OP
OP
O

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3kcpjvbc said:
HawkStrong":3kcpjvbc said:
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154914
Good work, FlyHawksFly. I'm glad at least someone cares about duplicate topics on here.

Honestly, that's a a stretch to call this a duplicate thread. At the time of the original post, we didn't have a single thread with "Jadeveon Clowney" in the subject header. So while the referenced thread may have evolved into a discussion that included the trade rumor for JC, I think this criticism is petty.

Anyway, now that it's a done deal, we have even more threads to poke through.... But at least now, we have solid facts to discuss. Great day to be a Hawks fan (imo)!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1az7gxil said:
OahuHawkFan":1az7gxil said:
oldhawkfan":1az7gxil said:
olyfan63":1az7gxil said:
I don't see why Duane Brown would have any special knowledge of the subject.
Anyone can compare Clooney to Clark. Just look on YouTube for yourself, links below.
I know OldHawkFan is old, and the 60's had great performers, but it might just be time for him to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 70's.

[youtube]mriXncI96lw[/youtube]
[youtube]Zx06XNfDvk0[/youtube]

Careful. I may have to take you out to the woodshed. My point about Duane Brown is that he has an insight to Clowney that can’t be obtained from YouTube, instagram, Snapchat or anything else you can find on the google machine. He knows the guy. He knows his work habits in both practice and games. He knows his personality. He has gone against him on a daily basis in practice. He knows what kind of teammate he is. I guarantee you if John and Pete are even considering the prospect of trading for him they have had conversations with Brown. It’s called due diligence.

While this sounds logical. I'm not sure if it works that way commonly. I think for certain team leaders (for example: Russel Wilson, Bobby Wagner), I could see the GM or Coach somewhat informally asking a player for their feedback.

But I could also see this as a bit of a conflict of interest between the player and the NFL Players Union. Sometimes, things get convoluted like that. I'd guess the GM / Coach need to tread more carefully than you might expect.

I don’t see how that would be a conflict of interest. I’m sure these types of conversations happen all the time between management and players. It happens in the business world all the time. No difference than a reference. I have no doubt that Johnand/or Pete have asked Brown what he thinks of Clowney as a player and teammate. Not that hard to imagine.

I love it when I’m proven right! Pete just said in his presser that they had a lot of conversations with Duane Brown about Clowney. He had a lot of insight that they could rely on. :0190l: :177692:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1168659080082182145[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JessamynMcIntyr/status/1168659453425541120[/tweet]