Rumor - Matt Flynn trade imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2icilaio said:
suppaball":2icilaio said:
Seems to me we could get next years first from them.

More of a chance Pete Carroll gets a Jim Harbaugh tattoo.

Well, Papa Pete could get one of Harbaugh's face on his ass, that way he can have the satisfaction of knowing Jim's kissing his ass 24/7/365. :)

mikeak

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2n4cmzaa said:
I am proud of myself for repeating what Ian Furness said about five days ago, but what seems like five years ago. I think that I was the first person posting here to post about the Flynn trade. I like to think that this Nightmare Trade That Just Won't Be Completed Thread was started, at least in spirit, by me.

There is a tenarive deal in place according to multiple sources. Just that Oakland wants Flynn to go below market value so we shall see what happens

SNDavidson

Reaction score
intense-stare.jpg

NYCoug

Reaction score
Me, after waiting for this trade to be completed this weekend to see what the compensation is...

2Skeleton_at_computer.gif

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
New forum rule: No speculating. First offense is a 30 day day ban. :cool:

kearly

Reaction score
In the Florio article one of the comments mentioned the pick being a 6th rounder. Probably just some fan pulling that number out of his ass, but still, it wouldn't surprise me. Seattle wants 4th round value, and the deal was reported to be two picks, one in 2013 and one in 2014. I could definitely see the deal being a 2013 6th and a 2014 4th/5th conditional type. That's not quite 4th round value, but it's very close. Oakland does not have a 5th rounder this year (we already have it) and giving a 4th straight up for Flynn would be tough for them to swallow given how good the 4th round is looking this year.

Remember too that Schneider and McKenzie are old pals that worked together as peers for many years. Wouldn't be surprised if John Schneider cut McKenzie a bit of a sweetheart deal here, especially since the Raiders seem to be the only serious suitor remaining at this point.

BelfastHawk

Reaction score
Would I be correct in thinking that if this deal involved Flynn restrucuring that that would affect the Seahawks salary cap space as well as the Raiders in terms of dead money etc?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
kearly":nwxg5jsn said:
Wouldn't be surprised if John Schneider cut McKenzie a bit of a sweetheart deal here, especially since the Raiders seem to be the only serious suitor remaining at this point.

This is a business.....not sure sweetheart deals exist. You get what you can get. If we only get a 6th rounder and something next year.....then that is his value. Personally I think Flynn is 5th-6th round value, have said it all along.....Oak doesn't have a 5th...so a 6th makes sense. Anything more than a forth is robbery imo.

We will see. Many on this site have been talking 1st -2nd round value since last year. Should be interesting.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
BelfastHawk":330nr7zv said:
Would I be correct in thinking that if this deal involved Flynn restrucuring that that would affect the Seahawks salary cap space as well as the Raiders in terms of dead money etc?

I don't think it will affect his dead money with us. Any benefits from a re-structure goes da Raiduhs. They assume anying we don't already owe him for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.