a grocery store?

Now if they were saying they saw the manager at the Total Wine, opening up the locked display case to get to the expensive stuff... maybe I'd bite on the story.

Also like his mom is just saying exact figures of the contract to some random person..... nah.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
if you're planning on blowing it all over the room with your family to celebrate i dont really think some higher end grocery store champagne is really the wrong way to go - just because you're getting paid doesn't mean you need to be stupid. You are talking about a guy who grew up in compton and his dad has kept his garbage man job and dude looks like a hard ass, I bet if Sherman spent too much money on a bottle of bubbly his pops would have something to say about it.

I'm not going to guess on the validity of this story but it goes along with what I've been thinking for a while; Sherman's deal was done right along with Earls, and Earl announced first being the sr. guy.

Won't be surprised to hear about the deal being done today.

Wearing my "Denied by RS25/Here's a Tip. . ." shirt today in anticipation.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Our QFC (Sammamish) carries $100-$200+ bottles of champagne and wine. I am sure some of the Bellevue stores do as well...maybe even higher end.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I live in Ballard (formerly very blue collar) and there are two grocery stores within a mile of my house that both stock Dom Perignon -- usually have at least a case and a half -- at $120 or so per bottle. Most would consider that top shelf champagne.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think by high end champagne most people are expecting a 60-something million dollar contract to demand a bottle of Krug or Dom for several thousand dollars. Apparently people forget that Sherman went to Stanford and is smart enough to realize how dumb that would be.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Usually Beverly only comes up here for games.......... why is she even here?
I am sure something is in the works if she is up in Seatown (assuming the story is true that they were spotted).

rigelian

Reaction score
Largent80":1samn9xg said:
"guy on Reddit" that says it all.

It would be much more credible if it were "some guy on Reddit". The "some" just adds adds to the air of authenticity. :)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
v1rotv2":t34v92a0 said:
Those numbers are way too low for the best DBack in the game. It would be great for the team if he took that contract but 5yrs. $45 mil with 25 guaranteed would be closer.

Laughing at this :lol:

"Those numbers are way too low.. so I'll make them even lower"

Cartire

Reaction score
Also, with the speed that the media tweets inside rumors, this would have been reported if had even a bit of merit. The family wouldn't already be celebrating 1-2 days prior.

kobebryant

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3ogq43cf said:
Those numbers are way too low for the best DBack in the game. It would be great for the team if he took that contract but 5yrs. $45 mil with 25 guaranteed would be closer.

Math.

That is lower than 5 x 13.5.

kearly

Reaction score
The numbers sound exactly like what one would expect.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
yeah not sure what's off about the numbers, they seem like realistic ones to me. I think some people are not realizing the total amount isn't in there even though that's the least important number of them all.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'll just wait for confirmation more solid than "A Guy on Reddit" if you don't mind. Even if the numbers sound pretty legitimate.

danp1990

Reaction score
Hawknballs":koautt48 said:
yeah not sure what's off about the numbers, they seem like realistic ones to me. I think some people are not realizing the total amount isn't in there even though that's the least important number of them all.

Yup! very true, and after E.T Signing we only have about 13 Million in the Cap Room as shown here in the Link its located in the far top right box - http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/ . this also would beat out Brandon Carr's CB from Dallas Deal which is currently the highest CB deal in the league.

Carr's Deal-5yrs 50Million ,10Million Signing Bonus, 25Million Guaranteed.= Total Deal Worth 85Million

Sherman's Deal-5yrs 65-67Million the 65-67 is from a 12-13 Million yearly, Signing Bonus Similar to E.T at 9-10Million, and Guaranteed 32Million= 107.5Million Deal Easiest Highest Paid CB Deal in The league Bar None!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts